• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Australia really so good?

orbin

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Australian friend told me medical is free as long as you are an Australian and has a medicare card which everyone has. Yes one don't pay a single cent. Also every 2 or 3 years entitled to make a pare of glasses. Dental care will soon join medicare also making it free. Of course government takes away 1.5% from salary for this purpose. You don't see this country bankrupt.

stoker

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what's the issue in Australia that PAP and their corruption pales in comparison to? And do you mean backward in terms of the physical infrastructure? What's wrong with that? Brain dead simpletons? I would say you're going to encounter soulless zombies that are worse.

orbin

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am born in oz to a singaporean father. I have lived in oz my entire life but have spent significant time in Asia and the uk. . . . . . Gimme sinkie any day

But they do have a good social welfare system don't they. At least Australians live with dignity till they die. In Singapore Singaporeans have to leave the country to die.

mulvi74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both systems have their faults. Aussies complain welfare is too say to get and is abused and want it cunt. Sing say is not enough. Medical is ok here but you pay private insurance and need an MRI, physio etc and not covered so you pay out of own pocket despite paying Medicare levy and private insurance. Fuck them anyway lucky I earn so little taxable income I give this chebye country fuck all in tax. Shithole

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both systems have their faults. Aussies complain welfare is too say to get and is abused and want it cunt. Sing say is not enough. Medical is ok here but you pay private insurance and need an MRI, physio etc and not covered so you pay out of own pocket despite paying Medicare levy and private insurance. Fuck them anyway lucky I earn so little taxable income I give this chebye country fuck all in tax. Shithole

you pay for mri and physio bro??? dint paid anything for mine... all you need is a referral from the hospital and everything is free...

jazzger

Alfrescian
Loyal
well i think it is quite subjective, should say if you have good lobangs or strings, anywhere any countries you will live well, but if you just go to another country to do middle level jobs, then i think might as well you stay in your homeland.... anyway it is up to you comfort zone ....... it is how far you wanna go or aim! imho

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sharp drop in Singaporeans becoming Aussie PRs
Better opportunities in S'pore, rising Aussie dollar among reasons cited

Of the 192 "high-value occupations" publicised by the Australian immigration department, Mr Jake Teo, 25, would have easily qualified for as many as five.

The Singaporean holds a degree in electrical and aerospace engineering, and would have been a shoo-in under a permanent residence regime favouring those with special skills.

But he chose to return to Singapore after graduating from the University of Queensland, in Brisbane, last year.

"In my youth, I want to 'piah' and challenge myself," he said, using the Hokkien word that means to strive. "And the Singapore economy looks much more promising than Australia's."

ST_20121027_P1BLURBS27_3360650e.jpg

Mr Jake Teo (sitting in front of the nose of an Airbus A320 plane) chose to return to Singapore after graduating from the University of Queensland last year. He got a job as a workshops executive with SIA Engineering shortly after. He says the promising Singapore economy was among the factors that prompted his return

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sharp drop in Singaporeans becoming Aussie PRs
Better opportunities in S'pore, rising Aussie dollar among reasons cited

Of the 192 "high-value occupations" publicised by the Australian immigration department, Mr Jake Teo, 25, would have easily qualified for as many as five.

The Singaporean holds a degree in electrical and aerospace engineering, and would have been a shoo-in under a permanent residence regime favouring those with special skills.

But he chose to return to Singapore after graduating from the University of Queensland, in Brisbane, last year.

"In my youth, I want to 'piah' and challenge myself," he said, using the Hokkien word that means to strive. "And the Singapore economy looks much more promising than Australia's."

ST_20121027_P1BLURBS27_3360650e.jpg

Mr Jake Teo (sitting in front of the nose of an Airbus A320 plane) chose to return to Singapore after graduating from the University of Queensland last year. He got a job as a workshops executive with SIA Engineering shortly after. He says the promising Singapore economy was among the factors that prompted his return

if you are an engineer, doctor , nurse or any in demand jobs...

you dont have to worry you can return to SG and work and apply PR and migrate later.....got a friend who does that...return to sg apply offshore PR ( takes about 2-3 years pending)....work for 4 years in sg and head back to Aus.......

Last edited:

orbin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank you for your clarification its always good to hear from two sides.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can bulk-billed MRI and get public hospital for physio. So, no out of pocket expenses.

The govt never deny that the younger folks are subsidizing the elderly sick.

If you know any chronic sick or elderly, you will know where most of the medical entitlements went to.

The Patient Transport ambulance will even send the hospital discharged patient home for free. In Singapore, I still remembered how my late grandpa had to take a taxi home, the driver drove like a madman and he threw up and was cursed by the driver. He died a month later. (not related to the incident) It is about First World human dignity.

Last edited:

bertaka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medical is ok here but you pay private insurance and need an MRI, physio etc and not covered so you pay out of own pocket despite paying Medicare levy and private insurance. Fuck them anyway lucky I earn so little taxable income I give this chebye country fuck all in tax. Shithole

you pay for mri and physio bro??? dint paid anything for mine... all you need is a referral from the hospital and everything is free...

You can bulk-billed MRI and get public hospital for physio. So, no out of pocket expenses.

The govt never deny that the younger folks are subsidizing the elderly sick.

If you know any chronic sick or elderly, you will know where most of the medical entitlements went to.

The Patient Transport ambulance will even send the hospital discharged patient home for free. In Singapore, I still remembered how my late grandpa had to take a taxi home, the driver drove like a madman and he threw up and was cursed by the driver. He died a month later. (not related to the incident) It is about First World human dignity.

From the above, the conclusion I draw is that mulvi74 is stirring shit from his Shithole.

MRI is free if prescribed by a GP.

Physio is payable within limits if appropriate private medical insurance cover is purchased.

What is there to complain if he choose not to be covered and he choose to pay out of his pocket. Silly isn't it.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am born in oz to a singaporean father. I have lived in oz my entire life but have spent significant time in Asia and the uk. Make no mistake Australia is a backwards shit tip and I will be out of here within a year. It is expensive, backward, the PAP and their corruption is kindergarten stuff compared to the stuff that goes on down here. Third world infrastructure and full of brain dead simpletons. I cannot wait to leave the joint and wipe my pantat with the passport of this absolute cunthole of a nation. My wife is in the same boat. Gimme sinkie any day

Hello,
an Australian born, native speaker of English,
but may not write good English,
such as "I am born in oz to a singaporean father ... "

I believe it should be [ I was born in Australia, and my father is a former Singaporean .... ]

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe it should be [ I was born in Australia, and my father is a former Singaporean .... ]

it should be "i am born in...." as he is still alive, unless of course he's posting from his grave. if he's born many times over, such as "born again" religious nuts, he can claim "he was born a sinner and now born (again) a winner." but if you're still alive and born only once, it's "i am bond." :p

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Birth is an act. It normally completed within minutes. The act is then completed. "I am born" is wrong. I was born in May, I was born with a condition. I was born to Irish parents. It is always used in passive form.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it should be "i am born in...." as he is still alive, unless of course he's posting from his grave. if he's born many times over, such as "born again" religious nuts, he can claim "he was born a sinner and now born (again) a winner." but if you're still alive and born only once, it's "i am bond." :p

Bro eatshitndie,

I have the same problem as you. My problem begins with the fact that it is a factual statement. :o :(

http://thestar.com.my/english/story.asp?file=/2008/6/12/lifefocus/21268574&sec=lifefocus

‘I am born ...’ is wrong
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED By FADZILAH AMIN

I WAS born with a weak heart.’’, ‘‘I was born to German parents.”

‘‘I am born with a weak heart.’’, ‘‘I am born to German parents.’’

What are the differences in the above sentences?
– Ahmad Nafis

The first two sentences are correct. “Born” is the past participle of the verb “to bear”, one of whose meanings is “to give birth to”.

“I was born” is a simple past passive form, and indeed, “born” is only used in the passive form. It means “came into existence when your mother gave birth to you.”

Before we can talk of our birth, however, the birth must have taken place some years past, because it takes us a few years to learn to talk. That is why we say “I was born” and not “I am born”.

“I was born with a weak heart.” means I have had a weak heart since birth, or since my mother gave birth to me.

“I was born to German parents.” means that my mother who gave birth to me was German and my father was also German.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is nothing wrong with saying "I was born in....." as the act of birth took place in the past. It is not an ongoing event.

i can't say for everyone, but for me, i'm still in the process of being born.... as in going thru' a joytube, albeit not my mom's. :eek: