• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My 45 baht is not roadside stall. Although I a bit cheapo, I still maintain some standard lah. I only patronize restaurants air con. And if they don't switch on air con because it's before or past lunch or dinner time, I will insist that they switch on; if not, I walk out of the restaurant.

Till today, I still don't trust the roadside stalls in Bangkok or anywhere in Thailand.
Hehehe. You are missing a lot of goodies. Almost all my favorite food in Pattaya are roadside stall. Luad Moo (Zhu Zha Tang), Duck/Char Siew Rice and Khao Kaeng. Guess for me, it's 'dirty eat, dirty big'. :smile:

But one word of advice on roadside stalls for travelers to LOS, if you have a weak stomache, don't try. Best to bring along some Po Chai pills.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the photo I notice there are two dental clinics :eek:

Is this the Central Business District of Pattaya for the locals:confused:
Johnny, you are right!

I lost count of the number of dental clinics in Pattaya. The road in the photo is Pattaya South (Outside Tuk Com Building). Within 500 meter, there are more than 10 dental clinics. I think whole of Pattaya at least 50 dental clinics.

Actually, there's no CBD in Pattaya but Pattaya South is something like Yaowarat with different nationalities. There are wet markets, roadside stalls, IT Mall, temple and coffee shops.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goodnight guys. I very mao already. Just got back from Ratchada. Had meeting and dinner with 2 Japanese suppliers there. Tomorrow another long night at Pattaya but its gonna be fun I am sure. Cheers guys.
Screw King, hotel book already?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Joetys, Chonburifc - yeah, kao soi is next closest thing to our curry noodles (not as close to our laksa with hum!). Northern thingy, you eat this with some shreds kiam chai mix.

S&P's fast food version is not up to par, even up north. Just dump in either chicken thigh or beef slices. Did a local restaurant up in Lampang, which only do kao soi -nice garden ambience, and you didn't have to pay for this either as pricing was hawker league. You could jia liao with noodles, sides like chicken bits. But what struck me, was option to add coconut milk -not straight SG style, but sticky gluey version (hmmm).

On your chicken rice plans, interesting! Sure can beat few popular chicken rice shops at Pratunam area. But imho, thai chickens are kinda skinny (unlike SG), but of course rice grain is original.
Another early waker. How's the accomodation?

Chicken Rice in LOS cannot make it. Most of the time, chicken overcooked. The skin also not shiny and smooth as the SG version. Chilli sauce also CMI. There'a a franchise chicken rice call 5 star (Ha Dao) here but think still long way to go.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another early waker. How's the accomodation?

Chicken Rice in LOS cannot make it. Most of the time, chicken overcooked. The skin also not shiny and smooth as the SG version. Chilli sauce also CMI. There'a a franchise chicken rice call 5 star (Ha Dao) here but think still long way to go.
chicken skinny is good thing.....probably is free roam chicken....the skin not smooth is because they dun soak in cold water.....some say more distinct chiken taste this way. Actually reminds me of old swee kee style....

Chilli sauce is cater for thai taste buds.....CMI for me too.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
like to share that most dental clinics especially the cheaper ones....most are not doctors....some are just dental technicians so some jobs like root canal they might not be qualified to perform.

Johnny, you are right!

I lost count of the number of dental clinics in Pattaya. The road in the photo is Pattaya South (Outside Tuk Com Building). Within 500 meter, there are more than 10 dental clinics. I think whole of Pattaya at least 50 dental clinics.

Actually, there's no CBD in Pattaya but Pattaya South is something like Yaowarat with different nationalities. There are wet markets, roadside stalls, IT Mall, temple and coffee shops.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Screw King, hotel book already?

knn my favorite Siam Bayshore (sea view rooms) fully booked. So booked Aya Boutique Hotel Pattaya at 555/55, Moo 10, a bit expensive na THB4,100 per night (all taxes in include breakfast) but can walk to WS la.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thais love to eat khao-mun-gai (chicken rice). Problem here you guys are right chicken is just thrown into water and boil. So chicken turns out dry unlike Singapore's is very juicy. Of course the type of chicken plays a part and the fatty ones are also easily available. As for the rice here some shops the chicken rice smells and taste like white rice so not delicious. So the problem here is some stalls gives good rice but bad chicken and some can cook good chicken but bad rice. However all Thais visited Singapore agreed that our chicken rice is better than Thai's and they also like our chilli sauce and black soya sauce. The only thing is Thai sauce need to remain while the rice and chicken can change but the Thai chicken rice sauce is very easy to make so no problem.

You're going to confuse Joety with this kind of remark :wink:

Yes KYP for a moment I was confused

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thais love to eat khao-mun-gai (chicken rice). Problem here you guys are right chicken is just thrown into water and boil. So chicken turns out dry unlike Singapore's is very juicy. Of course the type of chicken plays a part and the fatty ones are also easily available. As for the rice here some shops the chicken rice smells and taste like white rice so not delicious. So the problem here is some stalls gives good rice but bad chicken and some can cook good chicken but bad rice. However all Thais visited Singapore agreed that our chicken rice is better than Thai's and they also like our chilli sauce and black soya sauce. The only thing is Thai sauce need to remain while the rice and chicken can change but the Thai chicken rice sauce is very easy to make so no problem.

Looks like you have done your home work on running a chicken rice business. But be careful. You're already known as "Screw King"; you might just add another feather to your hat with the accolade "Chicken King" which, together, make you "Screw Chicken King" ! :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Looks like you have done your home work on running a chicken rice business. But be careful. You're already known as "Screw King"; you might just add another feather to your hat with the accolade "Chicken King" which, together, make you "Screw Chicken King" ! :p

Knn haven't start kanna spike liao . . . . . it seems like KYP very good in coming up with names

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Chonburifc, yinyang, joetys noe very drunk now in Nang Nual restaurant what the hell is next?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chicken skinny is good thing.....probably is free roam chicken....the skin not smooth is because they dun soak in cold water.....some say more distinct chiken taste this way. Actually reminds me of old swee kee style....

Chilli sauce is cater for thai taste buds.....CMI for me too.
Think we share the same taste for Hainanese Chicken Rice. In the past, I 'pound' my own Chilli Sauce using Pri Ki Nu (Chilly Paddy) with white vinegar and lime and some sugar. But now, cannot because 'downstair' neighbor complain.
like to share that most dental clinics especially the cheaper ones....most are not doctors....some are just dental technicians so some jobs like root canal they might not be qualified to perform.
Have yet to visit any dental clinics in Pattaya or Sinkeeland for ages. Might need to go for one of these 'laser whitening' treatment due to years of smoking and coffee. Will write a FR afterthat.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chonburifc, yinyang, joetys noe very drunk now in Nang Nual restaurant what the hell is next?
Hennesy used to be my favorite when I was in SG. The other one is Martell. :smile:
Any pics to share with bros? Food stuff, girls at pub/bar? :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hennesy used to be my favorite when I was in SG. The other one is Martell. :smile:
Any pics to share with bros? Food stuff, girls at pub/bar? :smile:

chonburifc and yinyang. It was a very good meeting with you guys at the Walking Street. Its been a long time when bachelors congregate without any disturbances and paint the town red. Hope we can do this more often . . . . any part of LOS is ok.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
chonburifc and yinyang. It was a very good meeting with you guys at the Walking Street. Its been a long time when bachelors congregate without any disturbances and paint the town red. Hope we can do this more often . . . . any part of LOS is ok.

Bachelors ?? You mao lao izzit ?

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

Thailand properties are cheap. Medical is cheap. Food is cheap. Beer is cheap Sex is cheap too.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today a little busy with last minute renovation works, CCTV, IT stuffs and cleaning so no time to take photos. Yet to decide a place for dinner. Considering going somewhere near Bachelor street for dinner. :wink: