• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Facing heavy pressure at work

ronaldinho

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recent months have been terrible. I have been putting in twice as many hours and getting less than half of sales.

I get told off by customers, sometimes abused when I try harder to persuade but I am not angry at them because I know their companies have cut budgets but if I don't try I will never get the sale and eat grass

My job primarily based on comm with low basic. But even the low basic is facing a 20% cut. If this goes on and the company cannot cover costs of holding inventory and other variable costs, retrenchment will begin

Right now I comfort myself, even though basic cut 20% and comm drop by 70% I still got job, but if I lose the job, how can I find one in this recession

(For those who re going to ask me work shipyard, I paikar)

I am under a lot of stress, I cannot sleep, I feel headache all the time but I cannot show my weakness at work and pretend to be the steady confident salesman

Deep down I feel like shit

Who has been thru shit and in the end come out champion, please share ur experience so that bros here can learn to cope

Thanks, xie xie, terimakaseh, nandri,

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
almost every job is the same now.
everywhere also either cut pay,freeze increment and recruitment.
so 1 person doing at least 2 person's jobs,right now.
so just hang on and carry-on till can see the light again.

mwjng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear TS

I can empathize with your problems.

My recommendations:

1. Hang in there. That's obvious but u need to reinforce this in your mind.

2. Get some good rest when u are off duty (esp at night). Get some pills to sleep because you need to be recharged for the next day and come out fighting (for sales). Nobody wants to associate with a moody person, remember that.

3. Ask yourself privately: Can ur family handle the stress u are going thru? If yes, talk to them honestly and prepare for the worst. To come home and to face smiling and consoling faces rather than frowns is a good remedy and tonic after a stressful day.

4. Search for another job. Infact, u should always on the look out for better jobs opportunities. Spent time on your CV and submit it on-line to the recruiters on the Internet. Scan the papers and start applying for a job. There is no rule why u should only start looking after u are fired.

5. There is no shame to cut down on expenses. U just need to adapt.

6. Take a good look at ur family members and see them as motivators for you to get things better rather than to be filled with self-pity.

7. Go to a quiet place or the sea side and shout your head off for 3 mins. After that, go back and get your spirits up again.

8. Don't be negative and cynical, that's a sure way to be fired.

9. Go to your boss with a sales plan. Remember that they are also under tremendous pressure. Talk to them more often and try to understand the situation and market.

10. Think out of the box. Desperate times calls for desperate measures. Don't go banging your head at the same customers with the same products and same sales call methods. Demonstrate creativity in your sales, generate new sales leads or offer customers a new sales offer/plan. (eg: understand what is important to the company, ie: sales volume or profitability?)

My two cents, hope it helps. Just remember, I have been there. Have even experience worse.

Take care my bros.

Leegimeremover

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah. If Teo H P can be MP, I can be MM, and CSJ can be master of the universe. LKY is only qualified to point to other old men to clear the table. We won't want his pacemaker failing won't we?

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sign up for night class in the mean time. Must have some backup in case something happens. The night class training will prepare you for other opportunities :biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I'm suggesting that he take a break from working life. He can use the time-out to rejuvenate the system.

not many people see the need for a break. now i fully understand why SM Goh said he'll be worried if there's no retrenchment in Singapore... he's even looking after the folk's emotional health... :p:p:p

ronaldinho

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who offered suggestions, I bow to you and thank you

Tonight I am very depressed, I shut myself in the room and watch TV but nothing seems to regitser. After the match ended 3-1 I didnt even know there were four goals scored

I am in a daze

I am tired

But I can't sleep

I am very stressed I don't know how to fight this

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tonight I am very depressed, I shut myself in the room and watch TV but nothing seems to regitser. After the match ended 3-1 I didnt even know there were four goals scored

I am in a daze

I am tired

But I can't sleep

Work towards immigrating out of peesai. Take a trade course that ie in demand overseas.

My wife is in high end retail. I always tell her not to take her job seriously.

It is pointless living in snkapore. Living overseas you can change your career anytime of your life and no one question you about it. They will respect you.

I have a cousin who used to work in a bank in peesai. Now she is happier in her new job in Canada coaching tennis and swimming to kids. Lamo sinkee peers used to look down on her, now they themselves are jobless and in debt.

There is no end to your problem. They only way to live a happy life is to leave peesai and burn your sinkee passport.

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am in a daze

I am tired

But I can't sleep

HEY WAKE UP....WHATEVR YOU DO ..DON'T BE A FAGGOT

I have been posting for many years about downgrading

Why you keep depresses and this and that..20% pay cut and is end of the world???

What about 100% pay cut....don't be a faggot!!

Life is like that, dont be depressed, be free

You are free when you downgrade, you are free when you relaise that material things are useless

THink of all the faggots who must have the latest laptop, latest ipod, latest whatever

fuck them faggots..i use my 8210 handphone seven years still swee, i watch CRT TV, I dont ven take bus if less than 5km, just walk..I am in good health, I got no boss to report to

I am free

whatever you do dont be depressed like a faggot softie

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hiphop_mp.jpg

jw5

Loyal
ronaldinho
Are you a bank relationship manager?
If you are my reply is:
:smile:

ronaldinho

Alfrescian
Loyal
FUCK!

Today public holiday my company HR called up and informed me that I will be retrenched ad they downsizing my department by half in light of poor economic conditions.

Even though volume has dropped I am still one of the top salesmen and I am retrenched? HR said no way to U-turn the decision. I asked for no basic, only comm, they also said don't push it, just accept.

I will get AWS plus one month for the time I worked with the company

I haven't told my family. I took them out for curry fish head and when they asked why I looked so down I said weather no good and feeling a bit tired

My CPF can cushion mortgage a few months but beyond that I am looking into a deep hole

How to go forward like this

Recent months have been terrible. I have been putting in twice as many hours and getting less than half of sales.

I get told off by customers, sometimes abused when I try harder to persuade but I am not angry at them because I know their companies have cut budgets but if I don't try I will never get the sale and eat grass

My job primarily based on comm with low basic. But even the low basic is facing a 20% cut. If this goes on and the company cannot cover costs of holding inventory and other variable costs, retrenchment will begin

Right now I comfort myself, even though basic cut 20% and comm drop by 70% I still got job, but if I lose the job, how can I find one in this recession

(For those who re going to ask me work shipyard, I paikar)

I am under a lot of stress, I cannot sleep, I feel headache all the time but I cannot show my weakness at work and pretend to be the steady confident salesman

Deep down I feel like shit

Who has been thru shit and in the end come out champion, please share ur experience so that bros here can learn to cope

Thanks, xie xie, terimakaseh, nandri,

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
company see you so depressed of couse retrench you as they fear you spread the depression to the entire company and their customers.

Remember this :

There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

There is opportunities in crisis.

NS is killing Sg.

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
congratulations. i mean it. and i am not being sarcastic

watch fight club

understand the futility of what you were

and realise that you are now liberated

fuck consumerism, live for the sake of living and not to buy some useless crap that some faggot creative director from some crap advertising firm tells you to buy