• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex tiong-premier 胡锦涛 kenna dragged away at 二十大 congress meeting.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also hope China will invade Taiwan asap. Singapore will gain from it.
If this will happen, I hope that TSMC, UMC and the likes, will transfer their high-end technology, manpower and set up production facilities in Singapore as it is their next best choice, both in terms of political stability and cost measures. The US and Japan are still too high costs for them whilst Korea is just another unscrupulous competitor (awaiting to steal their technologies) in their views. However, to entice these companies, the Singapore government must provide very good incentives like free/subsidized land and finite years of tax free status, which I believe will be a very difficult, if not impossible, decision.

Last edited:

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this will happen, I hope that TSMC, UMC and the likes, will transfer their high-end technology, manpower and set up production facilities in Singapore as it is their next best choice, both in terms of political stability and cost measures. The US and Japan are still too high costs for them whilst Korea is just another unscrupulous competitor (awaiting to steal their technologies) in their views. However, to entice these companies, the Singapore government must provide very good incentives like free/subsidized land and finite years of tax free status, which I believe will be a very difficult, if not impossible, decision.

They rather transfer to Vietnam than Singapore.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
They rather transfer to Vietnam than Singapore.
Vietnam is very tricky. In my industry, those who runs business in Vietnam cannot repatriate their earnings out. So maybe, mark-up the export prices to Vietnam and retain the profits in Singapore, but Vietnam imposes high import-duties. LPPL, the higher you declare your import prices, the more taxes that you pay.

Then vietnam customs is also very corrupted like China, they just more transparent, you pay your dues, you get your goods. Businessmen or their forwarders need to go police station's "custom desk" to submit bags of cash to get their goods release.

Lastly, those who study hard and work hard in Vietnam are the women. I also don't understand, you hire viet men, you will vomit blood. The factory workers, the good office managers, are mostly female.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
First and foremost, we have been trying to get them over https://www.straitstimes.com/busine...ltibillion-dollar-chip-plant-in-singapore-wsj

One TSMC's like JB's GDP.

However, we need China to have the balls to really whack Taiwan.

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vietnam is very tricky. In my industry, those who runs business in Vietnam cannot repatriate their earnings out. So maybe, mark-up the export prices to Vietnam and retain the profits in Singapore, but Vietnam imposes high import-duties. LPPL, the higher you declare your import prices, the more taxes that you pay.

Then vietnam customs is also very corrupted like China, they just more transparent, you pay your dues, you get your goods. Businessmen or their forwarders need to go police station's "custom desk" to submit bags of cash to get their goods release.

Lastly, those who study hard and work hard in Vietnam are the women. I also don't understand, you hire viet men, you will vomit blood. The factory workers, the good office managers, are mostly female.

For electronics sector, Vietnam manufacturing is top! Many mncs went into Vietnam already. They offer talent and cost advantages

Splendicker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sg do not have the capacity to handle bi-products of pollutants in her tiny landscape.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fully agree with you on your views about Vietnam and its government. You do indeed have good exposures to the Vietnamese business environment. It's a renown fact that most Vietnamese men are drunkards. LOL.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
We already have multiple wafer fabs here from Micron, UMC, Global foundries. So we have capacity
These are not state of the art technologies. For example, back in March 2022 when UMC announced their new 22nm fab to be built in Singapore, I strongly suspect that they are merely disposing their age old/outdated machines to be reinstalled in Singapore, instead of scrapping them in Taiwan. This is of very little benefits to Singapore. Of course we cannot be asking for the latest 3nm fab technology to Singapore, but at least they should have brought in the 7nm fab technology, which is already considered old by INTEL.

I have personally experienced such discrepancies before. Years ago, many of the CNC machines used in the MATSUSHITA (PANASONIC) air-conditioning factory in Malaysia were those of the ancient era being brought down from Japan. Those machines were still using paper tape for their NC programming input whilst, the latest development were already using 3½-inch floppy disks during that time. When I was there, I was asking their staffs on why are they still using such ancient machines in their so-called "new" factory?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foxconn can close down their operations in China soon
Apple is already assembling the Iphone 13 in India and Foxconn also has a plant there in the Southern Tamil Nadu state to provide the necessary support. Prediction is that it'll only be a matter of time before they will also make the Iphone 14 in India.