• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does anyone go swimming with your Submariner or Seamaster?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
So you have this thingy ?

That's perfect for pressure testing. I have not gotten around to getting one.....I build the watches for myself, so not so on the ball. I test by dunking them (without movement) into about 2m of water. I also use shower head to blast the areas that have seals.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's perfect for pressure testing. I have not gotten around to getting one.....I build the watches for myself, so not so on the ball. I test by dunking them (without movement) into about 2m of water. I also use shower head to blast the areas that have seals.
Can buy one. They aren't that expensive on Aliexpress. You will see micro-bubbles if watch isn't properly sealed.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004267266185.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.1a651b473qfPHL&algo_pvid=414b18a1-5ef6-4533-bffa-62cfaf8cfdfb&algo_exp_id=414b18a1-5ef6-4533-bffa-62cfaf8cfdfb-0&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"12000028573083115"}&pdp_npi=2@dis!SGD!!167.08!!!!!@210318c916581331315743111e94da!12000028573083115!sea

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
yeah I know. Seen it on aliexpress. So far so good, with my own testing methods. But not very pro I know! :biggrin: Got all the tools needed for watch modding and repair, except for this pressure tester.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
So have you done anything to your polar explorer's dial? I hope not.

No I did some research and you are absolutely right..... upgrading the dial will downgrade the price.

EG the earlier model 16550 polar had a major flaw... the watch face turns creamy yellow with age. Does it affect the price? you bet... its value is double that of my 16570 model that I bought. Anyone who changes the dial of the 16550 will lose thousands of dollars in the process.

1658134892453.png

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
@blackmondy How? You tempted to get the latest Seiko GMT SSK? 100m, Hardlex and no screw down crown. Read somewhere can change to sapphire, understand it's same diameter as the SKX crystal.

Key_visual_RGBcopy.jpg

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No I did some research and you are absolutely right..... upgrading the dial will downgrade the price.

EG the earlier model 16550 polar had a major flaw... the watch face turns creamy yellow with age. Does it affect the price? you bet... it's value is double that of my 16570 model that I bought. Anyone who changes the dial of the 16550 will lose thousands of dollars in the process.
Make the bezel rotatable and the value will even go up more.
You'll now have a super-rare-as-hen's-teeth GMT-Master Explorer. :biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

EG the earlier model 16550 polar had a major flaw... the watch face turns creamy yellow with age. Does it affect the price? you bet... it's value is double that of my 16570 model that I bought. Anyone who changes the dial of the 16550 will lose thousands of dollars in the process.

View attachment 152881
Yep, best is to keep it stock and original. And wear it in the day since the tritium lume is gone.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
@blackmondy How? You tempted to get the latest Seiko GMT SSK? 100m, Hardlex and no screw down crown. Read somewhere can change to sapphire, understand it's same diameter as the SKX crystal.

Key_visual_RGBcopy.jpg
Never like those hour and minute hands. Wish the GMT hand is longer as well. Seiko GMT hands are too short in all their GMT models. My mind always has to fill in the gap to see where exactly it's pointing.

Here's my fav.

376621533_a2b46dace4_b.jpg

Last edited:

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wear my explorer 2 when I go fishing, my seamaster when I fish, cycle, run. They are tool watches, meant to be used. Unlike those who baby their watches, they are mere posers.
..me too, with my GMT Master II.

However, the servicing costs for Rolex has also shot up to about a thousand sgd per service.

Sold My GMT Master II taking profita and I'm happiest now using my Casio GShocks for Diving,..

Too many slimy characters wearing Rolexes these days,..

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
..me too, with my GMT Master II.

However, the servicing costs for Rolex has also shot up to about a thousand sgd per service.

Sold My GMT Master II taking profita and I'm happiest now using my Casio GShocks for Diving,..

Too many slimy characters wearing Rolexes these days,..
Can always bring to reputable watch repair shops to service. Bring back to agent always kena chopped. Diving?? I assume it's real diving in the sea and not desk or muff diving (which I am guilty of!). May I introduce you to the Tudor Pelagos. Ah Bengs and other shifty characters have not caught on to it yet.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have no issues doing every shit stuff with awatch 6.9. no point changing watches from sport to sport and from event to event. wear the same watch for all occasions from waking up, shitting, eating, walking, biking, swimming, bathing, lounging, humping.

Last edited:

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have no issues doing every shit stuff with awatch 6.9. no point changing watches from sport to sport and from event to event. wear the same watch for all occasions from waking up, shitting, eating, walking, biking, swimming, bathing, lounging, humping.

I don't believe Apple watch is waterproof.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have yet to see any offshore divers wearing a Rolex during their course of work. All wear Seiko. Only ever saw one Ang Moh diver chap wore Oris some years back during my company's offshore project in Labuan.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have yet to see any offshore divers wearing a Rolex during their course of work. All wear Seiko. Only ever saw one Ang Moh diver chap wore Oris some years back during my company's offshore project in Labuan.
The Ang Moh must be Pierce Brosnan in "After the Sunset".