• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Banks should phase out updating of passbooks at ATMs

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some old farts are damn loaded. Once I saw a receipt sticking out of the ATM after one old fart had withdrawn some cash. The balance amount in the receipt states $622,000.00+!!! And he looks like a typical HDB Heartland ah pek in Montagut polo t-shirt and shorts and slippers.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Some old farts are damn loaded. Once I saw a receipt sticking out of the ATM after one old fart had withdrawn some cash. The balance amount in the receipt states $622,000.00+!!! And he looks like a typical HDB Heartland ah pek in Montagut polo t-shirt and shorts and slippers.

That's a very small amount in this day and age. Just a couple of peanuts.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
That might have been me, I wear Montagut polo shirts all the time. FYI sometimes I take the receipt but forget the cash. My memory is fading.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just now, one fucking old cunt was hogging the ATM trying to update 7 bank books! WTF! I went up to her and told her to be more considerate as there were 5 persons waiting behind her. She buay song and walked off after updating 3 books.

jw5

Loyal
Just now, one fucking old cunt was hogging the ATM trying to update 7 bank books! WTF! I went up to her and told her to be more considerate as there were 5 persons waiting behind her. She buay song and walked off after updating 3 books.

Very inconsiderate, probably updating for her 3 generation family. :rolleyes:

However, I also have bank book. :biggrin:

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should do it after midnight when there is no queue

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
The situation has worsen during this festive season. More old farts are hogging the ATMs to update their passbooks. And many are updating more than one frigging book. I just witnessed a heated quarrel between one old fart with a walking frame and an old cunt. Old cunt was updating a few passbooks and flipping the pages to check. Old bloke lost his patience and told her off. Old cunt shouted back at him and all hell broke loose. The AETOS security chap had to intervene to stop the commotion. Damn sia suay!

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe these old farts just wanna ensure that they received the government assurance package payouts?

But i agree that printing transactions on bank books is an afterthought cos whatever transactions made by the customer is done in real time. Not as if these old farts are hopefully expecting an extra 0 at the end of their last known balance. Lol.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here's a better idea: a microchip implant for everyone, it is used for bank transactions, payment transactions, real-time health monitoring and GPS tracking, a repository for you health/vax record, criminal record, work and study history. Oh, and not forgetting real-time carbon emission tracking.

And you cannot buy or sell without it. :sneaky:

Hope you daft Sinkies realize that getting rid of bank books leads to getting rid of physical cash, which then leads to the inevitable. :cool:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they don’t allow old people to waste time to do stupid things, how are they going to enjoy their retirement?

It’s the same as queuing for Toto / 4D la. Takes me 10 secs to place a Toto system 7 bet for this week and next week. On the other hand , it takes 30 mins for the average chum to travel to and fro, queue, write the stupid slip and buy.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh...dun remind me of the hardcopies of CDC vouchers used by boomers at supermarkets that hog up queues...

Whenever a person can't keep up with the pace of life and its changes, it's time to leave. Otherwise, he/she will just become another jiakliaobee and a burden to society.