• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

An Unreasonable Ah Neh Passenger

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bad service: Cabby driver off with her bag

From reader Chitra Kumar

I HIRED a Trans-Cab taxi on 28 Feb in the evening from McNair Road, near Balestier, to Far East Plaza.

Upon arriving at my destination, I realised I had only $8 with me and the fare was about $9.55. I asked the cab driver to wait at the side so that I could go to the nearest DBS ATM at Far East Plaza on Level 1.

He then raised his voice at me saying how I should have told him earlier and not upon reaching the destination as he cannot wait at the zigzag line.

I told him to either accept the $8 or wait for a moment while I withdrew the money. I kept my shopping bag, as an object of trust, in the cab.

He yelled at me again: 'Of course, money lah, I want money.'

Unfortunately, there was a long queue at the ATM, and I had no choice but to join the queue.

However, in the rush I forgot to note down his licence plate number.

I know it's illegal to stop at the zigzag line, but the driver could have exited Far East Plaza and come back seeking the full fare, as I was prepared to pay whatever the fare was. I even told him to keep the meter running.

When I returned about 30 minutes later, the cab was gone. I then called Trans-Cab informing it about the incident and asked for a message to be broadcast for the errant cabby to return my shopping bag.

I also requested the customer service staff to inform me on updates, but none called. I had to call three times and was told each time that there wasn't any response, and that it could have easier if I had noted the licence number plate.

Finally, I received a call from Trans-Cab at about 10.40pm the same day informing me that the driver had left my shopping bag at the Neighbourhood Police Centre at Tampines Ave 4. I was told to pick up my belongings on my own.

While I demanded that my shopping bag be sent to me because I was not in the wrong, I understand that only the rightful owner can pick up the belongings from the police station.

The cabby's behaviour was totally unjustified.

I was also disappointed with the attitude of the customer service staff at Trans-Cab.

This is the third time that I am experiencing such behaviour by Trans-Cab cabbies.

I e-mailed the cab company twice, but have yet to receive a response.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If don't have enough money, then don't take a cab. Simple as that! This Kumar think that the world must revolve around her? Expect others to waste their time for her to withdraw her money? She should prepare enough cash before hand so as to not inconvenience others.

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I empathize with the cabby in this case.

Left only $8 still want to take taxi. WTF?

Parking at zigzag line is fine + demerit points.

He probably taught the ah neh was trying to stiff him and after 30 mins felt justified to leave.

The part about leaving her shopping bag in the taxi and allowing the cab to drive on and come back round are probably afterthoughts when writing her letter.

Knowing these people, she would have wrote a different type of complaint letter had the cabby actually drove round.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The moral of the staory is...all cab driver will tell you, and swear over a couple of tigers...AVOID AH NEH PASSENGERS AT ALL COSTS..THEY ARE MOSTLY A P.I.A.,,,"""

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bad service: Cabby driver off with her bag

From reader Chitra Kumar

While I demanded that my shopping bag be sent to me because I was not in the wrong,..

This kind of mentality, she was WRONG for not having enough money to take the cab in the first place!

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
The part about leaving her shopping bag in the taxi and allowing the cab to drive on and come back round are probably afterthoughts when writing her letter.

Bro, after driving round and round and the passenger doesn't appear how? It is totally unreasonable to expect the driver to drive round and round.

Besides, who knows what's in the bag? It could be stolen stuff.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the cabbie was too kind to drop off her curry powder at a neighbourhood police post

Ask any cab driver ... they'll tell you ah neh FT passengers are the worst. Cheapskate, arrogant and demanding.

brandon66

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS, where was the letter posted please? I checked and is not in ST forum. I want to go and leave some 'constructive feedback' to the idiot :biggrin:

radon39

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cabbie also good....haha..leave the bag at Tenpenis....orbi good...teach this idiot a lesson...hahahah

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I pity the driver really, he is in a losing end no matter what he does.
Just because the non-paying "passenger" is not responsible enough to bring enough money(rupees anyone?), wants him to either wait and lose time and money waiting or do an illegal stop.

Both which places him into bad positions to be in. At least he is decent enough to put it at a neighbourhood police post.

Most will just bin it as a lot of these type of people like to put bags of rubbish and just asks the uncle to wait. 30 minutes later, still never show up so most will check and find newspapers or other rubbish inside.

I sincerely hope the taxi driver commend him on his honesty and patience rather than take the easy way out and throw it away.

If anyone could find his license plate number, please PM me, i will write a letter to commend him. :biggrin:

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
what da fool
no money still dare take taxi.
no money still dare to complain
no money still dare to cow peh cow bu :oIo:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
that CB ah neh should have withdraw $$ 1st before taking cab..:oIo:

KNN still got the cheek to complain.. bloody thick-skin..

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Ah Neh FT too much leh....... given Sg scholarship to study in NTU....... given PR and her current job at singkies expense...... still wanna complain against singkees :(

She should be kicked back to Ahpunehland immediately !!!

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
The moral of the staory is...all cab driver will tell you, and swear over a couple of tigers...AVOID AH NEH PASSENGERS AT ALL COSTS..THEY ARE MOSTLY A P.I.A.,,,"""

Exactly, everynite at Mustaffa where Indians contribute a long queue of Indians passengers, they are even shunned/avoided by their own Indian illegal
PA plate minibuses, let alone all taxi drivers.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fcuking Ahpunehneh!!! Fcuk back to Neh neh land if you not happy!

:oIo: :oIo: :oIo:

knn, she is a Fthrash? CHOW JIBY doing such a wrongful act still dare to write in complain. but cannot blame her la, the fucking knn pap given green light for the Fthrash to screw peasants, those chow ahneh Fthrash think that they are invited here so must kow tou to them,...:rolleyes:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the incident, the fault clearly lies with the Ah Neh. I would have been angry too if I was the taxi driver.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knn... the more I read this letter the more I buay tahan this ah neh FT bitch..

While I demanded that my shopping bag be sent to me because I was not in the wrong,....

Not in the wrong? Demand?

This is not India where you can treat cabbies like shit ok?

This is the third time that I am experiencing such behaviour by Trans-Cab cabbies.

So it's the 3rd time you got fucked by cabbies?

Obviously something wrong with you right?

Why don't you go back to India and take your "auto"?

MOTHERCHOOT! :oIo: