• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This dish with some basil leaves and a lot of squeezed lime and chilli is nice and sedap.

Keep the food pics coming, especially spicy dishes...........................
Though there is no right or wrong way to eat a dish but bro I think you mistaken this Suki for Yaam....Yaam is basically a salad with spicy dressing. Pii Chon's dish is a dry version of Suki.....Suki is basically noodles with soup derived from Suki hot pot.

jw5

Loyal
Though there is no right or wrong way to eat a dish but bro I think you mistaken this Suki for Yaam....Yaam is basically a salad with spicy dressing. Pii Chon's dish is a dry version of Suki.....Suki is basically noodles with soup derived from Suki hot pot.

Ok bro, thanks for the correction.
I don't know the names and even nature of these dishes, but quite sure that both would suit my taste.
Sour and spicy salads are one of my favourote dishes, have a liking for most noodle dishes too.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I don't know the names and even nature of these dishes, but quite sure that both would suit my taste.
Sour and spicy salads are one of my favourote dishes, have a liking for most noodle dishes too.

Yes yaam is very nice I love yaam, one could basically yaam almost anything, my favourite is yam-pla-duk-fu (yaam cat fish)

Yum_pladook_foo.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Yes yaam is very nice I love yaam, one could basically yaam almost anything, my favourite is yam-pla-duk-fu (yaam cat fish)

baby sotong or little prawns would be even better, the seafood slices should be small, so that the spicy and sour taste will be more pronounced, yum yaam..............................

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
both dish would look the same....I thot you were describing sour and spicy and my guess would be Yaam......the other Suki would be savoury

View attachment 9087
there's this chain of Yaam outlets in the shopping centers (forgot the name)......specializes in only Yaam......my favorite is their Yaam mama (instant noodles).......the bestest way to eat instant noodles

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
baby sotong or little prawns would be even better, the seafood slices should be small, so that the spicy and sour taste will be more pronounced, yum yaam..............................

yaaaaaa baby sotong tastes so sweet, aiyo in Thailand anyhow spelling also boleh la, on one same road the name of the road can have 3 or 4 different English spelling so that's why its very frustrating to use GPS in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
both dish would look the same....I thot you were describing sour and spicy and my guess would be Yaam......the other Suki would be savoury

there's this chain of Yaam outlets in the shopping centers (forgot the name)......specializes in only Yaam......my favorite is their Yaam mama (instant noodles).......the bestest way to eat instant noodles

I wonder if you are referring to Yam Saap
YamSaap.gif
YamSaapLogoRevise.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
what is yam? Is that the english yam or a thai word?

Its simply salad or starter type of Thai dish very sour because lots of lime usually with raw mango strips, onions, crushed peanuts, white fungus etc etc can go with seafood, fish, minced pork, Thai ham etc etc

jw5

Loyal
yaaaaaa baby sotong tastes so sweet, aiyo in Thailand anyhow spelling also boleh la, on one same road the name of the road can have 3 or 4 different English spelling so that's why its very frustrating to use GPS in Thailand

not bothered about the spelling lah, what I meant was yummy yum yaam, it's so tasty, sour and spicy is one of the best combos...................

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its simply salad or starter type of Thai dish very sour because lots of lime usually with raw mango strips, onions, crushed peanuts, white fungus etc etc can go with seafood, fish, minced pork, Thai ham etc etc

tom yam goong? Is that what they put inside the tom yam soup too?

i just hate eating those raw onions.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yes bro.......Yum Saap....heard was started by dunno which ex-celebrity singer/actress......my time away from LOS is showing.......can't even remember the name

Yum Saap is everywhere and always quite popular. Wife started to go to Yam Saap shops lately because she likes their somtam pu