• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

An eye witness view of Aware EGM..some shocking details

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunday, 3 May 2009
Sectarian Christians replaced by Sectarian Gays - So what's the difference?

at 8:12:00 AM
Can't help feeling that the original, old Aware's agenda is centred on gay and lesbian issues. About every other speaker from the old guards' supporters talked about homosexuality and sexual orientation. As if there isn't any other female minorities.

Here are some facts that happened at the EGM:

1. The Old Guard did not deny that the trainer's manual that was put up online, which teaches young girls that homo sex is natural, is authentic. This is notwithstanding the fact that MOE finds that it warrants an investigation.

2. The Old Guard said that the topic of mentioning homo sex in schools is natural, is only about a minute or so.

3. About more than 50% of the speakers supporting the Old Guard spoke about homosexuality.

4. 45% of the speakers supporting the Old Guard spoke against Josie and gang, be it their management style or takeover style.

5. Less than 5% of the speakers spoke about what the Old Guard did for AWARE and women in Singapore.

As a parent and member of the public, I see that the above shows that the Old Guard is adamant, unrepentant and unmoved by the fact that they have breached parents' trust, when they covertly sneaked in pro-homo topics in the CSE in schools.

Luckily for parents, MOE is now investigating the case.

Items 1 and 2 show that there exists a planned, methodical system to indoctrinate young girls as young as 12 in schools that homo is a natural practice - and they still intend to carry that plan out - notwithstanding the fact that MOE is now investigating Aware's CSE programme.
Items 3 shows that AWARE is now under the control of gays and lesbians.

Item 4 - no comment. That is in order for an EGM.

Item 5 shows that women in Singapore is currently last on the current AWARE's (ie Dana's group now) agenda.

A Christian interest is replaced with gay interest. So what is the difference?

From my wife's perspective.

My wife joined AWARE only just before the EGM. She is not affiliated to either side. When she arrived, she found a long queue. Seeing some white shirts, she initially thought they were ushers for AWARE. It later turned out that they were supporters of the old guard. She was led by a team of white shirts to nowhere round a wild goose chase. After about 20 to 30 minutes later, she was finally directed by genuine ushers back into the very queue she was led away from by the white shirts.

On hindsight, she felt that the old guards' group deliberately pretended to be officials of AWARE to confuse members of the public. At one stage she was evenly brazenly asked who was she supporting - the old or the new.

My wife spoke to some other members of the public, who like her were non-partisan, and found that they too felt they had been "mishandled" by the group of white shirts.

My wife also observed that supporters of the old group hogged the microphone. Speakers who did not support the old guard were booed and jeered. They numbered less than five, because dozens of Old guard supporters hogged the microphone. Supporters of the old guard on the other hand were cheered to the point that the chairperson could not reply to what was said by people from the floor.

Overall scenario was the crowd was boorish, boisterous and gangster-like.

The mass media also appears to favour the old guard. Channelnews Asia reported that speakers from all walks of life spoke for pluralism. Not quite true. About more than 50% spoke about gay and lesbians and less than 5% spoke about women in general. The rest attacked Josie and gang.

My wife was stunned and shocked that some reporters of the media even cheered when supporters of the old guard made points about gays/lesbians and/or attacks on Josie and gang.

But the one that takes the cake was the reporter who yelled and jumped with joy when an announcement was made that the motion of no confidence against the EXCO was carried out.

Aren't reporters supposed to impartial? Isn't it like the referee celebrating a goal when one side scores?

That about explains why the MSM seems to crucify Josie and gang, while making Old Guard look they are for secularism and pluralism, when it was obvious to members of the public who were at the EGM, the issue closest to the hearts of the supporters of Old Guard, was about gay rights.

That is my say from a member of the public, a parent, who does not have any affiliation with Christian groups, gay groups, old guard or new guard.

Thought I need to let readers of this blog know that what you hear and see from the media and pro-gay blogs has been grossly misrepresented.

Today, I don't believe that the AWARE is for pluralism. It is still as sectarian as Josie's group. Only difference is that Josie's group is filled with pro-Christians, while Dana's group is filled with pro-gays and lesbians. Also, at least Josie's group was civil.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear All

Firstly as a christian I would add that certain comments here do have a valid point. I was there and yes they were noisy, raccous, jeering booing etc etc all in all definitely louder, more vocal , more angry or passionate than supporters of Josie and her gang. Secondly the christian moral majority who were there yes all 761 of them were silent dignified and nor as loud and thus their voices were completely drowned, they came they voted, they saw the behaviour of the other camp, were disgusted and left.

I heard their comments as they left, heard their comment silently as I stood in the taxi queue behind them. perhaps some of them were here , perhaps not but the refrain stretches from the TOC to other more xtian friendly sites like Xtian Post.

1. It was not the lesbian women who were angry, it was ALL WOMEN from all walks of life. I believe some introspection is necessary and you have to ask whether these people had a right to be angry.

2. Angry at the comments from Darth Thio, Angry at Josie's evasiveness till it was way to late, Angry at the bullying from the Pulpit of COOS as admitted to by Pastor Derek. Angry at the denials , then angry at the clarifications over the denials, a classic.............it was not a coup but networking......insulting the intelligence of most women and all christians alike.

3. For those xtians who opposed you strongly, we did so not because we did not agree with your position with your views on homosexuality and sex, but as Dr Gwee put it the manner of your doing and what we saw as the need to protect a secular organization and a secular society.

4. So what gives ? Firstly Pro Family views have a place in any society, Lets put paid to the rubbishy notion that Pro Family views are being persecuted as dear Derek Hong stated in his sermon using an example from the US. Because last I heard COOS was COOS Queentown SG not Queenstown USA.

5. Next grow a brain nearly half of the US goes to church. The numbers in SG are a lot lot less, so however passionate committed you are.......there are secular limits to what you can do without destroying society as whole.

6. How does one go about promoting one's pro family values. Transparency for one, if you are inspired by faith then create a faith based organization , by the deeds that you do using the vehicle of a faith based organization seek the transformation that you want instead of using stealth and lies.

7. Finally stop seeking political positions of influence no matter how alluring to advance your cause or to shove ur views down the throats pf secular society by stealth. Instead seek to influence those in position through deeds and through your own acts. Remember that Jesus was offered dominion over the devil by man and he refused, remember that he rendered to Ceaser what was Ceaser's when the Romans were for orgies, hetrosexuality, homosexuality, competing faiths etc etc, remember all of that and then perhaps one will feel less indignant and self righteous when the homosexuality issue crops up again and some pastor takes it on himself to decide that the " Nation has crossed the line. "

Lockeliberal

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Locke, I must hand it to Josie though, from all accounts she remained unfazed and cool...both her and aunty in law appear to be so self righteous and self deluded living in their own reality and are still so sure that what they have done is right...both trying to play the bemused victim matyr...read Sumiko's interview with Josie which was done before the vote...absolutely amazing...made me think of the Stepford wives:rolleyes::biggrin:
Dear All

Firstly as a christian I would add that certain comments here do have a valid point. I was there and yes they were noisy, raccous, jeering booing etc etc all in all definitely louder, more vocal , more angry or passionate than supporters of Josie and her gang. Secondly the christian moral majority who were there yes all 761 of them were silent dignified and nor as loud and thus their voices were completely drowned, they came they voted, they saw the behaviour of the other camp, were disgusted and left.

I heard their comments as they left, heard their comment silently as I stood in the taxi queue behind them. perhaps some of them were here , perhaps not but the refrain stretches from the TOC to other more xtian friendly sites like Xtian Post.

1. It was not the lesbian women who were angry, it was ALL WOMEN from all walks of life. I believe some introspection is necessary and you have to ask whether these people had a right to be angry.

2. Angry at the comments from Darth Thio, Angry at Josie's evasiveness till it was way to late, Angry at the bullying from the Pulpit of COOS as admitted to by Pastor Derek. Angry at the denials , then angry at the clarifications over the denials, a classic.............it was not a coup but networking......insulting the intelligence of most women and all christians alike.

3. For those xtians who opposed you strongly, we did so not because we did not agree with your position with your views on homosexuality and sex, but as Dr Gwee put it the manner of your doing and what we saw as the need to protect a secular organization and a secular society.

4. So what gives ? Firstly Pro Family views have a place in any society, Lets put paid to the rubbishy notion that Pro Family views are being persecuted as dear Derek Hong stated in his sermon using an example from the US. Because last I heard COOS was COOS Queentown SG not Queenstown USA.

5. Next grow a brain nearly half of the US goes to church. The numbers in SG are a lot lot less, so however passionate committed you are.......there are secular limits to what you can do without destroying society as whole.

6. How does one go about promoting one's pro family values. Transparency for one, if you are inspired by faith then create a faith based organization , by the deeds that you do using the vehicle of a faith based organization seek the transformation that you want instead of using stealth and lies.

7. Finally stop seeking political positions of influence no matter how alluring to advance your cause or to shove ur views down the throats pf secular society by stealth. Instead seek to influence those in position through deeds and through your own acts. Remember that Jesus was offered dominion over the devil by man and he refused, remember that he rendered to Ceaser what was Ceaser's when the Romans were for orgies, hetrosexuality, homosexuality, competing faiths etc etc, remember all of that and then perhaps one will feel less indignant and self righteous when the homosexuality issue crops up again and some pastor takes it on himself to decide that the " Nation has crossed the line. "

Lockeliberal

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
as expected, the posting about how badly behaved supporters of the old guards, especially from "concerned parents" & husbands of "neutral" AWARE members,are surfacing on internet forums...

The RealTuaKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Locke, I must hand it to Josie though, from all accounts she remained unfazed and cool...both her and aunty in law appear to be so self righteous and self deluded living in their own reality and are still so sure that what they have done is right...both trying to play the bemused victim matyr...read Sumiko's interview with Josie which was done before the vote...absolutely amazing...made me think of the Stepford wives:rolleyes::biggrin:

Yes I totally agree with u. Darth Thio acts n behaves as though she was the aggrieved one, the one whose good intentions were misunderstood, misinterpretated, n unappreciated.

Instead of realising her errors, she offended more Singaporean women by calling them scary n hooligans. Shows she is not only deluding herself by believing that god wants her to carry out these activities, she is really OUT OF TOUCH with reality.

This puppet master's actions however is nothing new. Xtian history will show u that many women also thought that god has spoken to them n wanted them to carry out certain actions. Most ended up getting BBQed!

Her delusion has also destroyed the lives of these 6 women who will be eternally remembered n blamed for this fiasco.

Feminist Mentor my foot.....Freaking Mad, more appropraite.

The RealTuaKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Lock

The remarkable thing I read was that there were xtians there who really opposed other xtians. Irene Ang was mentioned but this raises more questions. Bible is damn clearcut about homosexuality n sodomy, yet why are xtians still spilt on this issue? These acts n lifestyles are to be condemned, no compromise.

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Lock

The remarkable thing I read was that there were xtians there who really opposed other xtians. Irene Ang was mentioned but this raises more questions. Bible is damn clearcut about homosexuality n sodomy, yet why are xtians still spilt on this issue? These acts n lifestyles are to be condemned, no compromise.

The bible is a piece of trash that divides, punish and offer nothing but an illusion they call heaven.

Has anyone seen heaven? If no, then how come so many idiots keep calling others to believe in it?

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Lock

The key issue is that the Bible also admonishes thousand and one other things. (e.g. no eating of shellfish), but many xtians (rightly) chose to ignore some of these passages. The split is really over (a) the interpretations of the Bible and (b) how far do we want the Bible to guide our day to day life. It would be utmost hypocrisy if we were to cherry pick what we like and what we don't in the Bible.

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the Spore Christian leaders said and did thru John Chew and the rest was correct - Christianity in its essence and truth, does not advocate a takeover of worldly institutions in the name of religion in order to change beliefs of others. If this is to happen, Jesus will have raise an army instead of volunteering himself to die on the cross, and living his simple life to be a light to others. His disciples has simply followed on this Example, and to this day, it is still the same. It is the simplicity and God's love which needs to be manifested and not the actions as witnessed in the recent saga of the new Aware.

However Josie and her gang unfortunately, has given Christianity a bad name - they gave others the impression that the church is behind them. Pastor Derek did make a mistake to show some element of support and I think he realised it and was game enough to admit it - it is not wrong to pray for somebody but to do it from the pulpit in the midst of this saga, it simply gives people a wrong impression. Also, they are also mistaken that by taking over a secular institution, they have the mandate to influence society.

I don't doubt the motives of Josie and gang which are likely honourable, it is the manner in which things are done that simply repulses others - they should show a reconciliatory hand rather than be "exclusive" ...and it is to the point that even Claire Nizar, the ex-president of Aware, a noted Christian, began to distance herself from them and went over to the other side. Also, they should have reached out to the old guard and respect the precedents in the organisation, nevermind if you disagree with them. They were very slow to respond to accusations that they were backed by the church which I think they are not. As Christians, they have no basis to adopt the worldly tactics in their actions and subtlely use Christianity as their backing. If they want to do, do so as individuals and dispel such impressions. All in all, they are rather incompetent even if they are doing so as individuals as they did nothing at all to be otherwise.

Although Christians backed the beliefs of new guard, they are not fully supportive of these wrong actions unlike what many think. This is why I think you don't see the kind of support in the EGM for Josie and gang. In a way, I am glad that the old Aware wins back the control of the organisation. I do feel sorry for the bad behaviour the new Aware has to endure, just the same way I am sorry to see how the old Aware was treated. There are no saints on both sides the way I see it.

Christians are not for the promotion of homosexuality as a lifestyle - now and in years, there will be a battle which will become more visible. Homosexuals I reckon, are not satisfied to stay in their closets, and will fight to have more rights eg right to marriage. Fridae is not likely to be quiet, and I think they are already becoming more activist. I don't think Christians or the significant majority of Singapore society will like to see this to happen - hence I think this is just the beginning of more fights to come.

Let Aware be Aware. For Josie and others, they can form your NGO organisation to fight what they believe and worry about concerning the subtle promotion of the homosexual lifestyle. Or they can counteract by opposing certain issues of Aware which is fair and square in this society. At some point soon, we are likely to see more activist actions from such silent Singapore individuals whether christian or not. What this event has aroused is the school education programme by Aware - in a way, Josie and gang has already won in my view as their goal is to stop the subtle the promotion of homosexuality. Singapore parents will undoubtedly be very concerned about this issue. Let us see how MOE reacts - on this point, MOE is likely to stand on the side of this conservative society.

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Dear Lock

The remarkable thing I read was that there were xtians there who really opposed other xtians. Irene Ang was mentioned but this raises more questions. Bible is damn clearcut about homosexuality n sodomy, yet why are xtians still spilt on this issue? These acts n lifestyles are to be condemned, no compromise."

The majority of Christians see homosexuality as a sinful lifestyle. However, there is a small group of Christians who don't see it - especially from Christians who want to be gay and yet embrace their beliefs.

As for the bible, if your heart wants to believe in something, one can always twist the words and its true meanings to suit your beliefs.

As for the opposition to Josie and gang actions, I think I did raise my views earlier. When something looks or is wrong, it is wrong.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I totally agree with u. Darth Thio acts n behaves as though she was the aggrieved one, the one whose good intentions were misunderstood, misinterpretated, n unappreciated.

Instead of realising her errors, she offended more Singaporean women by calling them scary n hooligans. Shows she is not only deluding herself by believing that god wants her to carry out these activities, she is really OUT OF TOUCH with reality.

This puppet master's actions however is nothing new. Xtian history will show u that many women also thought that god has spoken to them n wanted them to carry out certain actions. Most ended up getting BBQed!

Her delusion has also destroyed the lives of these 6 women who will be eternally remembered n blamed for this fiasco.

Feminist Mentor my foot.....Freaking Mad, more appropraite.

when they get high, their legs insteads of their hands would point to the sky and cry: OH MY GOD!!:p

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like this hiao cheebye leetahbar?:biggrin:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ciLllSAcF-8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ciLllSAcF-8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

for u, it's always pointing downwards. it's always "my god!! battery flat!!" and u need someone to RAM u up! LOL!!

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
iT SEEMS THAT THE OLD GUARD WERE VERY STRONGLY SUPPORTED BY GAY-ADVOCATORS..INCLUDING THE NMP sIEW K.H...AND ALSO THEY ADVOCATE TO NEUTRALISE THE PERCEPTION OF HOMO-BEHAVIOR AS ACCEPTABLE NORM...
I DONT SEE ANY SIGNS OF XTIAN FERVANCY IN THE NEW GUARD.......BUT VERY FERVANT SUPPORTER OF GUY AND HOMO PRACTITIONER..........THE MEDIA AND NEWS REPORTER ARE ALL SLANTED TOWARDS THE OLD TEAM........

NO WONDER WE HAD 140,000 GAY/HOMO OUT OF A 3,5 M POPULATION......A STAGGERING 4%...IN CHINA IT IS LESS THAN .4%........I THINK OTHER ASIAN COUNTRIES ALSO HOVER AROUND O.5% OR LESS......STATISTICALLY A NATURAL DEFICIENCY IN SEXUAL ORIENTATION IN THE HUMAN POPULATION.....THE WEST ARE HIGHER..MOST LIKELY........
BUT A 4% FOR SINGAPORE.....SOMETHING NOT RIGHT...........

SO I SUGGEST ALL OTHER WOMEN IN SINGAPORE WHO ARE WILLING TO SERVE THE FELLOW SISTERS[ NOT GAY..] SHOULD FORM A A NEW ORGANISATION ,NGO..CALLED IT
AWARE II...........SO THE POPULATION CAN CHOOSE....THE 3000 AWARE [ BLOATED FROM 400 TO 3000 SUDDENLY???] DONT REPRESENT ALL WOMENHOOD IN SPORE ...THEIR VIEWS ARE NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF ALL ...SO AWARE II.......

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone see such gay behavior in the animal kingdoms??????/if a male lion or tiger try that ..it will probably be killed by fellow males .......animal preserve their best genes by the domination of the strongest males............

Something has gone wrong with the human race............
It was the human mind that has gone warp..........

Which religion condom gay and lesbian behaviors?????

We can accept such abnormal human deficiency as a natural law on deficiency[[no perfect species..] but not to open treat it as normal ..and implicitly not-discouraging it........
The great had and hsui dynasty collapse rapidly when the last few emperors practice openly gay behavior in courts...the great tang collapse when the last few emperor got excessivelly indulge in sex and incest in the court........nature has its way of cleansing.
So human beware.........not aware......

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Real

Firstly , within xtians in Singapore, there is no disagreement as to how homosexuality is viewed. It is viewed as a moral sin. The question is one of how far xtianity should function within Singapore and how far it should go in imposing its own moral views on the rest of society.

What Pastor Hong has forgotten and seems to forget is that Singapore is not the US whereby 40% of them go to church. With a larger church going population, smaller percentages of other religions and atheist, a more aggressive xtian agenda might have to be tolerated and be more socially and politically acceptable

Again no one doubts or no one has stopped the existence of Christian faith based organizations. Focus on Family remains firmly in existence and headquartered at COOS. Aware was always a secular organization albeit with a liberal feminist outlook. What some of us object to is an attempt by a aggressive christians to take over a secular civil society group which it disagrees with through implicit direct church support .

I personally fear such an agenda because pro family is also a drive against abortion, condoms and comprehensive sex education. It also fundamentally disagrees with other religions and for more unthinking idiots who buy it whole sale believe that "syriah" law should be changed in some way

Locke

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do schools and AWARE have to be responsible 100% for childrens sex education? What are parents for? You made a baby, youre responsible for raising it, inculcating the right values as you see them. It seems many parents have abdicated responsibility for what their kids are taught about sex....surely this is up to individual family values...some parents may dissuade a kid from homosexuality, some might teach more tolerance to their kids and trust them more. You cant have teachers and organisations teaching such sensitive stuff as there are religious issues at stake and it is up to parents to make those calls.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
as expected, the posting about how badly behaved supporters of the old guards, especially from "concerned parents" & husbands of "neutral" AWARE members,are surfacing on internet forums...

give me a break. it is how crude and worse the behaviour of the new guards that put me and everyone off. they are most uncivilised , arrogant, pompous assh@les pretending to be dignifed. telling people to "shut up and sit down" gives lie to the character of the new guards. How they connive to take over tell you how sneaky and shrewd their twisted minds are. SO STOP TELLING ME THE OLD GUARDS ARE THE ONE THAT IT BADLY BEHAVED WHEN THE NEW GUARDS ARE SH!TTY in character. no better than the gays, probably worse. all these self righteous posturing like mad women. that's why they lost. good has triump over eviil. period:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Last edited:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today, I don't believe that the AWARE is for pluralism. It is still as sectarian as Josie's group. Only difference is that Josie's group is filled with pro-Christians, while Dana's group is filled with pro-gays and lesbians. Also, at least Josie's group was civil.

as we begin to proceed towards the end times, many people will turn again God...it's mentioned in the bible....

so for them to celebrate now is a little premature...

as social decay progresses in the country...

everything in the country is turning out wrong...

so what's news?

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
SO I SUGGEST ALL OTHER WOMEN IN SINGAPORE WHO ARE WILLING TO SERVE THE FELLOW SISTERS[ NOT GAY..] SHOULD FORM A A NEW ORGANISATION ,NGO..CALLED IT
AWARE II...........SO THE POPULATION CAN CHOOSE....THE 3000 AWARE [ BLOATED FROM 400 TO 3000 SUDDENLY???] DONT REPRESENT ALL WOMENHOOD IN SPORE ...THEIR VIEWS ARE NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF ALL ...SO AWARE II.......

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

as a woman, i wouldnt touch AWARE with a 10-foot pole, so to speak ... so i wonder why guys are signing up to be associate members of AWARE ?!

now that the 'old guards' have taken back AWARE ... those lesbians are gonna get embolden ... & do things like disturbing women, influencing young girls ? theres a lesbian at my workplace who goes abt touching her female colleagues ... and although she had never come clean with her orientation, i realised she was a lesbian, but alot of my blur female colleagues allow her to touch & caress them bcos they think its ok just becos she's a woman, if it was a man they would have shouted 'molest' already i bet ... (however i must add that this person has a history of mental illness also, so maybe its her illness and not orientation that makes her act this way ? ) ...

normal women don't need AWARE II, what on earth for ?

im cool with gay guys, since as a woman, they never disturb me ... :p

besides they are usually so well-groomed & talented/artistic - from leslie cheung to adam lambert, but i bet straight guys hate them ... :biggrin: