• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Australia really so good?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it should be "i am born in...." as he is still alive, unless of course he's posting from his grave. if he's born many times over, such as "born again" religious nuts, he can claim "he was born a sinner and now born (again) a winner." but if you're still alive and born only once, it's "i am bond." :p

Although I am not a native speaker of English, it should be [ I was born ... ], because he was born in whatever year, not today, not present.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Birth is an act. It normally completed within minutes. The act is then completed. "I am born" is wrong. I was born in May, I was born with a condition. I was born to Irish parents. It is always used in passive form.

School kids should be encouraged to contribute to sbf, especially JC students. They will get grammar lessons plus invaluable discussions about current affairs. Sure to help GP.