• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

damage at IT show

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
some keling shit are born with more brain cells , thats how they become lawyers and top civil servants but you are a degenerated mutant shit of a smelly keling cheebai. worst of the worst. I'm enjoying this!:p

some Hakka shit are born with more brain cells , thats how they become lawyers and top civil servants but you are a degenerated mutant shit of a smelly Hakka cheebai. worst of the worst. I'm enjoying this!:smile::smile::smile:

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
some Hakka shit are born with more brain cells , thats how they become lawyers and top civil servants but you are a degenerated mutant shit of a smelly Hakka cheebai. worst of the worst. I'm enjoying this!:smile::smile::smile:

copycat no standard ....no fight.... no fight. I will bring this up to all during peak hour. You will gain a lot of worth to your reputation little boy..:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
holy mackerel

P150309_1613.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I picked up a product brochure for Philips, Viewsonic & Samsung & that information isn't included in the specs table

it is always on product brochure.

just that 120 hz is hard to find yet, new technology, maybe in a few months, it will be available.

i am disappointed, i thought singapore computer show is cutting edge technology, but only mainstream.

mainstream is so boring.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went on Saturday and saved myself $498 bucks. I was at the Epicenter booth and told the sales guy (this chow ah beng punk) that I wanted a 16 GB ipod touch. He filled up a card for me and asked me to queue up to pay and get the ipod.

Fucking hell after standing in the stupid queue for 10 minutes, I was still not half way there. I got really angry, why should I be made to queue so long to give them business!? Why don't they have more cashiers (there were only two, as far as I can see: one for ipods and one for other products).

The more I think the more I was pissed and so I walked away from the queue and went to Marina Square to window shop.

That's how I saved $498 dollars on Saturday.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singveld;193681 i am disappointed said:
Every year got 3 major computer shows.
I notice that 1st & last of the computer shows are not as good as the middle show. Maybe its the timing, this IT show is too close to the Las Vegas electronics show where alot of new stuff is shown.

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went on Saturday and saved myself $498 bucks. I was at the Epicenter booth and told the sales guy (this chow ah beng punk) that I wanted a 16 GB ipod touch. He filled up a card for me and asked me to queue up to pay and get the ipod.

Fucking hell after standing in the stupid queue for 10 minutes, I was still not half way there. I got really angry, why should I be made to queue so long to give them business!? Why don't they have more cashiers (there were only two, as far as I can see: one for ipods and one for other products).

The more I think the more I was pissed and so I walked away from the queue and went to Marina Square to window shop.

not to fret but there's always post it show sales and the price is same as the show if not cheaper:biggrin:

in fact i always tot IT show is abt showcasing some new tech or innovation but in here seems like pasar malam:confused: i wonder why??:confused:

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nice one!!
Great saving not worthy of long queues.

This stupid IT show should have more cashiers to make it easy for customer to complete their final purchase.

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
not to fret but there's always post it show sales and the price is same as the show if not cheaper:biggrin:

in fact i always tot IT show is abt showcasing some new tech or innovation but in here seems like pasar malam:confused: i wonder why??:confused:

You are right, each time there's IT show, basically its more like "pasar malam" to clear their old and ex-stock quickly.

The IT show should be named as "IT Pasar Malam Show" instead.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
got a hp cm1312 multi function printer - color laser printer cum scanner cum photocophier cum fax at 809. extra 4 cart of refill 381.

total damage $1190

free gift
1) ntuc vouchers 35 dollars
2)norton anti virus
3) rubbing tits of countless of mei mei
4) rubbing the ass of countless of mei mei
5)stepping on the toes of countless of arrogant fuckers

so what do you use your color laser printer for?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
so what do you use your color laser printer for?

mainly for printing sci journals and certain portions of books which i often used in work. more of a multi function home printer.

delivered to my home today, i am a happy man.

did some maths before getting it actually. did not buy it on impulse. was holding on the money in my pocket and waiting for IT shows for months.

after so many years of bad experience with inkjet, i got enlightened. laserjet although expensive to pay for it in one shot, it was actually worth very much more value in terms of money as compared to those inkjet printer.

inkjet.
1 for black 1 for color.....bloody hell cost me nearly at least 150 to replace both everytimes they run out or dries up. one year at least replace 3 times. and these bloody cheapo inkjet printer is basically BATA. once their lifespan is up, you have to throw. for sure some parts will spoil. it was not build to last.

in 2 years time, your operating cost is already higher than mine (plus the cost of purchasing the unit). whereas i might not have changed a single laser cart for home usage.

page yield for ink cart - about 300 to 400 cost about 150 to 200 dollars (both black and white)
page yield for laser - about 2000 to 2500 (black) cost about 100 to 130
color is about ....1500 to 1300 also cost about 100 to 130

now i have no worries about drying up of inks, nor do i need down to photostating shop to photostat documents. ditch your inkjet and go laser, you will not look back. it really save you lots of money. even a cheapo monochrome laser beats an inkjet anytime.

Last edited:

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
mainly for printing sci journals and certain portions of books which i often used in work. more of a multi function home printer.

inkjet.
1 for black 1 for color.....bloody hell cost me nearly at least 150 to replace both everytimes they run out or dries up. one year at least replace 3 times. and these bloody cheapo inkjet printer is basically BATA. once their lifespan is up, you have to throw. for sure some parts will spoil. it was not build to last.

in 2 years time, your operating cost is already higher than mine (plus the cost of purchasing the unit). whereas i might not have changed a single laser cart for home usage.

page yield for ink cart - about 300 to 400 cost about 150 to 200 dollars (both black and white)
page yield for laser - about 2000 to 2500 (black) cost about 100 to 130
color is about ....1500 to 1300 also cost about 100 to 130

Hi bro, the best value (cost per page) for color printouts are still somewhat similar for inkjets and color lasers. You just have to buy a color inkjet printer that does not have the printhead on the printer itself (but on the catridge). You most likely owned a printer with the printhead on the printer, hence the reason behind your "...lifespan is up, you have to throw..." statement. (That is not entirely true!)

I have an inkjet printer bought in year 2000 which until today is still functioning good with regular use...

I'm not going to name any brands here just in case I'm labeled as a fanboy. But cheap inkjet printers "spoil fast" because the printheads are not on the catridges. I'm guessing you pay around $30+ or under for a single black/color catridge?

As for print quality, current color laser technology is still no match for inkjet color printouts... :smile:

The Monkees

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you were to look around other places and compare the prices,no all are cheaper...except at the show,you can get freebies.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As for print quality, current color laser technology is still no match for inkjet color printouts... :smile:

While it's true that inkjets do a better job printing color, total cost of ownership is cheaper with lasers. Although I bought my laser printer 2 - 3 years ago for under $700, I haven't had to replace any consumables. Even though they included those crippled toner cartridges with less toner in them.

Another advantage that laser provides is that if you need to print postscript, laser is the only option.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro, the best value (cost per page) for color printouts are still somewhat similar for inkjets and color lasers. You just have to buy a color inkjet printer that does not have the printhead on the printer itself (but on the catridge). You most likely owned a printer with the printhead on the printer, hence the reason behind your "...lifespan is up, you have to throw..." statement. (That is not entirely true!)

I have an inkjet printer bought in year 2000 which until today is still functioning good with regular use...

I'm not going to name any brands here just in case I'm labeled as a fanboy. But cheap inkjet printers "spoil fast" because the printheads are not on the catridges. I'm guessing you pay around $30+ or under for a single black/color catridge?

noted bro, thanks.

but honestly once you go laser, you will not look back. its like those who own a mac. but i will keep this tips in mind. i am sure it will comes in handy when friend needs an inkjet

Last edited:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
to all sales person out there, if you going to judge a person by merely on what he dress, you are going to lose tons of sales. and FUCKING SERVE THAT SPECKY RIGHT FOR TREATING ME THIS WAY. I HOPE U GOT ZERO SALES FOR UR FUCK UP ATTITUDE

You sure are lacking in self-esteem. Need to build up your confidence and some manners - may be the way you talk, the way you curl your lips, the words you chose - just put people off. Salespeople rather not earn your money, than to face some insult from unpleasant person who thinks his money is like a bullock cart.