• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does anyone go swimming with your Submariner or Seamaster?

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
These watches are meant to be super waterproof.

In reality, do you swim with these watches if you own one ? Or you rather buy a cheap Nabaji from Decathlon because you fear water will seep into your prized possession?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think those watches are an overkill for swimming, maybe more suitable for those who are diving.

Just get a trusty Casio watch.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think those watches are an overkill for swimming, maybe more suitable for those who are diving.

Just get a trusty Casio watch.
Of course it doesn't make sense to buy a Rolex or Omega for swimming.

I'm referring to those who already own these watches and they don't own cheap watches like Casio, Timex or cheap Seiko.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I wear my explorer 2 when I go fishing, my seamaster when I fish, cycle, run. They are tool watches, meant to be used. Unlike those who baby their watches, they are mere posers.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only real reason to buy Rolex is that it is pawnable.
A friend from N-Ass days who's was an industrial saturation diver only trusts this Seiko watch, even though his pay enables him to buy a new Rolex every month. Only quartz because he needs to stay in decompression chamber for days, making automatic watch unfeasible.

Last edited:

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would you swim with a Rolex yourself ?
I don't own a Rolex as it's too chunky for me.

If I owned one, I would because it would not make sense for me to "buy another cheap watch" just to swim. If Rolex is what it says it is capable, then I see no reason why I should remove it when I'm in the water.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't own a Rolex as it's too chunky for me.

If I owned one, I would because it would not make sense for me to "buy another cheap watch" just to swim. If Rolex is what it says it is capable, then I see no reason why I should remove it when I'm in the water.
Many buy Rolexes for investment. In other words, keep it in box with paper and regulate it with a winder. Wearing it in water will devalue it. Chlorine in water will affect the watch surface one way or another as it is a chemical. Micro-scratches will also eventually appear on watch crystal no matter how scratch-resistant it is.
If you really do own a Rolex, I doubt you will subject it to any harsh environment, considering how much money you spent on it.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many buy Rolexes for investment. In other words, keep it in box with paper and regulate it with a winder. Wearing it in water will devalue it. Chlorine in water will affect the watch surface one way or another as it is a chemical. Micro-scratches will also eventually appear on watch crystal no matter how scratch-resistant it is.
If you really do own a Rolex, I doubt you will subject it to any harsh environment, considering how much money you spent on it.
It never crossed my mind to invest in timepieces.

So you might be right. If I were into investment, then surely I would "pamper" my Rolex.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wear them swimming too, sorry I forgot to mention that. Both pool and sea, they are meant to tahan depths up to 100m (explorer2), 300m (seamaster) and 500m (pelagos). The most I have done is about 5m.
What watch do you wear when you are setting off firecrackers ? :rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
These watches are meant to be super waterproof.

In reality, do you swim with these watches if you own one ? Or you rather buy a cheap Nabaji from Decathlon because you fear water will seep into your prized possession?

My watch stays on my wrist when I'm out of the house no matter what I am doing.