• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forget that LBW is an MP - Facts / Fiction

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If what Gao Ning said is true, it appears that the coaching staff are focusing on the women's team and neglecting the men's team. In this sense both team manager and the head coach must be held responsible.

But most people get distracted by the silver medal, meaning winning the silver medal does not absolve both the team manager and head coach from the fact that they had neglected their duties.

These guys are lucky. If LWB had not lost her head and screwed up badly in the PR aspect, there is a lot that this 2 jokers have to answer to. Anytony Lee's first excuse when asked by the press was that he was busy preparing for the closing ceremoney. Head coach told the reporter to judge him by the results.

They might as well given the guy $20 a day makan money at the start of Games and tell him to fend for himself.

jesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anytony Lee's first excuse when asked by the press was that he was busy preparing for the closing ceremoney. Head coach told the reporter to judge him by the results.

All of a sudden the head coach gets to set his own KPI? And only after the fact? Hahaha

Can I knock down someone but win an Olympic Gold medal and tell the court judge me by my result? Hahahaha

Loongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
These guys are lucky. If LWB had not lost her head and screwed up badly in the PR aspect, there is a lot that this 2 jokers have to answer to. Anytony Lee's first excuse when asked by the press was that he was busy preparing for the closing ceremoney. Head coach told the reporter to judge him by the results.

They might as well given the guy $20 a day makan money at the start of Games and tell him to fend for himself.

Interestingly, LBW was given air-time during the Tues night Channel U newsread at 11pm, even before the regular news were read by the newsreader. She personally broadcasted herself on air that night with the reporter at the news-room. I have never come across such a hijack before, even civil defence mobilization only got a flash on the TV screen. Why? She went to Mediacorp instead of SPH to explain her plans for the future of STTA because..? Hehe, isn't this interesting?

In any case, the whole management at STTA should be sacked. Vivian needs to do the right thing. If I were the president of STTA, I would never allow such a fiasco to happen. If no coach, I will personally be the coach stand-in. If I can wave flag, I surely can be a stand-in coach. Then, I will come back to Singapore to butter the team manager and the head coach. Not to know that a coach fell sick without a replacement shows clearly that STTA cannot take any credit for the performance of its players. Personally, I feel the win was by luck. If Singapore were to play with China in the earlier rounds, it's Japan or Korea playing for silver against China instead. Singapore would have nothing to show for.

STTA is so full of crap, top down. I am utterly disappointed as much money was fed into this game, putting these group of clowns to international competitions leading to the Olympics. We deserve better showing from all of them, including the management.

Finally, I will cold-store Gao Ning. I watched his match. He is horrible. The Croatian chinese wasn't that good. Gao Ning is fully to be blamed for his own loss, taking the issue separately.

As an offside, did anyone watch the Japan's team? The coach looked like a sick old man, behaved like an ineffective coach and left the coaching to his player Fukuhara Ai, who seemed to be coaching the other players. However, read this extract from People's Daily Online and tell me what you guys think of the Japnese team:

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90779/6478228.html

"The crowd cheered as Fukuhara Ai took to the table against former Chinese Dang Ye-seo. Whenever the Japanese star fell behind, the enthusiastic fans chanted "Fuyuan Ai Jia You", or "Go Fukuhara Ai".

A boy shouted "Take it easy", drawing laughter from the crowd. But noisy fans failed to pull their idol through, who lost to the lower-ranked opponent 11-4, 13-12, 7-11, 11-3.

"We really wanted to win the bronze medal because we have never won an Olympic medal for Japan and it is the last Games for our coach," Fukuhara told reporters, with tears coming to her eyes.

She confirmed Saturday that Japanese women's head coach Kinji Kondo, who was 65 and had 12-year teaching experience in the national team, would retire after the Beijing Olympics."

Look at this Japanese team and compare with the Singapore team. STTA is disappointing really. No players even bother to come forward to defend the coaches in this incident. That speaks volumes. The whole STTA, top down all the way to the individual players need to rethink their contribution to this sport. Pathetic!

PJ Boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
But most people get distracted by the silver medal, meaning winning the silver medal does not absolve both the team manager and head coach from the fact that they had neglected their duties.

Why not? Economic growth seems to reward and absolve the PAP of many things.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interestingly, LBW was given air-time during the Tues night Channel U newsread at 11pm, even before the regular news were read by the newsreader. She personally broadcasted herself on air that night with the reporter at the news-room. I have never come across such a hijack before, even civil defence mobilization only got a flash on the TV screen. Why? She went to Mediacorp instead of SPH to explain her plans for the future of STTA because..?
The first rule of sports is to pick people with leadership skills who understand and love the game. Why is there are need for politician to lead a sports organisation. Look at soccer, it never went anywhere with Politicians in charge.

This lady seems to have neither. She screwed up the Association, the event and the experience.

Unfortunately people have focused on her rather than the idiots who clearly led down the players that they are paid to look after.

I would like to see everyone held accountable for.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
These appears to be a number of issues in play here:

(1) The alleged behaviour of the coaches

(2) The actual behaviour of LBW.​

Her actual behaviour had been variously interpreted as:

(2a) a matter of PR
(2b) a matter of competence and leadership
(2c) a matter of autocratic, arbitrariness and abuse​

Each of these interpretations carry different reactions to the issue.

A parallel is a certain case where the official interpretation is that it is a matter of operational oversight. Thus the blame attached to the person was immensely reduced. And falls directly on the operational people under him. Now if the official interpretation is that it is a matter of vision, then the outcome would be very different.

This illustrates how different assumptions lead to different conclusions.​

Going back to the case, reading Dr Vivian Balakrishnan's reported words and proposed handling of the matter, I hold a reasonable belief that he will be able to flesh out the real issues and handle the matter appropriately.

At the least, his approach demonstrates good PR, competence and leadership with no hint of autocratic and abusive behaviour.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
These appears to be a number of issues in play here:

(1) The alleged behaviour of the coaches

(2) The actual behaviour of LBW.​

Her actual behaviour had been variously interpreted as:

(2a) a matter of PR
(2b) a matter of competence and leadership
(2c) a matter of autocratic, arbitrariness and abuse​

Each of these interpretations carry different reactions to the issue.

Good summary bro. Covers all areas.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good post Bro:smile:

Interestingly, LBW was given air-time during the Tues night Channel U newsread at 11pm, even before the regular news were read by the newsreader.

Look at this Japanese team and compare with the Singapore team. STTA is disappointing really. No players even bother to come forward to defend the coaches in this incident. That speaks volumes. The whole STTA, top down all the way to the individual players need to rethink their contribution to this sport. Pathetic!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Your views........... remember that Lee Bee Wah does not exist.

It's just a game. Games are for relaxation and enjoyment. These aren't life or death issues.

In my opinion, it's much ado about nothing.

Singapore has far bigger problems on its plate.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone noticed this forum got 10 seconds of fame (flashed on screen, caught loongsam's avatar), on telly last night? Reaction from other forums and even a CNA poll (if LBW gets canned or not). There's such a thing as too much hullabaloo on this.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Anyone noticed this forum got 10 seconds of fame (flashed on screen, caught loongsam's avatar), on telly last night? Reaction from other forums and even a CNA poll (if LBW gets canned or not). There's such a thing as too much hullabaloo on this.

Which skin did they show?... smooth red, smooth blue or the orange and blue one?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right. Its now common knowledge that the coach was chaperoning certain big wigs as goodwill for SNOC at the latter's request. Thats why when the fury erupted, SNOC chief immediately sided with the coach as he knew why he was occupied and was absent from the game that he was supposed to be at.

When Viv B found out, no inquiry took place despite he making the pledge in Beijing. Only the MP was made to apologise for her outburst.

No inquiry documents, no indication who sat on it, no nothing.

Why else is SNOC breaking tradition and protocol in asking the Sport parent body to nominate. In the past, they have refused to accept nominations that were submitted after deadlines.

Till to day, no one has any idea what the coach was doing and where he was.

Time to resurrect this thread...to refresh our memories.

kchunjeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean lack the skills of :

1) Read and hear between the lines.
2) How to size up a person thru his/her speech, body langauage.
3) The motive behind it, the hidden agenda.
4) Talk less, do more.

These will be the set back for all of us here. mind my words.