• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do not understand why SDP is blame for contesting BE

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LLL spoke like an ah lian

Is it? I don't think so. I had a more recent experience of her speech ability when she was master of ceremonies for most of the Hougang WP rallies. I find it not bad.

We will let the rest decide if what we say is true. In the meantime, since it is not established that LLL is a weaker candidate, all is open and no one has a moral obligation to give way, whether SDP or WP.

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it? I don't think so. I had a more recent experience of her speech ability when she was master of ceremonies for most of the Hougang WP rallies. I find it not bad.

We will let the rest decide if what we say is true. In the meantime, since it is not established that LLL is a weaker candidate, all is open and no one has a moral obligation to give way, whether SDP or WP.

I think read this article very interesting
http://pijitailai.blogspot.sg/2013/01/blog-post_10.htmlsting
民主党会失去按柜金吗?

如果榜鹅东的选民都是网民,民主党还很可能中选。但是,政治的现实面是,在新加坡,在榜鹅东,目前看来,没上网的人还是比较多。受到主流媒体影响的选民,还是比较多。因此,选民的当地情绪是很重要的。这一点这三个政党都看到了。

行动党推出熟悉榜鹅的候选人,有基层经验,会说中英和潮语。行动党的竞选机器也准备好了。

工人党的竞选机器也准备好。再加上参与2011年榜鹅东的经历。选民也熟悉工人党。网上的一些不好的口碑,不会对工人党造成太大的伤害。所以,工人党不想和其他在野党讨论单一候选人的问题。如果,你手中有40多百分比的机会,你会跟一个不知道百分比的人谈条件吗?

民主党是一个变数。除非它能够把网上的好评转化到普通选民身上,那么它才能有所突出。民主党承认,本身在榜鹅东的基层工作还有待改进。新加坡东区选民对民主党的突然参选,又会有什么反应呢?

这就导致民主党也有可能失去按柜金,步民主联盟失去按柜金的下场。这样的结局,对民主党是好还是坏?对于善于思考的民主党来说,或许,它可以在这里找到另外一条出路,尽量避免硬碰硬。

this are the factor that SDP need to consider

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal

should let voter decide
but as i say, wp brand alone i a 5% advantage

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
should let voter decide

Based on GE2011 results, it's actually around 10%

% of valid votes in contested constituencies:
People's Action Party - 60.14%
Worker's Party - 46.58%
Singapore People's Party - 41.42%
National Solidarity Party - 39.25%
Singapore Democratic Party - 36.76%
Reform Party - 31.78%
Singapore Democratic Alliance - 30.06%

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
michelle will not be a surprise candidate
i mean can the produce a doctor or senior consel that can match Paul Tambyah, Vincent W or Ang Yong Guan.
if they have such quality candidate
than i will galdly support wp contest and urged SDP to pull out

Any man in the street is better than atas professionals who only interact mainly with people of their own kind.

billisnotathome

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most people just want all the opposition to do well, especially folks like Vincent W. What is aggravating is that pulling a stunt like this is going to set them back years and has the potential to erase all the gains they have made since their mauling in Sembawang 10 years ago. Maybe Dr Chee is a political genius with a masterplan no-one has figured it out yet, but from where most are sitting this just looks like political suicide. Pretty fucking sad and depressing to be honest.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LLL contest at PE which have more opp supporter
VW contest in holland BT which Vivian is very popular
I do agree that WP brand name alone will gather an extra 5% at least
But if SDP have a much better candidate that can cover this 5%, WP should give way

Is Vivian popular? First time I heard of someone organising a big sport meet without a plan to be self funding.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do agree that WP brand name alone will gather an extra 5% at least
But if SDP have a much better candidate that can cover this 5%, WP should give way

What is the use of having better qualification and yet cannot connect with the grassroots and voters?

You want to complain and go against PAP and yet you think like PAP.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Based on GE2011 results, it's actually around 10%

% of valid votes in contested constituencies:
People's Action Party - 60.14%
Worker's Party - 46.58%
Singapore People's Party - 41.42%
National Solidarity Party - 39.25%
Singapore Democratic Party - 36.76%
Reform Party - 31.78%
Singapore Democratic Alliance - 30.06%

Your table seems to say GMS is better than CSJ, TJS and VW combined.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not understand why so many forumer is pointing finger at SDP for splitting opposition votes, creating havoc for announcing that they want to stand in Punggol East BE. Some of the fourmer comment here is really unfair to SDP.

Here's why.

SgParent says:
*** I have said many times, if SDP play nice, focused on dethrone the monopoly, I will also play nice. If not then I will assume SDP is no better than the White Scums. Knowingly or not is irrelevant. ***

As any idiot would have predicted. The trusty Braddell Road Brothel immediately latch onto the story about SDP's supposed invitation to WP for discussion. Tell me who in his/her right mind would reject free ammo?

Let's compare WP and SDP
WP - announced interest to contest, only said they have ready candidate and ready logistic, said the choice lies with the voters, never talk about other Oppo
SDP - announced interest to contest, talked up their candidate's credential and in the same breathe, said they invited WP for discussion to avoid 3CF and published the content of emails to WP to make WP look bad (dun reply properly, played punk)

Who is more matured, more sincere? Who is initiating the bickering, cannibalization among Oppo?

What do you think?

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?140130-WP-is-arrogant&p=1365641#post1365641
scroobal

Default Re: WP is arrogant

The bad blood goes a long way. The fact that they have to resort to official letters rather than a phone call plus a threat to reveal the content to the public shows the hole that SDP is in. And the hole that they are digging deeper.

SDP needs to understand it is the entity that needs to repair the issue. It no different to a commercial or personal relationship. SDP chose a path that turned out to be erroneous over 2 decades seems to lost on them.

Early this week, SDP did the usual high profile approach to advertise their ground engagement. What were they doing for last 20 years would be the question in people's mind when they see such publicity.

By the way, Jufrie is considered a dud. A former member of WP (twice) and his comments about the WP over the years has not been encouraging. The fact that there is a video where a participant crucifies Jufrie for making silly and uncalled for remarks about Singapore average voters and Jufrie desperately trying to backtrack at an SDP organised event speaks volumes about this moron. By the way SDP released the video. Could they have not found someone more suitable than Jufrie.

Imagine CSJ's first letter to LTK contains a threat tells shows how skillful he is with negotiating. If I write a letter where I am not the party with the advantage, I would be bit more skillful in wording it. The same principles apply in commercial and personal interaction. Would I treat a much larger company and portray as an equal.

The fact they actually released the letters shows how poor political skills these guys have. Now you know why they are seldom invited to events where other opposition entities are invited. KJ has the same issues.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal

If PE really got more 40% then why SDP never early early go there work the ground, engage the voters, but die die stick to H-BT? They stupid or what?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
i mean can the produce a doctor or senior consel that can match Paul Tambyah, Vincent W or Ang Yong Guan.

If docter/senior counsel really makes good politicians, then why are we complaining about the White Scums?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
One more seat or less for WP will not make any different. They will also remain silence in Parliement.
If SDP will to contest and obtain votes close to WP
It will make WP wake up

SDP had not just 1 but 3, only for CSJ to threw them all away.

WP grew from 1 to 6. And they kicked out a few White Scum Ministars along the way.

Nuff said.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP currently have a few very good candidates which are of very good calibre like Paul Tambyah, Vincent W and Ang Yong Guan.

Any of the three is one class above WP candidate Lee Li Lian which contest GE 2011 at Punggol East.

if SDP candidates are so good? why need to beg others to pull out???

Wouldn't mind fucking the reporter in glasses on the left.

andrea ong from strait times.... I wanna fuck her as well... she can be quite chio if she know how to dress up.. but more likely she will become an old witch like the chua sisters.

if you are such a sucker for CV then justr vote PAP... his list of appt is like 2 page long...

politics is a team sport... please grow up...

Don't be lazy. LLL definitely speaks better than AYG. As for VW, it's not a world of difference between them. If VW is slightly better than LLL, I also need to consider which party can provide better grassroots support when the candidate gets elected.

If LLL was N Levels and spoke like the parrotman, then it is a different story. I don't care if it's WP, they can sink for fielding such a candidate.

LLL as she is definitely not the best MP material that WP has to offer... but that doesnt measn she is not the best candidate... in terms of effort put in and commitment... she is way above glenda...

should let voter decide

then why are u asking WP to let the seat to SDP?

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Vivian Balakrishnan and Ng Eng Hen are also medical doctors. What does that tell you?

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quality of the candidate means nothing if the voters are not going to vote for them.

Hougang elections - we didn't learn much. When you consider that the WP should have lost votes because of the Yaw Shin Leong scandal, but didn't, it is a slight gain for the WP.

If there is a straight fight between PAP and WP, the WP might win, more likely they won't.

If the SDP fields a very strong candidate, we will see which one is better: a slightly above average WP candidate with WP backing or a SDP candidate with very strong credentials. The outcome could look very very bad for either WP or SDP so they have to be careful about 3 corner fights.

Just because BE have 3 corner fights, it doesn't mean that GE will be the same.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quality of candidate is not defined by their academic prowess, or even corporate capability. The most important quality of politician is to have a heart for the common people. The technical aspect of governing is largely handled by well qualified civil servants, while the politicians moderate public policies to the benefit of their constituents.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vivian Balakrishnan and Ng Eng Hen are also medical doctors. What does that tell you?

It is relatively easier to find PhDs in that profession if it is academic qualification you are going after. And it seems that PAP believes in academic qualifications and so does SDP.

Last edited:

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think read this article very interesting

this article more interesting

[FONT=&amp]Lina Loh to Lianhe Zaobao on Chee-Chiam rift: Chiam was being forced out of SDP

[/FONT] In her first ever interview with the mainstream media, the wife of veteran opposition leader Mr Chiam See Tong, Ms Lina Loh revealed that Mr Chiam was forced out of the Singapore Democratic Party he founded in 1980.

Ms Loh contacted Lianhe Zaobao herself after reading the Zaobao interview with Dr Chee Soon Juan which was published on 28 February 2010.

Dr Chee was quoted as saying in the interview that he tried to stop Mr Chiam from leaving SDP to no avail, but was disputed by Ms Loh who said it is only “half the story.”

Ms Loh was interviewed together with former SDP CEC member and current Singapore People Party’s Chairman Mr Sin Kek Tong by Lianhe Zaobao journalist Ms Yew Lun Tian.

She sneered at Dr Chee’s claims that he had wanted Mr Chiam to stay.

“If he really wanted to keep Mr Chiam, he coulld well reject the position of the Secretary-General or object to his expulsion when the CEC moved a motion to do so,” she was quoted as saying in Lianhe Zaobao.

During that critical disciplinary proceedings taken against Mr Chiam, only one out of 13 CEC members objected to Mr Chiam’s expulsion. Another one abstain.

Mr Chiam had been hauled up for disciplinary action by SDP CEC for criticizing Dr Chee Soon Juan’s hungry strike in the media. The latter had done so to protest against his “unfair” sacking from NUS for “misusing” research funds.

Ms Loh revealed that Mr Chiam had threatened to resign from his position as Secretary-General in a fit of anger and was amenable to mediation between the two camps spearheaded by Mr Sin.

As Mr Chiam was heading towards the political oblivion as being sacked from SDP would mean he lose his parliamentary seat as well, Mr Sin founded the Singapore People’s Party in 1994 which Mr Chiam eventually joined later in the year.

Ms Loh stressed that her decision to be interviewed is not to bad-mouth Dr Chee or to argue with him.

“I am only saying the truth for my husband to let the younger generation to understand Uncle Chiam, I need to step forward to clarify that he did not abandon SDP, when we were forced to leave, we were in so much pain in our hearts,” she said.

Mr Chiam’s acrimonious departure from SDP marked the beginning of its decline. After reaching dazzling heights during the 1991 general election when it won an unprecedented 3 seats, it would go on to lose all its seats in the 1997 election.

Though Dr Chee has perservered against all odds to keep the party together in the face of crippling defamation lawsuits launched against it by PAP leaders, it is unlikely that SDP will regain its former glory again.

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal
alantan27
user-offline.png
Alfrescian

<dl class="userstats"><dt>Join Date</dt><dd>Aug 2008</dd><dt>Posts</dt><dd>323</dd></dl> <fieldset class="repfieldset"> <legend>My Reputation</legend> Points: 54 / Power: 6
reputation_pos.png
</fieldset>

[h=2]
icon1.png
Re: James Gomez join SDP[/h]
he is stupid to join sdp
i advised him many time not to do so