• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are you obliged to clear your table if you eat Zhi-Char at kopitiams ?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You paid premium over other food there so why must you clear them yourself ?
See whether got service charge on the bill? If have, ask for refund if you clear the tray yourself. Go to court, you sure win. On the other hand, if no service charge, then look for proactiveness of the staff, if they don't clear or ask you to clear, stop patronising them again, unless you are PAP supporters who die die love to be screwed.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Respect! I wash my fingers only and also wipe my mouth.
unfortunately they don't allow me to wash dishes as i'm not allowed to go into kitchen area. otherwise i can spy on how they prepare food in the most horrendous and unhygienic way.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN

Tray return will be compulsory from Saturday at foodcourts and coffee shops, following a two-month advisory period. ... Safe distancing ambassadors and the SFA's enforcement officers will also be deployed at foodcourts and coffee shops to advise diners to clear their trays, crockery and litter from tables.

Updated : 30 Dec 2021
knn...

I've always gotten quite peeved at people leaving their trays and post meal mess at hawker centres. But for some reason, my mind can't wrap itself around kopitiams. :confused: There's something of a private/public divide there.

ooops! (did i just mention @pvtpublic? :geek:)

A kopitiam is to me a privately owned more service oriented establishment with higher prices. More atas if you will. Whereas a hawker centre is a civic convenience. No frills, no services. ownself serve, eat and f.o.

A foodcourt is a bit of a grey area...

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought most kopitiam tenants will pool money together or subscribe for a centralized cleaning service? Coffeeshops are smaller in size and generally it's easier to manage the clearing of plates and trays. Some coffeeshops I go to, the bangla cleaners are very efficient as they clear my plates before I leave the table.

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
knn...

I've always gotten quite peeved at people leaving their trays and post meal mess at hawker centres. But for some reason, my mind can't wrap itself around kopitiams. :confused: There's something of a private/public divide there.

A kopitiam is to me a privately owned more service oriented establishment with higher prices. More atas if you will. Whereas a hawker centre is a civic convenience. No frills, no services. ownself serve, eat and f.o.

good la, need to mind control the people more and tell them what to do.

utopia is built on the ashes of dystopia. a recent epiphany.

at kopitiams we expect a bit more service from the cleaner/kopi kia. that's why kopi costs a couple of cents more compared to hawker centers. same for food court. in the past, there was an implicit understanding that we were paying more for Aircon and table cleaning service.

bonds

Alfrescian
Loyal
knn...

KNN

JamesPond eat at 6.9-star Lestaurant.
No need clear trays.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo u clowns gather together and discuss so much. Better hear it from NEA themselves la.

https://www.nea.gov.sg/media/news/n...ing-at-hawker-centres-starts-1-september-2021

12. Will NEA take enforcement action against diners at Zi Char/ Steamboat eating places within hawker centres/ coffeeshops?
The littering law applies to all diners in public dining places. NEA will take a pragmatic approach in situations where the stall has dedicated service staff to serve food to the table and to clear the crockery and utensils during and after the meal. Where it is unclear if the tables are served by dedicated staff, diners will be reminded to clear their dirty crockery and litter after their meals.