• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

154th: Good Time to Upgrade Property! U Agree?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Bad time to buy? It was the best time to upgrade
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
ST_IMAGES_DYBUYER.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Ms Sharona Lee and husband Loh Yew Hoe bought a condo in Yio Chu Kang last year so it would be easier to drop off little Rachel at her grandmother's. -- ST PHOTO: MUGILAN RAJASEGERAN
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->It could not wait. Tired of ferrying their two-year-old daughter Rachel between their parents' place in Ang Mo Kio and their Jurong West home daily, the Lohs decided that it was time to uproot.
And thus began their search for a new home in the Ang Mo Kio area last year.
'We knew it's not the best climate to buy property, but baby-sitting concerns were our utmost priority. This area also has some good schools, which will be timely for when Rachel grows up,' said Mr Loh Yew Hoe, 31, who works in a bank.
He and his wife, financial adviser Sharona Lee, 28, visited at least 20 HDB flats and condominium units in the neighbourhood before they finally settled on a two-bedroom unit in Seasons Park along Yio Chu Kang Road.
Said Mr Loh, who paid about $600,000 for the 1,100 sq ft unit last November: 'As Ang Mo Kio is a very popular place to live in, most of the five-room HDB flats we viewed were valued at about $500,000 and going for around $50,000 to $80,000 above valuation.'
The Lohs moved into their new home two weeks ago. Their place is now a five-minute walk to Ms Lee's mother's flat in Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5, compared to the 40-minute drive from Jurong West before.
It was also opportune timing, said Mr Loh, that the HDB resale market was still buoyant while they were selling off their HDB flat last year. The five-room flat, which the Lohs bought in 2004, sold for about double the price they bought it for. Citing the 10 per cent to 15 per cent drop in private property prices, particularly in the suburban areas, in the last year, Mr Loh said: 'If I bought an HDB flat, I would be selling high and buying high, so I consider buying private property a better choice.'

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>I would be selling high and buying high, so I consider buying private property a better choice.'<<<

The alternative is to rent right? Another case of overpaid banking goondus?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Price is right for second home (?!)
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->Despite industry talk that it isn't the wisest time to buy property right now, shipbuilding subcontractor Michael Chee, 52, brazenly went ahead with his search for a new pad.
He had only two criteria: It had to be easily accessible by public transport and it had to be cheap.
He said of his recent purchase, a three-bedroom unit in Northvale condominium located opposite the Choa Chu Kang MRT station: 'If I had a car, the location wouldn't have mattered to me, but I don't have a driving licence so I prefer to live near an MRT station or a bus interchange.
'I don't want to waste so much time on travelling and waiting for feeder buses. Time is money too.'

=> U call this world-class public transport system?

He paid about $640,000 for the 1,350 sq ft apartment last month and plans to move in in June.
'HDB prices are so high. If I buy an HDB flat near the MRT station, I will have to pay at least $450,000. I might as well pay a bit more and get to experience living in a condominium,' he said.

Huat Ah!

The condominium unit is his first private property purchase.
The family now lives in a five-room HDB flat in Choa Chu Kang.
[COLOR=_______]His eldest child, a 26-year-old, will continue to live there with her husband and one-year-old daughter while he, his wife, a 50-year-old housewife, their 23-year-old daughter and 20-year-old son will move to the condominium.[/COLOR]

=> Forced to eat soft rice due to the Papayas' economic genocide against citizens?

'The search took only a few weeks because I was sure I wanted to buy an older condominium,' said Mr Chee.
'We went to see some new condominiums, but you have to make decisions based on drawings that may not be accurate and then you still have to wait a long time for it to be completed before you can move in.'
He paid half of the cost of the condominium up front from his savings and took a bank loan to finance the other half.
He said he has no plans to sell the HDB flat for now.
'With the economy in this state, at least[COLOR=_______] if something happens to my job, I still have the HDB flat to fall back on. I could at least sell or mortgage it if I need the cash for the condominium payment,' he said.[/COLOR]

=> Bare enough to survive, but die die wanna buy condo?!
On advice from others not to buy property now, he said: 'Why should I listen to others? Buying a house is a personal thing. It is up to your needs. If you like the place, the owners are willing to sell, the price is okay and you can afford to buy it, then why not?'

=> Nice work, 154th!

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>>I would be selling high and buying high, so I consider buying private property a better choice.'<<<

The alternative is to rent right? Another case of overpaid banking goondus?

You're right. That gongkia and his so-called financial advisor wife never heard of Jim Rogers aa? Rent until prices drop shiok shiok, then buy and save tons of money.

This kind of people are giving financial advice! Woh!

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're right. That gongkia and his so-called financial advisor wife never heard of Jim Rogers aa? Rent until prices drop shiok shiok, then buy and save tons of money.

This kind of people are giving financial advice! Woh!

propaganda sh!t. Wait till they get retrenched then cow peh cow bu no money. alot of these "positive " fairy tales are actually feeble attempts by property developers to stimulate a dyiing market. They said this same story last year esp Mr Kwek and the Simple Simon guy from Jan 2008 till mid 2008 telling everyone to buy as lowest!!!! See how sentosa caves has lost 50% of value overnight. auction and still nobody wants. Heard alot of bankrupts there and horror stories of developer refusing to back out of Sales and purchase agreement.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
propaganda sh!t. Wait till they get retrenched then cow peh cow bu no money. alot of these "positive " fairy tales are actually feeble attempts by property developers to stimulate a dyiing market. They said this same story last year esp Mr Kwek and the Simple Simon guy from Jan 2008 till mid 2008 telling everyone to buy as lowest!!!! See how sentosa caves has lost 50% of value overnight. auction and still nobody wants. Heard alot of bankrupts there and horror stories of developer refusing to back out of Sales and purchase agreement.

Totally agree! Can't believe these are financial advisers. Why can't these idiots just rent a ppty? Not say their ppty so damn unique and rare!

You can save tons of money buying 2 years later when 20,000 plus new condos flood the market & more and more FTs get sent home!

Really a bunch of idiots! BUY!BUY!BUY!

Even Jim Rogers multi-billionaire also feel spore ppty over-priced and he just rent!

Nice try SPH trying to influence Sillyporeans to buy again!