• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Feel like quiting my job

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is better to keep your current job at this point of time. Like our great PM Lee said, do whatever you can now, don't be fussy and choosy, take up the job and at least you got to work. Wait till the tough times are settled and there will be better job opportunities out there for you in future. :smile:

This the most lame views I have come across. Most of my ex-engineers frz (who drew $5-7k) are either becoming a salesman or accepting lower pay.. to work.. finally suffer another fate of retrenchment.. again and again..

There is another way to resolve the problem.. maintain your profession and venture overseas.. I am still a xxxxx Manager in the 1st world country.. without fearing of losing a job :smile: Best of all, I can venture into new business using my spare time..

So to listen/obey to your master or to seek for new opportunities ? only the fighters can tell you the answer..

Monkeys see monkeys do attitude got to change..

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
After working 3 decades and amassing 800 grand, it sounds incredulous to me that one would still want to work in an unloved job, as if you lose your raison d'etre without it.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This the most lame views I have come across. Most of my ex-engineers frz (who drew $5-7k) are either becoming a salesman or accepting lower pay.. to work.. finally suffer another fate of retrenchment.. again and again..

There is another way to resolve the problem.. maintain your profession and venture overseas.. I am still a xxxxx Manager in the 1st world country.. without fearing of losing a job :smile: Best of all, I can venture into new business using my spare time..

So to listen/obey to your master or to seek for new opportunities ? only the fighters can tell you the answer..

Monkeys see monkeys do attitude got to change..

Before the change, they need to unsinkified themselves first. OR else the change will be fruitless.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Have to agree . As long as the PAP is in power, expect the same old policies & its only a matter of time before you'll be replace by cheaper 3rd world labour :(

If you emigrate you are UPGRADING to a better system. Cheaper & more representative gov't, better pay, better treatment, better health care, better future, ...

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have to agree . As long as the PAP is in power, expect the same old policies & its only a matter of time before you'll be replace by cheaper 3rd world labour :(

If you emigrate you are UPGRADING to a better system. Cheaper & more representative gov't, better pay, better treatment, better health care, better future, ...

Well, it is all about 'EXIT' strategy... I'm not sure about upgrading but I have so much to offer given my exposures in SG. These Ozzies respect me like Commandos.. hahaha.. My best bet is still my own business ~ the 'vehicle' to lead me into financial independence, it may take years to harvest but i have the time :smile:

KNN, my fellow countrymen or bosses treat me like slave.. Anyway, without them I wouldn't be here.. I believe the current climate has created many fighters... as a fighter in the freedom camp, I believe i survive. Therefore, I am thankful what SG has given me.. 3 cheers !

Last edited:

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suggest you devote your remainding life for a better singapore, first by working against the repressive rules set by PAP, in any way you like.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
This thread is a good one that is truly missed. The people in this red dot has no loyalty to speak of. I bet LKY and his close kin will also have secret agenda to leave when time come.

Probably leave with the GIC and Temasek fund as well :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This thread is a good one that is truly missed. The people in this red dot has no loyalty to speak of. I bet LKY and his close kin will also have secret agenda to leave when time come.

Probably leave with the GIC and Temasek fund as well :rolleyes:

LKY will be buried in Spore, as a HERO but not too sure Mdm Ho & Mrs. Ho. They are more likely to make even more "honest mistakes" .

Even if the PAP run road, there will be many angry Sporeans who will need someone/party to blame when they realise the cupboard is empty. Some will dog the PAPies whereever they will run to :rolleyes:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I suggest you devote your remainding life for a better singapore, first by working against the repressive rules set by PAP, in any way you like.

The first step of a better Sinkieland is the removal of PAP. Are u suggesting that?