• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

According to Axe168, Australia is heaven

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny, you guys are enjoying lives but some economists are predicting a recession in USA.

Anyway, the median salary for main breadwinners here is $100,000, so it does not really matter.

United States of America people earn higher than Australlia. U talk cock.

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Median_household_income

Country Median household income national currency units Year PPP rate (OECD) Median household income (PPP)
Switzerland [4] (gross) 107,748 CHF, $89,762 2007 1.755192 $61,388
California, US [5] 61,021 USD 2008 1.00 $61,021
United States [5] 52,029 USD 2008 1.00 $52,029
Canada [6] (After tax) 63,900 CAD 2008 1.23 $51,951
Switzerland [4] (after taxes and health insurance) 75,312 CHF, $62,741 2007 1.696855 $44,383
Australia [7] 66,890 AUD 2007/2008 1.5162805 $44,115
New Zealand [8] 63,867 NZD 2008/2009 1.5881895 $40,214

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway, the median salary for main breadwinners here is $100,000, so it does not really matter.

The salary figures from my sector. This is a rough estimate. The exact figures need to pay to get.

http://content.mycareer.com.au/salary-centre/mining-oil-gas/

ctl05__34088d755742_SalaryGraph_ZedGraphWeb1f41ede1b-bc67-4547-ac72-1900e24d03a3.jpg

Shows sector specific salary information from MyCareer job listings (inclusive of wage) for each of the last four quarters. Note: figures may incorporate total pkg.

Average Australian Salary
http://content.mycareer.com.au/salary-centre/
ctl05__34088d755742_SalaryGraph_ZedGraphWeb12675dc4a-b61c-49c4-8f68-5b7b4644062a.jpg

Average Australian Salary $90,073
1Accounting $46,143 $146,428 $81,911
2Admin/Office Support $32,169 $90,909 $52,450
3Automotive $42,422 $130,602 $63,956
4Banking & Financial Services $45,954 $204,524 $89,540
5Community, Sport & Leisure $28,194 $114,414 $59,717
6Construction, Building & Architecture $47,063 $185,625 $106,690
7Customer Service & Call Centre $33,429 $111,143 $53,177
8Education and Training $45,303 $125,451 $67,461
9Engineering $53,313 $198,434 $113,548
10Executive / Corporate Strategy $58,425 $227,280 $128,224

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
We just got a new car in May. We now have 4 cars. Too bad that one car in Australia is 3X more expensive than here you poor thing. How upsetting for you - your one car can buy 3 here. One for you, one for the wife and one for the kid! Also our boats are soooooooo cheap too. Next year will buy a bigger boat. The good life here just cant be beat.

My god 2 cars in Australia is like having 5-6 cars here. No need to be jealous old boy. No need.

Hee Hee Hee

OK ok.. I have only 1 pte car and 1 company car. Another 7 seater SUV coming soon. I am also planning for a boat, but worrying about the on-going cost if I retire.. Australia is a diff country compare to States lah. I know a few in US with jobs or business - continue to enjoy life. Those without job, life is terrible..

I wish you well.. no need to be jealous. But I have to warn a "job" is only temporary, we need to find some vehicles to generate $$ to ensure continual harvesting.. Come join me ? start a chicken factory ?

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny, you guys are enjoying lives but some economists are predicting a recession in USA.

US has not recovered since the start of GFC, unemployment is still close to 10%, thus a double dip recession is inevitable. Americans are losing confidence with Obama administration. My friend in the US has to work like hell to keep his job.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
10Executive / Corporate Strategy $58,425 $227,280 $128,224

This is precisely what I have been saying all along. Your PPP is at 1.51 according to the OCED. This means your goods and services cost 1.51 to the dollar so the average American salary of US$ 52,000 is equivalent to A$ 79,000 while your average income is A$66,000. If you disagree you can write to the OECD, the World Bank, and the CIA.

If you only listened to previous posts you would have realized this. I dont publish the results they do.

OH and FYI - my industry job is paying much higher in the US and Canada than it does in Australia too, so its all relative - and I would MUCH rather earn higher American wages and pay lower taxes. Many Americans earn higher than the median so I can show you a mind boggling list of how high pay in the US is compared to Australia. Unfortunately Canadian taxation is roughtly equivalent to Australia's. That proveribal 100K earner in Australia or Canada would pay much higher tax than he would in the US. For mind-blowing salaries see how much certain industry pay is in the US is - for example - the medical sector. Some doctors pull in US$ 400,000 per year.

I keep telling you its the bottom line - the Americans earn more than you do - and they pay less too.

Last edited:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
US has not recovered since the start of GFC, unemployment is still close to 10%, thus a double dip recession is inevitable. Americans are losing confidence with Obama administration. My friend in the US has to work like hell to keep his job.

No its not. There has been no evidence of a recession as 2nd quarter GDP has just expanded - albeit at a slower pace. There is no negative growth in the US economy as yet. Currently we see unemployment at 8% in 2011 and 7% in 2012 with the Fed on hold at 0% interest rates throughout 2011.

Last edited:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
We just got a new car in May. We now have 4 cars. Too bad that one car in Australia is 3X more expensive than here you poor thing. How upsetting for you - your one car can buy 3 here. One for you, one for the wife and one for the kid! Also our boats are soooooooo cheap too. Next year will buy a bigger boat. The good life here just cant be beat.

My god 2 cars in Australia is like having 5-6 cars here. No need to be jealous old boy. No need.

Hee Hee Hee

So what car did you just purchase?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes.. Prince 2.. WBS.. Gantt Chart.. this where my rice bowl come from :wink:

I've just bought myself a good number plate .. watch out for "AXE 88" my new car is arriving in Nov :wink:

Eh, we do Extreme programming, test driven development here. Not the old style waterfall type. :P

Eh, can't get AXE 168 ah? Hahahaha, china so fun, got upgraded to a bigger room when I arrive at the hotel.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh, we do Extreme programming, test driven development here. Not the old style waterfall type. :P

Eh, can't get AXE 168 ah? Hahahaha, china so fun, got upgraded to a bigger room when I arrive at the hotel.

No no.. my current number plate is xxx 918.. FOC.. why get another number which is 168.. I rather get '88', if you convert to Chinese, it looks like Xi - GongXi

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what car did you just purchase?

Our 4th car came about because we keep the SUV in Florida now for the boat, so we went car shopping one Sunday. I have wanted an BMW M3 for some time so we were told to look at the 335i so we went to see it but the wife was just so-so. She does not care about the engine which is amazing.

Then we went to see the Mercedes C Class. Wife liked this car much better and the sales here is very slow so they need to clear the 2010 Models for the 2011s coming in. We sat down and the salesman (who was from Ireland) tried to sell us either the C350 or the C300 as he had many to choose from. The sticker price was in the 30-40K for both so we told him just looking. He came over and said he could offer much less if we agree right then so yadda yadda show show he gave us 3 options 1) C300 manual for 27K, 2) C300 auto for 29K and 3) C350 for 33K.

We left but next day call us and tried to make the sale. Told him still thinking about it. After one week and many phone calls he asked us to come back he wants to improve the offer so we did and he offered us the same cars for 2K less each and on the C300 auto he threw in the Navigation and Embrace Service. I told him we might like the C300 auto but we wanted to pay 26K he said he cant do it we walked out he comes gets us and says 26.5 K we said ok.

So we went to the bank, got a cashiers, called my insurance co (it only cost us an additional 200 per year for full insurance as a 2nd car) and we drove away with the car. I am not that crazy about this car to tell you the truth. The buttons on the steering wheel to control the functions are complicated you have to remember up, down etc. I like speed, torque, but the wife is happy. Any why not? 26K is nothing to us, we save 25K every four months now.

I think the wife is irritating the Mercedes Concierge people. Everytime she goes shopping she pushes the i button on the car and gets the concierge lady to download the nearest shoe store to the navigation and now she knows every store in a 20 miles radius.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
That proveribal 100K earner in Australia or Canada would pay much higher tax than he would in the US. For mind-blowing salaries see how much certain industry pay is in the US is - for example - the medical sector. Some doctors pull in US$ 400,000 per year.

I keep telling you its the bottom line - the Americans earn more than you do - and they pay less too.

Doctors make alot of moola here. Alot. Mucho Dinero. Grande. Anyone in medical field makes it big time here too.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No no.. my current number plate is xxx 918.. FOC.. why get another number which is 168.. I rather get '88', if you convert to Chinese, it looks like Xi - GongXi

I remember when I buy my car, the angmo dealer took out a box of car plates and asked, "No number 4" for plate, right? He quickly took one out that has an 8 in it.

If you are using it for business, you should go for a European car. The guy who repair my computer drives a BMW.

I saw a WA car plate 1DIE 453 on the road, I wonder who the driver is, die and cannot revive. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
I told him we might like the C300 auto but we wanted to pay 26K he said he cant do it we walked out he comes gets us and says 26.5 K we said ok.

So we went to the bank, got a cashiers, called my insurance co (it only cost us an additional 200 per year for full insurance as a 2nd car) and we drove away with the car. I am not that crazy about this car to tell you the truth. The buttons on the steering wheel to control the functions are complicated you have to remember up, down etc. I like speed, torque, but the wife is happy. Any why not? 26K is nothing to us, we save 25K every four months now.

I think the wife is irritating the Mercedes Concierge people. Everytime she goes shopping she pushes the i button on the car and gets the concierge lady to download the nearest shoe store to the navigation and now she knows every store in a 20 miles radius.

That's only S$ 35,000 - which is nothing.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oei where are you ? Which part of China you visited ? My business trip is damn boring.. next time i shall join you :wink:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next trip will be in December, start from Fuchow, may end up in Guangzhou. Want to join?

Aiya ! Shunde cruisine is nice ! My baby is due in Nov.. how to join ? Perhaps next yr lah.. Oei, got mei-mei come and sian you bo ?