• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Concerns of A Young Singaporean

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My brother is 23 yrs old. He is a true blooded Singaporean who loves Singapore. He has completed serving his NSF and is studying overseas.

Recently he shared with me his concerns. They are:

1. SG has openly embraced foreigners and freely gives citizenship to all and sundry. This is unprecedented in any country. But, sadly, what Singapore is attracting are 3rd rate foreigners. The better foreigners are choosing 1st world countries like USA, Australia, etc. Will SG suffer in the future because of present cheap citizenship rules which attract 3rd rate new citizens?

2. Cost of living in SG is high. The govt is importing unskilled and unqualified foreign labour to suppress manpower costs. This caused many singaporeans to work for artificially low pay and also face job insecurity. With HDB flats being artificially priced and with the many hidden taxes imposed by the govt, will the average singaporean have enough money to stop working when he reaches 65 or will he have to resort to clean tables just to eke out a living in his twilight years?

3. The quality of worklife for singaporeans sulks

My brother has the good fortune of choosing to migrate if he wants to. He loves Singapore and would love to come back. But the push factors for him to leave are very compelling. His heart is to come back to Singapore. But his head tells him that to migrate is the logical choice.

Shd he return to Singapore to work or shd he migrate? Any thoughts/advice?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
after so many years, from the old delphi forum til now, you are still babysitting your little brother.

he doesn't have a mind of his own is it?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
his sharing shows the close relationship we enjoy.

migrating is a serious decision and it is indeed wise of him to discuss it and hear other opinions

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe you are rite:smile:

But sometimes it's wise to be pessimistic. Instead of judging me, it wld look better on you if you were to comment on the concerns expressed

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are a typical negative and pessimistic woman; and you have been all this while.

yup.. i remember from the old forum her that brother is those 'sick chicken' and 'chow keng' type in the army. a big sabo king.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no, u r wrong!

he is one who stands up to the SAF unlike so many balll.ss guys here who just swallow whatever is dished out and then go grumble when out of hearing range from their masters.

my brother knows what he wants and works to achieve it

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are back. Its about time you let him decide things for himself. I do recall that during his NS, you had to help him out.

I suppose you are going to post along the usual following lines where the answers will be obvious
- is the PAP fair
- should citizens be treated better than foreigners
- should people be courteous
- should there be more than one party in parliament.
- is it important to consume food.

My brother is 23 yrs old. He is a true blooded Singaporean who loves Singapore. He has completed serving his NSF and is studying overseas.

Recently he shared with me his concerns. They are:

1. SG has openly embraced foreigners and freely gives citizenship to all and sundry. This is unprecedented in any country. But, sadly, what Singapore is attracting are 3rd rate foreigners. The better foreigners are choosing 1st world countries like USA, Australia, etc. Will SG suffer in the future because of present cheap citizenship rules which attract 3rd rate new citizens?

2. Cost of living in SG is high. The govt is importing unskilled and unqualified foreign labour to suppress manpower costs. This caused many singaporeans to work for artificially low pay and also face job insecurity. With HDB flats being artificially priced and with the many hidden taxes imposed by the govt, will the average singaporean have enough money to stop working when he reaches 65 or will he have to resort to clean tables just to eke out a living in his twilight years?

3. The quality of worklife for singaporeans sulks

My brother has the good fortune of choosing to migrate if he wants to. He loves Singapore and would love to come back. But the push factors for him to leave are very compelling. His heart is to come back to Singapore. But his head tells him that to migrate is the logical choice.

Shd he return to Singapore to work or shd he migrate? Any thoughts/advice?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes...no time to come in and waste time. I have been busy tackling important life issues unlike you who have nothing better to do but wasting precious life away

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he is torn between new country and family, bring the family to the new country then.

If he is trying to escape some "bothersome" things in Sg, he will find other "bothersome" things there.

What does he look forward to? He has to ask himself that over a period of time. And determine how he feels. Single now, family life some years down the road, things change.

23 years, lots of things to do still. Don't have to make that decision right away right?

You, still at the east coast?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
no, u r wrong!

he is one who stands up to the SAF unlike so many balll.ss guys here who just swallow whatever is dished out and then go grumble when out of hearing range from their masters.

my brother knows what he wants and works to achieve it

dun talk cock lah..

i know he keng attend C and hospitalisation leave all the way til ORD..

stand up against SAF my foot:biggrin::oIo::oIo:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are back. Its about time you let him decide things for himself. I do recall that during his NS, you had to help him out.

QUOTE]

TS will even need to hold his little bro's cock n insert into his wife on the night they consummate their marriage.:biggrin:

that is how useless that little bro is.:biggrin: without TS, he is lost.:biggrin:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks.

Good questions. I cant answer for him totally. all i know is that he loves SG but sees limited opportunity for him as a singaporean in SG

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is going the way of embracing low wages where people who makes policies get to set the rules and manipulate low wages to suppress the oppressed !

That's what makes Singapore attractive to foreign investers because the leaders dare to suppress wages here not because we are a model country !