• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

3g works in the most crowded places in HK, my Singtel and Starthub lines don't. WHY?

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm finally in the Hong Kong airport waiting for my flight. Spent 4 days here used my iPhone throughout and even now without any problem with connection. Even in the most crowded MTR train and station I did not have any connection problem, I really mean never. Even in any tunnel no problem still able to surf the net and post.

When I am in Singapore very often in the MRT train the speed is agonizingly slow and often experience time-out. Even if it is not that crowded. What is the reason? I mean Singapore is supposed to be what, Communications Hub, IT Hub, Computer Hub all the fucking hub names you can think of. I don't hear Hong Kong always singing the hub song.

See these hongkongers happily using their phones and many watching videos too. I really enjoyed the Hong Kong system (CSL by the way)

D5AA7E2E-76DA-48E4-8324-A306A99289E3-665-00000012577C91DB_zps021bad94.jpg

By the way I noticed more Samsung Galaxy (S and Notes) than iPhones

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 3g works in the most crowded places in HK, my Singtel and Starthub lines don't. W

I'm finally in the Hong Kong airport waiting for my flight. Spent 4 days here used my iPhone throughout and even now without any problem with connection. Even in the most crowded MTR train and station I did not have any connection problem, I really mean never. Even in any tunnel no problem still able to surf the net and post.

When I am in Singapore very often in the MRT train the speed is agonizingly slow and often experience time-out. Even if it is not that crowded. What is the reason? I mean Singapore is supposed to be what, Communications Hub, IT Hub, Computer Hub all the fucking hub names you can think of. I don't hear Hong Kong always singing the hub song.

See these hongkongers happily using their phones and many watching videos too. I really enjoyed the Hong Kong system (CSL by the way)

D5AA7E2E-76DA-48E4-8324-A306A99289E3-665-00000012577C91DB_zps021bad94.jpg

Now u know meh!! Singapore infrastructure lousy and overpriced. Other countries have overtaken us long ago.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 3g works in the most crowded places in HK, my Singtel and Starthub lines don't. W

dunno about their 3G, 4G networks but if what you say is true then obviously sg is fucked up. As for more samsung phones compared to iphones sg has an increase in samsung phone usage just that some ppl bought their iphones on plans and if it has not expired they most likely won't buy a new phone that's why u see ppl still using iphones.

TeamDrifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

dunno about their 3G, 4G networks but if what you say is true then obviously sg is fucked up. As for more samsung phones compared to iphones sg has an increase in samsung phone usage just that some ppl bought their iphones on plans and if it has not expired they most likely won't buy a new phone that's why u see ppl still using iphones.

Fucking nigger calling genuine contributor a liar.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

3g did not work in london as well, basically it depend on where you are, maybe they are just playing games or reading an ebook.

TeamDrifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Since when did i call him a liar learn how to discern go back to primary 1 and study engrish understand nigger.

Sorry boss I am an idiot and as usual talking rubbish. Slap my own face. :(

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

3g did not work in london as well, basically it depend on where you are, maybe they are just playing games or reading an ebook.

It also depends on your telco. In London, 3 has the best 3G network, their infrastructure was built for 3G and beyond. EE claim to have a good 4G LTE signal in most major cities but general feedback from customers is that it is no better than T-Mobile/Orange 3G (its predecessor).

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

nobody gives a shit to iphone now... this is samsung era... iphones are for outdated losers.

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Now in aircraft so many people around me logged in using their smartphones I can still come into post. If I'm in Changi now I dare bet I will not be able to post or post with frustration.

Ok let's be objective here - why its more difficult for Singtel and Starhub users to use the internet when there is a crowd in Sinkapore? This is the real question can we answer or are sinkies being fucked again here?

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Now in aircraft so many people around me logged in using their smartphones I can still come into post. If I'm in Changi now I dare bet I will not be able to post or post with frustration.

Ok let's be objective here - why its more difficult for Singtel and Starhub users to use the internet when there is a crowd in Sinkapore? This is the real question can we answer or are sinkies being fucked again here?

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

See even with only 1 level in the runway still can post. Fuck sinkie service providers

7F012590-D7CD-4E08-B815-A2DBE540C542-513-00000011E435480C_zps63e764cf.jpg

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i can post and access network on m1 inside the airport.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

sinkies are fucked again and again because ... you know why??? HK pple got balls to protest.. that is why they got good service providers..

Sinkies are ball-less... so they get 2nd rated shit... that is just part of nature....

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i tried to get my 3G at the world number 1 airport, incheon international airport, it just keep crashing.
So, based on one experience, is korea telco shit?

No, it depend where you are, what telco you are connected to.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Singapore definition of connectivity is you have connection. Good bad is different issue. One base unit shared by a million is also connected.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

U mean u DON'T know u r being fucked by the telcos??? U football fan or not? If u r, u know what I mean when we say we r being fucked left right top bottom!! U take a look at our cable offerings and prices and compare to our neighbors. And I haven't started on 3G/4G yet!!

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

U mean u DON'T know u r being fucked by the telcos??? U football fan or not? If u r, u know what I mean when we say we r being fucked left right top bottom!! U take a look at our cable offerings and prices and compare to our neighbors. And I haven't started on 3G/4G yet!!

Oh no. I'm afraid I'm not a football fan. Only watch documentary channels.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hk cellular coverage super good due to intense competition. she's the 1st city that i know of that implemented multi-storey microcell coverage and cell splits among high rises. they also saturate the underground and tunnels with distributed antenna systems. now they are using a lot of remote radio heads connected with fiber.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hk cellular coverage super good due to intense competition. she's the 1st city that i know of that implemented multi-storey microcell coverage and cell splits among high rises. they also saturate the underground and tunnels with distributed antenna systems. now they are using a lot of remote radio heads connected with fiber.

That's the key word. Competition. Unlike Singapore's 'left hand vs right hand' pseudo competition.

The current CEO of Sinktel is a Familee relative. I rest my case.

When it comes to telco services, Singapore is the worst among the 'four tigers of Asia'.