• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Corrupt Hands Behind NTUC Sale?

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screenshot_2024-07-31-10-40-53-37_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

I am a friend and admirer of Lim Boon Heng, the chairman of NTUC Enterprise. I hope he will not be offended if I say that I am not convinced by his press conference on the reasons why Enterprise is willing to sell a majority stake in INCOME to a German insurance company.

First, I wish to recall that INCOME was established as a cooperative by none other than the legendary Dr Goh Keng Swee. Its mission was to make insurance accessible and affordable to the ordinary people of Singapore. For the past 54 years, it has fulfilled its mission and looked after the insurance needs of 2 million customers.

Second, in 2010, INCOME launched the Family Micro-Insurance and Savings Scheme, a free insurance scheme for low-income families with young children. In 2013, it was the first insurance company to provide insurance coverage for children with autism. I don’t think a foreign insurance company would have launched such products.

Third, INCOME is not a loss making company in need of rescue. In its 54 year history it has always been a profitable company. In view of this fact why does NTUC Enterprise wish to sell INCOME? Is it because it will make a profit of $ 1 billion?

Fourth, as an older Singaporean, I feel sad that for many younger Singaporeans nothing is sacred and everything is for sale. We should remember the warning by our first foreign minister, S Rajaratnam. He warned us not to become a nation of people who know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are there any Sinkies out there who, when deciding to buy insurance, see all the brands out there and insist on buying NTUC Income's insurance because it's govt-linked or 'more reputable' or 'more affordable'? :unsure:

Do such buffoons exist? Are there many of them?

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screenshot_2024-07-31-11-17-29-191_com.facebook.katana-edit.jpg

Follow us on Telegram: https://t.me/theonlinecitizenasia

In a rare public disagreement, Professor Tommy Koh has openly challenged the rationale provided by Mr Lim Boon Heng, chairman of NTUC Enterprise, for selling a majority stake in Income Insurance to German insurer Allianz.

Prof Koh's response, posted on his Facebook page on Wednesday (31 July), raises critical questions about the decision's impact on Income's mission and legacy. He emphasized Income's founding mission to make insurance accessible and affordable to ordinary Singaporeans and questioned if such socially responsible products would continue under Allianz's ownership.

Mr Lim argued that selling the stake would strengthen Income, making it more competitive and able to offer better prices to consumers.

He cited Income’s declining market share in Singapore’s competitive insurance market and highlighted past challenges in raising capital as a cooperative.

Mr Lim explained that the proposed deal with Allianz would enable Income to leverage Allianz’s global expertise and financial strength, thus enhancing its competitiveness and ability to offer better prices and products to consumers.

He emphasized that while the partnership would introduce a new dynamic, the foundational values and mission of Income should continue to be upheld, and trust would need to be earned through future actions.

Read more: gutzyasia.com/PrNL

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why the necessjty to sell state assets? DEFICIT in fhe national reserves?They hide the truth argui g it is state secret.If i am not wrong,Lim Boon Heng the crybaby is the chairman of temasek n minister without portfolio under PMO.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 203330
Follow us on Telegram: https://t.me/theonlinecitizenasia

In a rare public disagreement, Professor Tommy Koh has openly challenged the rationale provided by Mr Lim Boon Heng, chairman of NTUC Enterprise, for selling a majority stake in Income Insurance to German insurer Allianz.

Prof Koh's response, posted on his Facebook page on Wednesday (31 July), raises critical questions about the decision's impact on Income's mission and legacy. He emphasized Income's founding mission to make insurance accessible and affordable to ordinary Singaporeans and questioned if such socially responsible products would continue under Allianz's ownership.

Mr Lim argued that selling the stake would strengthen Income, making it more competitive and able to offer better prices to consumers.

He cited Income’s declining market share in Singapore’s competitive insurance market and highlighted past challenges in raising capital as a cooperative.

Mr Lim explained that the proposed deal with Allianz would enable Income to leverage Allianz’s global expertise and financial strength, thus enhancing its competitiveness and ability to offer better prices and products to consumers.

He emphasized that while the partnership would introduce a new dynamic, the foundational values and mission of Income should continue to be upheld, andillill trust would need to be earned through future actions.

Read more: gutzyasia.com/PrNL
LIM Boon Heng will never debate with Tommy,only with students.555

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The basic truth and reality is : After the sale NTUC Income will become a Foreign Entity (51% Subsidiary) of Alliance (Parent Company).:biggrin:

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Corruption is a dirty word in S'pore. There is nothing wrong in deciding each other's wages in Govt; it is a form of laundering.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
S'poreans have already been sold out by Iswaran and his MIW colleagues to India through CECA. Iswaran showed his true colours, while his ministerial colleagues were simply outclassed at the negotiation table.

KingFook Sr

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP linked .... hmm...
No longer clean like before .... those were the lky days.
Just the threat of prosecution is enough for minister to commit suicide. Honourable.

Nowadays ... so many are dirty and fighting.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
PAP linked .... hmm...
No longer clean like before .... those were the lky days.
Just the threat of prosecution is enough for minister to commit suicide. Honourable.

Nowadays ... so many are dirty and fighting.
Since when were the LKY days clean? They were dirty from day one. Want to porlumpar, also use some brains lah. U heard of Teh Cheang Wan? U ever heard of how Old Fart's law firm pow karleow all the HDB conveyancing contracts? U know how many hundreds of millions $ Lee and Lee earned from that? What about the Nassim Jade scandal? so many other scandals. don't talk cock here and say he is clean.

joemartini

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's your problem when what goes around comes around.
agreed. But I don't have any investment or insurance with NTUC income. I buy investments and insurance with private companies and I fully understand any of them can simply go belly up any time...(AIA/AIG in 2009). Your investment and insurance policies with NTUC income now starting to worry you with this Allianz saga????