• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does anyone go swimming with your Submariner or Seamaster?

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
series 6.9 is water resistant down to 50m, not waterproof. and it has to be dried with a lint cloth or paper towel. hair dryer with high heat will degrade performance and durability.

If a watch is water resistant, it should not specify the depth. It creates the illusion that it's waterproof.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If a watch is water resistant, it should not specify the depth. It creates the illusion that it's waterproof.
to achieve iso 22810:2010 certification they need to test it underwater down to a specific depth for a specified duration. otherwise, no data no certification. what about so called “waterproof” watches? are they exhaustively tested based on international standards?

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you even know what you're talking about or you are just talking cock ? I suggest you go read up more about pressure under water.
You are really sounding a lot like BigCockMan now.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
They need to specify the water resistance and depth (and the corresponding water pressure). Hence for the Submariner (also the seamaster) they are water resistant to 300m. Means they were tested to 300m or a little more to work properly without the crystal caving in or the watch exploding due to helium built-up in the case. There is an ISO standard for this, which also disallow the use of the term waterproof.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They need to specify the water resistance and depth (and the corresponding water pressure). Hence for the Submariner (also the seamaster) they are water resistant to 300m. Means they were tested to 300m or a little more to work properly without the crystal caving in or the watch exploding due to helium built-up in the case. There is an ISO standard for this, which also disallow the use of the term waterproof.
Admire your patience with this fucker.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yalor. “waterproof” labelling on watches is a big farce and fraudulent in many cases.

mixmasternrv

Alfrescian
Loyal

Does anyone go swimming with your Submariner or Seamaster?​

my answer is "Yes I do". I have 3 Seamasters and 1 Submariner - and I've had them on my wrist when I swim.
No issues - they are Dive Watches after all.

Am attaching pix of my latest Seamaster the all ceramic Black Black - this is larger at 43.5mm

Attachments

• 6064df0e755f2344041e18a2_pjimage-3.jpg
    6064df0e755f2344041e18a2_pjimage-3.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Omega-Seamaster-300M-Phantom-2.jpg
    Omega-Seamaster-300M-Phantom-2.jpg
    887 KB · Views: 50

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Does anyone go swimming with your Submariner or Seamaster?​

my answer is "Yes I do". I have 3 Seamasters and 1 Submariner - and I've had them on my wrist when I swim.
No issues - they are Dive Watches after all.

Am attaching pix of my latest Seamaster the all ceramic Black Black - this is larger at 43.5mm
U swim with 4 watches. U don't trust just one? LoCacs cannot be that good then.

mixmasternrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
U swim with 4 watches. U don't trust just one? LoCacs cannot be that good then.
:laugh: my mistake in not being explicit! Wore each of the watches separately in each session and yes they all worked as advertised. My favourite dive watch that I still own and swim in is still my Breitling Avenger II Seawolf Yellow Dial Men's Watch A17331101I1S2 which is a heavy monster at 45mm full steel and before the Rolex / Omega deep sea watches. It is rated to 3,000 meters / 10,000 feet and nope I don't go anywhere as deep as that but it's bragging rights I guess for a beauty of a tool watch.

Attachments

• breitling-avenger-ii-seawolf-yellow-dial-men-s-watch-a17331101i1s2-5.jpg
    breitling-avenger-ii-seawolf-yellow-dial-men-s-watch-a17331101i1s2-5.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 49

Piersqsw

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's been a while since your post, but I'd like to add some information. I've got a Submariner and it's pretty much my go-to watch for swimming. These watches are built to handle the water, so you should take advantage of that. The Submariner has been my trusty companion on countless beach trips and pool sessions. I never worry about it because it's designed for this exact purpose. It's not just for show; it's a real tool to watch.
I've also had the chance to try out a Seamaster. A buddy of mine swears by his. He’s been diving with it for years, and it’s held up like a champ. These watches are made to be in their element when they're underwater. It's like taking a sports car for a drive – you just gotta do it.
If you're concerned about whether it's safe, just make sure the seals and gaskets are in good condition, and have them checked regularly. These watches are tough and built to last, so a little swim is nothing for them.
By the way, if you're looking into getting one, or even just browsing for some cool watches, check out https://chronoexpert.co.uk/watch-water-resistance/ . They've got a great selection and you can find some good deals there.

Last edited: