• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$7.40 for kaya toast set deemed “ridiculous” by Singaporeans online

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only low iq sinkies will not take into account the rental, energy and staff fees when looking at food prices,
this is why they cannot start their own business and be successful but complain like whiny child on the internet, while people like me get to earn $$ and invest houses overseas.
They get dumbed down and brain fucked multiple ways.
Successful people don't care about a few dollars.

It is comprehensible that a biz entity would face overhead costs, such as like you mentioned, rental, energy, labour, etc, not to mention a competitive Free Market to survive.

Thus a biz entity would have to be VERY careful on pricing & amenities it offers - to go for quantity or quality, or else the entrepreneurship will fold quickly, even if they have deep pockets. Such is only economics & none needs a PhD to realize such.

The issue is that the biz entity is not some fancy restaurant whereby one would enjoy a quiet breakfast like at Raffles Hotel, or serving Michelin star food, but is just a mere shop space whereby patrons are seated not even half an arms length away, worse than HDB hawker stalls, & yet it dares to charge such high prices for a mere breakfast meal that would had only cost $0.50cts at home to prepare or at most $1.50 with economy of scale in place for a biz concern with overheads to bear.

Singaporeans are not fools, so only those whom have deep pockets would spend there. It is THEIR money & none can criticize. Only thing is that the rich DO NOT get rich by spending, but by SAVINGS & being thrifty with only much carefully considered wise investments.

Fortunately for that biz entity, Singapore is a tourism spot with millions of tourist arrivals each year, & thus their market are the frivolous spendthrift citizens and Tourists. However, tourists too are not fools.

In time they will realize such high costs for a mere hole in the wall establishments & WILL thru social media spread the word of being SHORTCHANGED, & thus sadly, the belief that Singapore is an expensive place to go even for a vacation, harming our economy.....

Last edited:

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is comprehensible that a biz entity would face overhead costs, such as like you mentioned, rental, energy, labour, etc, not to mention a competitive Free Market to survive.

Thus a biz entity would have to be VERY careful on pricing & amenities it offers - to go for quantity or quality, or else the entrepreneurship will fold quickly, even if they have deep pockets. Such is only economics & none needs a PhD to realize such.

The issue is that the biz entity is not some fancy restaurant whereby one would enjoy a quiet breakfast like at Raffles Hotel, or serving Michelin star food, but is just a mere shop space whereby patrons are seated not even half an arms length away, worse than HDB hawker stalls, & yet it dares to charge such high prices for a mere breakfast meal that would had only cost $0.50cts at home to prepare or at most $1.50 with economy of scale in place for a biz concern with overheads to bear.

Singaporeans are not fools, so only those whom have deep pockets would spend there. It is THEIR money & none can criticize. Only thing is that the rich DO NOT get rich by spending, but by SAVINGS & being thrifty with only much carefully considered wise investments.

Fortunately for that biz entity, Singapore is a tourism spot with millions of tourist arrivals each year, & thus their market are the frivolous spendthrift citizens and Tourists. However, tourists too are not fools.

In time they will realize such high costs for a mere hole in the wall establishments & WILL thru social media spread the word of being SHORTCHANGED, & thus sadly, the belief that Singapore is an expensive place to go even for a vacation, harming our economy.....
That is the reality that businesses will only survive if they cater to customers who understand the country they are living in. People whether rich or poor, who cannot fork out a few dollars are simply not cooperating with modern society's rising inflation requirements and are true social outcasts already obsolete.

The rich do not get rich by savings alone but by earning enough money to rise above necessary rising costs of living.

The mind of malnourished skinny poor-looking rich people are probably mentally unstable, suffering from eating disorders, with phobias of losing their money. They should be admitted to IMH asap. Their malnourished skinny penises most likely cannot get hard due to phobia thrifting -- malnourished pussies most likely dry, cracked, wrinkled, no elasticity and very loose.

Last edited:

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only $226/mth for 2 yr membership.

$7.50 a day if you have time to go everyday, slightly more than a $7.40 toast set too expensive for low SES sinkie.

It's your hard earn money, to spend & none should criticize you for it.

Just to share a personal experience on exercise, & none needs to follow:-

No matter how hard the insignificant nobody me had to work to earn a living, I realized that health matters, more so one's body immune system - rest, proper diet & exercise, or else no matter how much wealth I had gained, would only feed medical costs when old age catches up, to keep me alive, to see another beautiful Earthly sunrise & loved ones....

Thus, I would rise each morning at 7am, have a glass of milk, then jog to the nearest estate playground in my estate, whereby thru thankfully to taxpayers funding, such were created not only for kids, but for all with gym workout equipment regardless if in private or public housing estates, with my ear-piece attached to my phone, to exercise the arms, the chest, the abdomen, legs, etc, & then jog back home, changed up & refreshed to face the challenges of work, of a new day....

It costs me nothing. Not even much of my time, as I live a busy lifestyle & have no time to book an appointment, drive, park & mingle with others at private gyms. Such equipment at tax payer funded open housing estate gyms may not be as sophisticated as private gyms, but it does serve its critical purpose - health.

The point is - Many had complained about cost of living & rising costs of living. In the end, each must consider EXACTLY WHAT is cost of living, or was it mere ASPIRASTIONS, to KEEP UP with the Joneses living next door?

You spent hundreds of dollars per month for exercise & health. It is pocket change for you. Good for you. It is your choice.

However my choice, I would rather donate the $2712/yr savings I had gained & much more, to needy charity orgs or contribute to our Nation's progress & evolution.. There is more to life than wealth accumulation...

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Lexus LM MPV is a Japanese luxury car that costs S$651,800.
my24-lexus-lm350h-reimagined-spindle.jpg

i'm talking about normal Jap cars lah.................

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'm talking about normal Jap cars lah.................
This accounts for the lack of fluency in spoken English among the majority of adults in S'pore, in spite of 10 years or more of instruction in an English-medium school environment. Generations of S'poreans enter the working world hampered by their inability to be understood globally.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is the same with cars in SG. I have a few acquaintances who would not be seen dead riding on public transport, so they buy 8 or 9-year-old used cars on the cheap with new plates to give the impression that they are new vehicles.
The losers are those with PHV stickers

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sc...ordability-reckoning-run-high-stakes-election

Singapore’s PAP faces housing affordability reckoning in run-up to high-stakes election​

• Voters ‘priced out’ of Singapore’s housing market could yet deliver a harsh verdict on the government’s handling of the affordability crunch

As concerns grow over housing affordability in Singapore, the government’s latest cooling measures reflect an urgent need to stabilise the market ahead of a high-stakes election, with experts warning that dissatisfaction over rising costs could become a pivotal issue.

“The angst, anxiety and anger that we are witnessing will be further stoked when the general election comes around,” said Eugene Tan, a law professor from the Singapore Management University.

“It will be part of the narrative that Singapore has become less egalitarian, more expensive, increasingly elitist.”

Last week, the Singapore government unveiled yet another round of measures aimed at cooling the housing market – the fourth such intervention since December 2021 – as part of efforts to ensure that public housing flats, home to around 80 per cent of the population, remain affordable and equitably distributed.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha
Singkie deserve to be fucked.
Even your HDB is so Fucking expensive and now the Peasant food costs you $7.40 per set.

Hahaha. Singkie deserve it
That is why $20 cheekon rice is not-too-distant de woh :smile:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This accounts for the lack of fluency in spoken English among the majority of adults in S'pore, in spite of 10 years or more of instruction in an English-medium school environment. Generations of S'poreans enter the working world hampered by their inability to be understood globally.

aiyah..................some things no need to explain so clearly what.................that clown obviously is dumb.............

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We pay $7.40 at Toast Box and know we will get something in return. We may spend the same amount of money at the Tote Board, but receive nothing back. Hahaha!

There are some who spent $1 at the tote board but won back $1 million. Don't be jealous just because you didn't win.