• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best curry mee is back at Hong Lim Hawker Centre

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
77FF4DEA-7415-4199-992B-4ABE4CD7B6A5-9714-00000943C6101421.jpg

E299665A-3142-4801-8DDB-C743CB5F70A1-9714-00000943CD6007B7.jpg

Hong Lim hawker centre finally finished renovation and Ah Heng Curry Mee is back on the 2nd floor. I still prefer Ah Heng compared to the 1st floor Heng Kee Curry mee, Ah Heng's version is much lighter but with better taste, Heng Kee's a bit sweet for me. Bad points at Ah Heng is that their chicken meat portion is pathetic, $3 bowl only 3 pcs of chicken breast meat... :(. But Still, the best curry mee I had in SG, lol

Ah Heng Curry Chicken Behoon Mee
531A Upper Cross Street
#02-58 Hong Lim Food Centre
Rating: 3.8/5

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. ak, on the same note.
2. which of hokkien prawn noodles you prefer?
3. there are two stalls operating there for more than 30 years hoh!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i love both stalls. the one at the ground and the one above. i personally prefer the ah heng on the second floor. it looks more inviting. the heng kee at the ground level is always very crowded. i don't know why. long queue...but the curry is thicker and perhaps a bit sweeter. the chicken is very tender and nice. to me, the lady is pretty unhygienic. those with weak stomach will run to lausai after eating...i did once!!

but somehow, i prefer the ah heng's curry despite his small chicken pieces. it looks cleaner!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Have you tried the crayfish hor fun?

good for money. very nice and very generous. i usually take a mixture of crayfish and prawns.

the down side is the disposable plate and spoon....eating with these disposable spoil the fun and goodness. imho.

HellBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also like the 2nd floor store more then the first.
There is another store selling curry mee on 2dn floor, somewhere "middle inside" also not bad.
Do you like the dumpling there? i think it's the best, long q during saturday.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi there

1. ak, on the same note.
2. which of hokkien prawn noodles you prefer?
3. there are two stalls operating there for more than 30 years hoh!
Bingo brother one is Ah Hui confirm....the other is old stall?

Hong lim got another 2 curry noodles hainan style now relocated to bedok interchange HC....

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bingo brother one is Ah Hui confirm....the other is old stall?

Hong lim got another 2 curry noodles hainan style now relocated to bedok interchange HC....
There are a lot of spinoffs, like the one at Maxwell market and last time at Marina Square foodcourt, all cannot make it ahh...

jw5

Loyal
This hawker centre also has a good bak chor mee stall.
And also a good char kway teow stall and a good wanton mee stall.
Overall a nice place for foodies to visit. :p

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are a lot of spinoffs, like the one at Maxwell market and last time at Marina Square foodcourt, all cannot make it ahh...

But all flying the hong lim flag....for me they are above average....
I like the side items like potatoes, chicken feet, pig skin etc more than the actual curry mee!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is another stall located at a kpt near the Kuan Im temple off Middle Rd which is not too bad. Queen St if I am right. Carpark in front of 2 kpts.

Alfrescian
Loyal
lor mee....try the tiong bahru market.

Bro, i've been eating tiong Bahru lor mee almost once every sunday when my wifey went there for her weekly marketing but i don't find it very good. tks for your suggestion anyway :smile:

Last edited: