• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[COVID-19 Virus] The Sinkies are fucked Thread.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
1481 cases in total on 7 April, and the first 1,000 cases took 69 days.

142 cases on 8 April and 287 cases on 9 April. 90 cases shy of the 2K mark.

I safely conclude that 69 days and 10 days for the first and second thousand cases respectively.

case 1604 is heart problem not COVID death. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
So wat if its 10k cases? Are all the infected dead?

I think the way this virus fear thing works is like the opposite of buying a Toto ticket.

People buy Toto they become hopeful wah if I win then I shiok.

But kena covid is like oh no will I die?

Both hold low chances of having any impact on your life.

So toto ticket people want. Covid ticket people avoid!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore is shaping up to have a very very long lasting infection curve.

I suspect by May or June, other countries will have shown enough improvement to remove their lockdowns and even re-open their borders if they very garang. Businesses and shops in other countries will certainly re-open by the end of May.

For Singapore I am not so confident. We may well be the one or two remaining countries left where everyone else in the world puts us in isolation because our infections are still skyrocketing in May!

All our efforts in spreading out the curve has resulted in a flatter curve, but a more lasting curve.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Made a couple of trips to observe the situation around the wet markets, wet market portion was segregated from the cooked food sections.

Folks are in line to enter the wet market as the NEA officers keep track of the number of entries and exit with the compound, similar to cars waiting to enter a carpark when it’s full.

A number of coffee stalls are closed, can’t get my fix of Hailum kopi. Noticed a good number of folks using tingkat to pack their food, they too were respecting the social distancing.

Let’s wait and see.

jw5

Loyal
Thanks for the field report! :thumbsup:

Made a couple of trips to observe the situation around the wet markets, wet market portion was segregated from the cooked food sections.

Folks are in line to enter the wet market as the NEA officers keep track of the number of entries and exit with the compound, similar to cars waiting to enter a carpark when it’s full.

A number of coffee stalls are closed, can’t get my fix of Hailum kopi. Noticed a good number of folks using tingkat to pack their food, they too were respecting the social distancing.

Let’s wait and see.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/heal...-back-patting-singapores-coronavirus-response

Singapore, for months hailed at home and overseas as the “gold standard” for responding to the Covid-19 pandemic, on Friday moved to defuse escalating criticism over how it has handled a surge in infections within foreign worker dormitories that activists had earlier flagged as public health risks due to their cramped conditions......................