• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

Thailand properties are cheap. Medical is cheap. Food is cheap. Beer is cheap Sex is cheap too.

Actually we must remember that Thailand is in the 3rd world. Wages are low.

In Spore we have been de-sensitised by the high cost of housing, cars, utilities, etc. If you are working in Spore you can offset the high prices, but once you stop working it's no longer practical to stay here.

There are also few ties left to keep Sporeans in Spore once they stop working. Just alot of congestion.:(

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

In Spore we have been de-sensitised by the high cost of housing, cars, utilities, etc. If you are working in Spore you can offset the high prices, but once you stop working it's no longer practical to stay here.

There are also few ties left to keep Sporeans in Spore once they stop working. Just alot of congestion.:(

Bangkok do not look like 3rd world to me. Bangkok is more or less like Singapore but i prefer bangkok. Love it for the food, fun and pretty ladies. Everyone is cool there and happy.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are there the pub now? happy to know that there is a Thailand thread here. Learn a lot about Thailand from people here.. :smile:
Hi rectmobile,
No, pics were taken few days back. I am 20 mins away from the pub and joetys is probably 2 hours away from the pub (depending on how fast he drive). YY is about 2+2 hours away (2 hours on the plane + 2 hours to Sin City).:wink:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

errr johnny333 I've posted this twice but maybe as a recap, two Augusts ago I went for my wisdom tooth surgery. I insisted to remove the left and right bottom wisdon teeth by surgery and at the same time has to also remove their corresponding upper tooth. Everything for about S$880.00.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi rectmobile,
No, pics were taken few days back. I am 20 mins away from the pub and joetys is probably 2 hours away from the pub (depending on how fast he drive). YY is about 2+2 hours away (2 hours on the plane + 2 hours to Sin City).:wink:

is this pub in bangkok?

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

errr johnny333 I've posted this twice but maybe as a recap, two Augusts ago I went for my wisdom tooth surgery. I insisted to remove the left and right bottom wisdon teeth by surgery and at the same time has to also remove their corresponding upper tooth. Everything for about S$880.00.

remove wisdom tooth painful or not... i also got wisdom tooth but dare not take out... just clean it nicely.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Anyway guys today I did this:

Photo Jan 29, 9 50 31 PM.jpg

errrrr chonburifc and yinyang, I think that night I drunk and slipped my tongue by mentioning a secret ingredient in this. Please keep to yourself please please please my future depends on this secret. Thanks.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bangkok do not look like 3rd world to me. Bangkok is more or less like Singapore but i prefer bangkok. Love it for the food, fun and pretty ladies. Everyone is cool there and happy.

I agree that Thailand is a great place. Otherwise I wouldn't be considering spending more time there:smile:

Just wanted to point out that the worker bees wages are not that high. Same thing with wages in Malaysia & Indonesia. Theses countries are considered 3rd world because their wages are low. Even in Spore after you deduct CPF, gst, utility bills, I suspect plenty are living in the 3rd world.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I agree that Thailand is a great place. Otherwise I wouldn't be considering spending more time there:smile:

Just wanted to point out that the worker bees wages are not that high. Same thing with wages in Malaysia & Indonesia. Theses countries are considered 3rd world because their wages are low. Even in Spore after you deduct CPF, gst, utility bills, I suspect plenty are living in the 3rd world.

Yes agree. Currently Thailand's and Indonesia's wages are lower than China. Yes many labour intensive factories are beginning to shift here.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway guys today I did this:

View attachment 3639

errrrr chonburifc and yinyang, I think that night I drunk and slipped my tongue by mentioning a secret ingredient in this. Please keep to yourself please please please my future depends on this secret. Thanks.
Wah Lan Eh! Why must post this type of pic at this hour? Now, how? Many bros here very hungry liaoz. Don't worry, I almost forget everything you said that night other than the zha boh playing pool. :wink:

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think it is much better to own a business than to work for others. Unless you are a highly paid executive and being sent by your company to work there. I think being sent there to work is the best. Having a business sounds tough.

Food and drinks are cheap. it all comes up to what you want if you want to stay in Thailand. Different people have different needs and wants.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Johnny. Was hoping you can join us for the small gathering. Anyway, there's always opportunity. Guess next gathering location will be in BKK or CMX? Suggestions?

Here's my THB2 on doing business in LOS: Half the salary, half the rental, half the expense, half the effort BUT TWICE the profit.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

remove wisdom tooth painful or not... i also got wisdom tooth but dare not take out... just clean it nicely.

First of all I hate dentist simply because the drilling or that machine sound drives me nuts. But then one day you will need to remove it la. Mine did not give me problem in the sense that its not causing any pain or obstruction only some food tend to stuck there often but like you say hygiene can take care of this however I do believe you will one day need to get it out. So I pluck up my courage and go get it done. Dentist did not agree for me to do both sides but I insisted as I told her bluntly I don;t like dentists because if the machine. She reluctantly did it for me all under 2hrs. I have to say I don't feel any pain at all because of the LA. But hearing all the noise terrified me.

rectmobile, welcome to this thread if you've just discovered it. upz you.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Johnny. Was hoping you can join us for the small gathering. Anyway, there's always opportunity. Guess next gathering location will be in BKK or CMX? Suggestions?

Here's my THB2 on doing business in LOS: Half the salary, half the rental, half the expense, half the effort BUT TWICE the profit.

Fuxx more important is you get to manage YOUR OWN cpf and not some farkers

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think it is much better to own a business than to work for others. Unless you are a highly paid executive and being sent by your company to work there. I think being sent there to work is the best. Having a business sounds tough.

Food and drinks are cheap. it all comes up to what you want if you want to stay in Thailand. Different people have different needs and wants.
rectmobile, owning a biz and working for others is very different. There are different problems.
By being an employee, you solve your boss's problems. By being an employer, you are responsible for everyone under your payroll. LOS like anywhere else, it's not always easy to get good employee. There are also many shits faced by employers whether it is LOS or SG or anywhere else.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

First of all I hate dentist simply because the drilling or that machine sound drives me nuts. But then one day you will need to remove it la. Mine did not give me problem in the sense that its not causing any pain or obstruction only some food tend to stuck there often but like you say hygiene can take care of this however I do believe you will one day need to get it out. So I pluck up my courage and go get it done. Dentist did not agree for me to do both sides but I insisted as I told her bluntly I don;t like dentists because if the machine. She reluctantly did it for me all under 2hrs. I have to say I don't feel any pain at all because of the LA. But hearing all the noise terrified me.

rectmobile, welcome to this thread if you've just discovered it. upz you.

Thank You. Yes. food do stuck between my teeth too at the wisdom area, i have to floss it out almost daily. haha.

Maybe you are right. i have to take it out sometime in the future.

where do you usually hang out in Thailand, if you are in Bangkok? Any fun place to recommend? I like it there so much that i might want to stay there.. i always feel happy when i make a trip there.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

rectmobile, owning a biz and working for others is very different. There are different problems.
By being an employee, you solve your boss's problems. By being an employer, you are responsible for everyone under your payroll. LOS like anywhere else, it's not always easy to get good employee. There are also many shits faced by employers whether it is LOS or SG or anywhere else.

Well, life is all about solving problem. The more problems you solved, the better your life would be. I meet friends for drinks and meals and usually the topic will zoom into their problems they encounter. so i see life as a way for people to solve problems. Kind of sianzzz if you think it this way but if you are the challenging type you can challenge yourself to how much problems you can solve in a week or a month. That will make it like a fun way to deal with life. just my humble opinion.