• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Feel like quiting my job

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Have any of you in these troubled times feel like just throwing in your resignation letter and call it quits? ....

1. Make sure all my housing loans are fully paid
2. All my offsprings are fully educated to the best of their abilities and are working
3. All my life insurance are fully paid
4. Have enough reserved capital in my savings ( $800k in cash )
5. Have a steady income after I resign ( rent from my house $2k and pension )
6. Keeping myself active ( Gardening , Plastic Modeling , Reading SBF and the net , Grooming my 2 dogs )

7. Medical bills, especially if you have chronic disease, like high blood pressure etc... Could be $200 - $300 a month if you are taking non-generic drugs.

8. Hospital bills

:p

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Work is just a portion of your life that fills up your time in your active years - it may help you to network, bring in income, bring joy, know more people, keep your brains active etc. But if all these pros turned to cons, it's better to call it quits as I think it may affect your health, both physically and mentally.

Wherever you are going to retire, you still need to be healthy physically and mentally to enjoy what's leftover in life for you isn't it?

just my 2 cents :smile:

desperateuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have any of you in these troubled times feel like just throwing in your resignation letter and call it quits? After working for 30yrs and retirement is just round the corner for me somehow I can't wait for it to come. I know some of you might think I am insensertive for that let me tell you I am sorry 1st. Everyday I wake up and drag myself to work I feel like throwing in that resignation letter that is in my locker for the last 3years show my boss the middle finger and just walk out. Everyday when I return from work my whole body ach and my mind just don't want to think of anything. Before I decide to quit I made a checklist of all the things I need to do before I can quit and I have completed it to the best of my abilities. Listed below is the checklist I might have missed out afew and if any of you would be kind enough can add it in for me so that I won't bump into it later please :smile:

2. All my offsprings are fully educated to the best of their abilities and are working
6. Keeping myself active ( Gardening , Plastic Modeling , Reading SBF and the net , Grooming my 2 dogs )

Hello friend, you can make sure from point 1 to point 6 but you never make sure your health thats what i am worry most. pls considering your health come first before all 6 and if you have 6 worry than i think you are not too healthy

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
er during the day ( Bump into some asshole too )
Bad :
1. Language problem ( Some of the mats don't speak English at all got to learn mat language )

I did consider Thailand but my mrs think I am out of my mind to move to a country where its at constant state of chaos

1. The language you are referring to is not "Mat" language. It's YOUR OWN NATIONAL LANGUAGE. :rolleyes: You and your family should learn it now before you are FORCED to learn it when Singapore reverts to being part of Malaysia.

2. Thailand is not in a constant state of chaos. The so called "chaos" that the media reports affects only 0.0001% of the country. Referring to Thailand as "chaotic" based on what happens in a minute portion of Bangkok is like like judging the whole of the USA based on life in the Bronx.

Sinkies never fail to amaze me with their naivety about life outside the little red dot.

hemunkeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The first words of wisdom that I have come across in this forum in a long time.:wink: I've never come across a more insular bunch of people than sinkies.

You hit it on the nail ! Sinkie are a bunch of insular creatures.
Met an old lady today, told me she has 2 sets of grandchildren one
stays in USA, their sinkie land. Told me that her sinkie grandchildren
are spoilt, over dependant on the maid + parents and cry babies compared
to her USA grandkids who are more independant, earn their allowances and does their own chores.

Sinkies has got to wake up, strengthen your back bone and complaining
about NS

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sam - in Singapore we don't have the types of floods, droughts and forest fires that you do have in your adopted host country. And then may be we should be more adverturous like you and risk all the hazards.

And one more thing - It is plain stupid to burn the bridges that link you to your motherland - unless you have been treated like shit. Afterall the "shithole" is the very place you are created and came from!

Jesus man surely you don't believe EVERYTHING the media throws at you!:rolleyes:

When you hear about drought, floods, fires etc in a particular country, it doesn't mean that the WHOLE DAMNED COUNTRY is a disaster waiting to happen. It simply means that certain areas are at more risk compared to others.

Let's take rainfall as an example. many places in Australia have more rain per annum than Singapore (2300mm per annum) I have NEVER run out of water in my rural property. It's collected directly from the roof and I have enough storage for 3 months worth of water! Name me ONE house in Singapore (peasant owned) that is self sufficient for more than 3 or 4 days. You aren't EVEN ALLOWED to save your own rainwater in the little red dot.

As for forest fires, there hasn't been a forest fire in my area for the last 100 years plus if my house in OZ was flooded, it would mean that 90% of Singapore would be under more than 30 metres of water!

If you really worry about threat to life and property, I suggest you start packing your bags because Singapore is a disaster simply waiting to happen. While the country doesn't have to worry about forest fires, the whole region is a racial and political powder keg just waiting to explode. How 3 million Chinese can be so blissfully ignorant regarding the dangers posed by 200 million muslims watching their every move is simply mind boggling.

LKY won't be around much longer and things will start to unravel the very day he kicks the bucket. If you think his looney son is going to hold things together, be prepared for a rude shock.:rolleyes: You have been warned.

If I was adventurous, Singapore would be the ideal base for me as nobody knows what will happen to the country 5 years time. However, because I want stability for myself and my family, I prefer to live in a country which I know will still be around 100 years on. I also prefer to own land and property that can be passed from generation to generation in perpetuity. 99 year leases don't tickle my fancy.

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam (Whoever host you are),

this is what I call words of wisdom, when many failed to understand what may come next after LKY fuck off.

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello friend, you can make sure from point 1 to point 6 but you never make sure your health thats what i am worry most. pls considering your health come first before all 6 and if you have 6 worry than i think you are not too healthy

Yup got my health covered with my insurance :smile:

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is the insurance plan comprehensive covering all the illnesses?

If you got it in Spore, I'm pretty sure there are limitations .

Got 1 that covers 31 maj illness and another that covers up to SGD 50k in medical expenses not sure if that will be enough thou with rising medical cost.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam (Whoever host you are),

this is what I call words of wisdom, when many failed to understand what may come next after LKY fuck off.

You should understand more and never underestimated LKY. He plans not for today or tomorrow; he plans for the next 30 - 50 years! He steps aside long long ago to let one PM after another PM to see Singapore through the years!

Perhaps your eyes are so clouded that you missed reading his conversation with Ho Kwon Ping a few days ago about what comes after LKY.

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should understand more and never underestimated LKY. He plans not for today or tomorrow; he plans for the next 30 - 50 years! He steps aside long long ago to let one PM after another PM to see Singapore through the years!

Perhaps your eyes are so clouded that you missed reading his conversation with Ho Kwon Ping a few days ago about what comes after LKY.

I think you have been blinded by LKY theories for what he was before back then and what he is today. You can still read LKY books but dont believe too much what he has written because there are too many ufold truth is hidden except how great LKY is.

LKY plans no longer for singaporean like what he did in the past 20-30 years ago, neither he treat singapore as one naton for singaporean, we dont have the ownership like the way we live in our own house.

My eyes is still clear to see the situation around me and what he has for his greed, nonetheless we have been given the unconditional "hardship" life instead of he (LKY) to help us to lessen our burden.

Next, what is foreigners compare to singaporeans in his eyes??

Everybody got the answer, I dont know if your answer is the same, perhaps opposite.

You are the best for your own answer.

jw5

Loyal
Have any of you in these troubled times feel like just throwing in your resignation letter and call it quits? After working for 30yrs and retirement is just round the corner for me somehow I can't wait for it to come. I know some of you might think I am insensertive for that let me tell you I am sorry 1st. Everyday I wake up and drag myself to work I feel like throwing in that resignation letter that is in my locker for the last 3years show my boss the middle finger and just walk out. Everyday when I return from work my whole body ach and my mind just don't want to think of anything. Before I decide to quit I made a checklist of all the things I need to do before I can quit and I have completed it to the best of my abilities. Listed below is the checklist I might have missed out afew and if any of you would be kind enough can add it in for me so that I won't bump into it later please :smile:

You sound like a prime candidate to retire and start smelling the roses. :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got 1 that covers 31 maj illness and another that covers up to SGD 50k in medical expenses not sure if that will be enough thou with rising medical cost.

Don't want to sound like that peanut lady but $50k is peanuts. Knew someone who had cancer & he ran up a medical bill of $200k.

Even though I had a surplus of medisave funds, my recent stay of 1.5 weeks at a local hospital cost me cash $10k+, This included only a minor surgery, an exploratory catheter.

I was quoted $20k to $30K for open heart surgery. This does not include follow-up doctor visits, medicine, etc.

I wonder about those insurance plans which limit coverage to "major illnesses". Are these illnesses COMMON illnesses that Sporeans suffer :confused:

Those insurance companies are out to make money & not to help Sporeans. So I think those insurance plans must be limited for the insurers to make a profit :rolleyes:

I know that the medical tourists are going to Malacca & LOS, NOT Spore. Myself included, I went to KL for medical treatment & saved 80% over what it would have cost in Spore :smile:

jw5

Loyal
Everyday when you go to work, just think that someone is paying for your time when you you go for your holiday. That's what my friend in the govt sector do. Think positive, when times are tough, they always think wah lucky I got people paying me when I am holidays. everyday, wake up and first thing you do after you thank god is to thank your boss for paying your salaries, your housing loan ,your car loans, your son's educations, your holidays abroad and your 3 meals everyday and since you work for him for 30 years your 800k savings all came from your boss. Pray that he stay healthy , wealthy and continuing to pay you. Thinking about it, I havent thank my boss today.
We are paying for your friend in the government sector to go on holiday.
Does he realize that?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

We have a pretty similar retirement plan. For me ..
1) Min AUD500k cash.
2) Fully paid house min land 800m2 for gardening..
3) Min 60k annual income returns after stop work. or 6 rental income with net yield of 10k each.
4) Ability to change a new car every 4-5yrs :smile:
5) Ability to travel once a yr.
5) Most importantly ~ hope your frz retire the same time.. for hobbies.. and talking cock !

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

with that , you could come over japan and buy a house with your own land , bulid a 3 storeys house , on the first level , do some business , second and third level for you to stay .....life in japan is not as stress as what you think it is .....welcome to japan

PAPsupporter

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is better to keep your current job at this point of time. Like our great PM Lee said, do whatever you can now, don't be fussy and choosy, take up the job and at least you got to work. Wait till the tough times are settled and there will be better job opportunities out there for you in future. :smile:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

if you tell me that LKY has plans for the next 30-50years when he is in his 50s ..i agreed but now hes too old to think ...now , he just worry about his own wife which have been giving him advice for the last 40years , have been in coma .... which means he is helpless liao .

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you find your health is affected by your stressful work and have enough savings, no harm throwing in your letter. But best is do it after you have found a relaxing job, income need not have to be the same. Happiness is the key.