• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Brief Story about Lexus

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that car was designed in California by Calty in California. The design credits Erwin Liu and Denis Campbell.

I remember checking out the car. I also remember thinking it couldn't have been well-engineered.

The reason for this was a big deal was made out of it's "ingenious" door hinges. In 2-door cars, the front doors are necessarily longer to allow access to the rear seats. So to make it easier for owners of this car, they specifically engineered it's door hinges to shift it's pivot axis outward to allow wider-opening doors. Every Lexus salesman made a great big fuss about how it made access easier without having to open the doors wider.

Great in theory, but in practice I remember the stupid door would not open to more than a 30 degree angle. I did not measure it with instruments, but if anything it looked like a 20+ degree angle. It was so narrow that you had to you couldn't just mindlessly enter the car and had to be mindful of the narrow gap. A super-fat American would have to squeeze through it.

I wondered what was wrong with all the people pitching this idea when it was so obvious it was half-baked engineering... They quietly got rid of it after this model.

But it did look great for it's time.
Anything with hinges means compromising structural integrity...

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
1617119225906.png

Wot sbout this one? You think they got the door fixed?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN the most beautiful Lexus I ever saw was the 2-door version in the US 20 years ago KNN. It has curves in all the right places and reminds me of the early 90s Honda Prelude at the time KNN.

View attachment 107047
michael jordan bought his dad a lexus coupe, but unfortunately his dad got murdered in it while sleeping on the roadside by a highway. i’m quite sure he swore never to buy a lexus again. he bought himself the highest end range rover.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
michael jordan bought his dad a lexus coupe, but unfortunately his dad got murdered in it while sleeping on the roadside by a highway. i’m quite sure he swore never to buy a lexus again. he bought himself the highest end range rover.
Is it something about blacks driving luxury vehicles?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it something about blacks driving luxury vehicles?
not surprisingly the murderer was a nigger looking to carjack and rob. you would think parking a car in the middle of nowhere would be safe, but not in america. there’s always a nigger lurking somewhere looking to commit crimes of opportunity. low ses niggers never like high ses niggers with flashy cars nor do they like low ses niggers who becum successful and upgrade themselves to high ses. for sexample, many hip hop nigger millionaires are murdered by fellow niggers who are jealous of their instant wealth and fame. there’s one killed every other month.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
not surprisingly the murderer was a nigger looking to carjack and rob. you would think parking a car in the middle of nowhere would be safe, but not in america. there’s always a nigger lurking somewhere looking to commit crimes of opportunity. low ses niggers never like high ses niggers with flashy cars nor do they like low ses niggers who becum successful and upgrade themselves to high ses. for sexample, many hip hop nigger millionaires are murdered by fellow niggers who are jealous of their instant wealth and fame. there’s one killed every other month.
Guess its another iq n race thing...but this is all the doings of the left. To destroy yankeeland from within

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Interesting, but a big plot twist left out. The LS 400 was their headline grabbing car. All the engineering resources poured into translated into news success, but not necessarily huge sales success for the brand channel as a whole. It was the RX that did it. To this day, Lexus owes it's success to the RX as acai @eatshitndie pointed out. Something like 1 out of every 2 Lexii sold are RXs for most of Lexus's history. In fact, it was the Japanese and their soft-roaders that foresaw this crossover/Suv craze. Long before anyone else figured it out, Rav4s, CRVs and RX's were kicking ass in the sales market.

As an example, in Canada all 10 best selling luxury vehicles are SUVs. Audi sells more Q5's than all the rest of their models. Lexus made the first and for the longest time, the best luxury SUV. It also helped that the RX had the market to itself for quite a few years. The only competition being Infinit's rebadged Nissan Pathfinder which was really yucky.

TBH, in terms of engineering excellence, the Japanese have never and will likely never approach the Germans or the Americans. They're just made 100% better and backed by a better management. You buy angmoh chia got to deal with all sorts of problems. First of all manufacturing defects, especially with American unionized labour. European labour also not so hot. Second, fucked up dealerships, mainly with American and a bit with the Germans. Thirdly comes the chop carrot head parts and service. German #1 culprit. Probably the single worst offender in the parts and service chopping is Porsche. $1k oil change.

Add all this up and in my older years prefer Lexus. No energy to deal with all this shit. But if you want to race a car on highways or racetracks or do some performance related task, I would always lean towards angmoh chia. But I would prefer owning Japanese. Styling is up to each person.

For Lexus, the ES was a big seller in North America too, as well as their RX. But they had steep competition from Acura MDX and the various infinity SUVs, they did not have the market to themselves as u claim. German brands like BMW and Mercs are all posers. Porsche and maybe Audi have good performance. Japanese cars are for sure up to snuff in performance with any of these. If you want a performance Jap 4 door, u get a Subie WRX or STi. NO point to get a Mercs or BMW. Those are just cars that morons need to have because of the branding. A Subie is just as good as any of them. If u want to race, its a Subie or maybe a Evo. Not a Bimmer or Mercs.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Actually u got me thinking,,,,,Lexus probably got its design inspiration from Toyota,,because Toyota cars are damn boring,,,when compared with Kim chee cars,,,the kim chees really put alot of emphasis on design,,,it just till date to me,,,Nip cars are still better in reliability and serviceability ...if one wants a real go getter tough as nails vehicles,,the to go for vehicle in ang mor lands is still the classic toyota land cruiser,,,its like being in an 80s car,,,everything damn old fashion and old tech,...but because it doesent have those sensors and made to last,,,its chance of cock ups in extreme terrain is very highly unlikely,,,but to drive that vehicle in singkieland is a nightmare,,,with all the start and stops etc,,,just changing gears already sian
I don't find anything boring about my SUbie WRX. And that's a Jap car

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah, wonder why they took it out, its Mark Levinson now. Its still sounds good. My father had a first gen LS400, with the Nakamichi. My RX has the Mark Levinson. The Nakamichi sounds better.
Nakamichi overengineers everything. It's basically the Lexus of Hi-Fi. No other company squeezes every ounce of quality from a cassette like Nakamichi did. The pinnacle of the company was the Dragon cassette deck, which I remembered costing around SGD5000 in the 80s. Their cassette decks are still highly sought after in the used market.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't find anything boring about my SUbie WRX. And that's a Jap car
The Subaru growl is to die for. Sounds just like a sex-starved woman waiting impatiently for your penetration...I couldn't afford a subie then and have to mod my Ford Mondeo with open-pod filter and aftermarket exhaust just to match Subaru's signature growl. :laugh:
Crazy how much money I spent on my car then just to own it for 10 years....those money could easily add up to many holidays overseas. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Nakamichi overengineers everything. It's basically the Lexus of Hi-Fi. No other company squeezes every ounce of quality from a cassette like Nakamichi did. The pinnacle of the company was the Dragon cassette deck, which I remembered costing around SGD5000 in the 80s. Their cassette decks are still highly sought after in the used market.

In the 80s, the big car audio brand was Blaupunkt. Wonder what happened to them? I had a Blaupunkt in my car back then with a subwoofer. it would rattle the windshield when i cranked it up. Used to cruise Orchard road with my posse and with the windows down and blasting it. One of my friends had a Blaunpunkt Cockpit. I was so envious of that. All Bimmers were factory installed with Blaupunkts.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the 80s, the big car audio brand was Blaupunkt. Wonder what happened to them? I had a Blaupunkt in my car back then with a subwoofer. it would rattle the windshield when i cranked it up. Used to cruise Orchard road with my posse and with the windows down and blasting it. One of my friends had a Blaunpunkt Cockpit. I was so envious of that. All Bimmers were factory installed with Blaupunkts.
Actually I find Blaupunkt too expensive for what it offers. I spent over 4K in the early 2000s on an Alpine sound system with MP3 (which was still quite new in those days in) with matching power-amp and a ginormus Bazooka bass tube in my boot. When I played "Stayin' Alive" by the Bee Gees with just 128Kbps rate, my whole car rattles like hell and I can't hold my sterering wheel steady, and I can feel the bass rumbling through my whole body ! :laugh:

external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nakamichi is no longer the Nakamichi of old, just like Hasselblad. Both owned by tiongs now without any of its former prestigious pedigree left in them.
after tiong takeover, nakamichi is now kanimakichi. if sinkie owned it will be known as knnbccb.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Actually I find Blaupunkt too expensive for what it offers. I spent over 4K in the early 2000s on an Alpine sound system with MP3 (which was still quite new in those days in) with matching power-amp and a ginormus Bazooka bass tube in my boot. When I played "Stayin' Alive" by the Bee Gees with just 128Kbps rate, my whole car rattles like hell and I can't hold my sterering wheel steady, and I can feel the bass rumbling through my whole body ! :laugh:

View attachment 107161
On my current Subie, I have 2 subwoofers under both my front seats. they vibrate my ass when i crank it up

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually u got me thinking,,,,,Lexus probably got its design inspiration from Toyota,,because Toyota cars are damn boring,,,when compared with Kim chee cars,,,the kim chees really put alot of emphasis on design,,,it just till date to me,,,Nip cars are still better in reliability and serviceability ...if one wants a real go getter tough as nails vehicles,,the to go for vehicle in ang mor lands is still the classic toyota land cruiser,,,its like being in an 80s car,,,everything damn old fashion and old tech,...but because it doesent have those sensors and made to last,,,its chance of cock ups in extreme terrain is very highly unlikely,,,but to drive that vehicle in singkieland is a nightmare,,,with all the start and stops etc,,,just changing gears already sian

Aussie’s hilarious review of $90k ute​

2015 Toyota HiLux revealed

news.com.au
An Aussie tradie’s hilarious critique of his brand new work ute has gone viral, after he joked about the ageing features on the pricey car.
TikTok user CrankyAussie took to the video app to post some footage of his new work ute, that cost the company a whopping $90,000.
The 79 Series Toyota Landcruiser ute has been dubbed the “workhorse” of the Toyota fleet.
The no-nonsense ute has a retro-style interior designed to give drivers the confidence they need in the harsh Australian Outback.
Taking to TikTok, CrankyAussie filmed some of the ute’s hilarious older features, that typically haven’t been seen on cars for years.
“This is our new work ute,” he said on the video.
“They paid $90,000 for this once the trailer’s been put on … and look at that f***ing air con set up.”
The airconditioning controls. Picture: Cranky AussieSource:Supplied
Unlike what would be seen in newer cars, the airconditioning is operated through sliding controls and a dial allowing the driver to change the fan’s strength from low to high.
“What the f**k,” he said, as he turned the controls.
“What is this? Nineteen-ninety-f***ing-three?”
CrankyAussie then turns the camera onto the ute’s steering wheel.
“It’s got a steering wheel that looks like it’s out of a Camry from 2001,” he jokes.
“Where’s me f***ing buttons, you c***s!”
The steering wheel. Picture: Cranky AussieSource:Supplied
CrankyAussie questions the hefty price tag again when he turns the camera to the tiny centre console.
“Look, what do I put in there? A box of TicTacs? Why people buy these f***ing things is f***ing beyond me,” he said.
In a final blow to the no-frills ute, CrankyAussie turns his camera to the passenger side door after spotting the window winder.
“What is that?” he says, laughing.
The centre console. Picture: Cranky AussieSource:Supplied
The manually-operated window. Picture: Cranky AussieSource:Supplied
The 79-series ute model from Toyota has been selling versions of the hardy ute since 1984.
“Toyota’s 70 Series models are deadset bush legends and the 79 Series ute has continuously shown itself to be near-indestructible as a farm tool and go-anywhere off-road tourer, pretty much able to be driven straight out of the showroom and into the wild,” CarsGuide says in its review of the ute.
“It has a huge following of brand-loyal fans due to its no-nonsense looks, quality engineering and long-term reliability.”
The original video has been taken down from TikTok, but not before it was seen more than one million times.