• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ERA SPG Property Agent Yaya Woh!

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
think the guy you are talking about is her husband. My friend from ERA told me that she and her husband together clock $300k in last year Dec alone. So what she is lau lan, its the fact that residents in Sengkang/punggol LOVE her service

Judging by that, I would assume she does "profiling". Top-notch service for those she considers "real" buyers, and go-to-hell attitudes for those look-see look-see, not-decided types. Otherwise she wouldn't be clocking good sales.. not that I approve her style tho'

peasantJUDGE

Alfrescian
Loyal
When purchasing an expensive asset, never ever worry about attitude, service standards, bad manners etc. If you think you can get value, act on it. When you buy, you are not buying the sales agent or their manners. Never ever buy an asset if you don't see the value at that price even if the sales agent with the world best manners and service attitude and bends continously licking your arse in a purring tone.

Never ever give up on a purchase or a sale of high value items when the amount in negotiating difference is a few hundred or even a few thousand dollars as long as the difference is a small % of the sale price.

Never ever walk away if you have a bad boss, but walk away if its a bad company.

Never ever walk away............................................... on anything based on ego and pride.

How silly one must be to talk about a miserable aircon when buying a house.

The writer is a typical S'porean cheapskate trying squeeze small money out of the sale. She's not really complaining about poor service attitude, she's actually complaining about the agent making her feel unimportant. Some "customers" actually think their money is so big that the whole must stop revolving just for them.

I've personally experienced a customer tell me "hey, listen, the customer is always right". I replied "yes, I agree, you are always right. So, if you can find someone to sell this to you for $10,000 a piece as you say, please sell it to me. I'll buy 20 from you." Some customers' business should be avoided at all costs, especially those with a tendency to nit-pick at service. They drag down your profit margins.

peasantJUDGE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Judging by that, I would assume she does "profiling". Top-notch service for those she considers "real" buyers, and go-to-hell attitudes for those look-see look-see, not-decided types. Otherwise she wouldn't be clocking good sales.. not that I approve her style tho'

I think more agents and independent business people are adopting this attitude. Not that it's totally bad or good. It's about making the most margins by selecting your customers. Some customers can keep you tied up for long periods and still not agree to a deal. There's an opportunity cost involved, and a smart & savvy agent will want to maximise her selling opportunities and profit margins.

Some customers simply deserve to be brushed off. People will always demand tip top service as long as it's free. But there's a cost for the person providing it.

peasantJUDGE

Alfrescian
Loyal

Frankly, when you talk about a $360,000 deal and the "customer" want to gripe about an old aircon, it's a silent message from the "customer" that she's not interested in the flat. A good salesperson will always look out for buying signals, and it's not worth trying to overcome such objections as an old aircon because the price tag is way too big for an impulse buy.

bluesky

Alfrescian
Loyal
The writer is a typical S'porean cheapskate trying squeeze small money out of the sale. She's not really complaining about poor service attitude, she's actually complaining about the agent making her feel unimportant. Some "customers" actually think their money is so big that the whole must stop revolving just for them.

I've personally experienced a customer tell me "hey, listen, the customer is always right". I replied "yes, I agree, you are always right. So, if you can find someone to sell this to you for $10,000 a piece as you say, please sell it to me. I'll buy 20 from you." Some customers' business should be avoided at all costs, especially those with a tendency to nit-pick at service. They drag down your profit margins.

I think more agents and independent business people are adopting this attitude. Not that it's totally bad or good. It's about making the most margins by selecting your customers. Some customers can keep you tied up for long periods and still not agree to a deal. There's an opportunity cost involved, and a smart & savvy agent will want to maximise her selling opportunities and profit margins.

Some customers simply deserve to be brushed off. People will always demand tip top service as long as it's free. But there's a cost for the person providing it.

Frankly, when you talk about a $360,000 deal and the "customer" want to gripe about an old aircon, it's a silent message from the "customer" that she's not interested in the flat. A good salesperson will always look out for buying signals, and it's not worth trying to overcome such objections as an old aircon because the price tag is way too big for an impulse buy.

You talk like an experienced property agent. Are you ?

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal

if only my company's sale people is half as good as you, we won't have to worry about those money losing projects that take a huge bulk of our time.

no need to be a property agent to see the logic. :smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Have the same view as you. I saw what she had written and realised that she thinks she is in an upmarket food court ordering chicken rice.

If this lady goes to London, sydney or Frisco. She will be eaten alive by the agents there.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes. For example , its a well known practice in private property circles to add on to the market price to one particular race as this race is well known to drive a very hard bargain. Eventually the price will be whittled down and the buyer is pleased. As they tend to be high maintenance customers but do have the money, special slots are organised for them. In a rising market, their calls however is not returned or excuses given.

Opportunity costs is the first principle that you learn in economics and its fundamental to good business.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, good sales people profile. The better ones know how to use the profile without upsetting customers but some can't do it. This sales lady appears to be one who can't.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When purchasing an expensive asset, never ever worry about attitude, service standards, bad manners etc. If you think you can get value, act on it. When you buy, you are not buying the sales agent or their manners. Never ever buy an asset if you don't see the value at that price even if the sales agent with the world best manners and service attitude and bends continously licking your arse in a purring tone.

Never ever give up on a purchase or a sale of high value items when the amount in negotiating difference is a few hundred or even a few thousand dollars as long as the difference is a small % of the sale price.

Never ever walk away if you have a bad boss, but walk away if its a bad company.

Never ever walk away............................................... on anything based on ego and pride.

How silly one must be to talk about a miserable aircon when buying a house.

You are wrong, unless the agent doesn't take commission from the buyer. As long as the agent is earning a single cent out of the buyer, she has the responsibility to act professionally to earn her keep. Otherwise she does not deserve a cent from her bad attitude. There are thousands of agent in Singapore, he is not the only one struggling to sell the flat. I will tell the seller to settle the matter outside the agent.