• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2014 Thread...

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
uncle, what is 1/4 ball?

1/4 is misleading, it does not make complete sense, especially if it comes to 1.75 ball

It should be level-half to make it more understandable.:cool:

More challenging is if one is to eat level-half-1 ball becomes what ? 1/3 ball ?

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From another thread :p

World Cup Refund?
After Nigeria was eliminated from the World Cup, the Nigerian captain
personally offered to refund all the expenses of fans that travelled to
Brazil.

He said all these people have to do is to “ email him their bank account details and pin numbers
to complete the transaction.

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kelong again this sunday?

10430877_10152144852412115_1563777039875974406_n.jpg

We Germans are incorruptible.
No amount of money can buy us over.
We are strictly professional and we will
Lift the World Cup within 90 mins of fair and robust soccer.

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
2403444_large-lnd.jpg

On track for a second consecutive adidas Golden Boot, Germany’s Thomas Muller is the leading light in Joachim Low’s side. With his fifth goal of these finals against Brazil, he took his place among a fabulous five of his countrymen (Miroslav Klose, Gerd Muller, Jurgen Klinsmann and Helmut Rahn) to reach double figures at the FIFA World Cup™.

There is one undisputed star for Argentina. The four-time FIFA Ballon d’Or winner Lionel Messi hopes to take his place among the pantheon of World Cup greats with an Argentina win in the Maracana. Will it be La Albiceleste’s No10 or Die Nationalmannschaft’s No13 who take the honours? FIFA.com takes a look at the numbers behind the stars ahead of their World Cup Final showdown.

will either one of them decide which team will win the world cup ???

or is there an underdog elsewhere?

my gut feeling is Klose will SCORE AND WIN FOR GERMANY!!!! i have been watching and admiring this fantastic player who can
score from anywhere...his powerful legs and his powerful head too....KLOSE TO SCORE THE WORLD CUP VICTORY FOR GERMANY!!!

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
World Cup winners to receive $35 million in prize money, what did the US get?
Joe Prince-Wright Jul 10, 2014, 12:54 PM EDT
8 Comments
Sepp Blatter
AP
With the 2014 World Cup tournament almost over, now is a good time to have a look around and see how much money teams have won for their performances during the tournament.

That’s right, Sepp Blatter has got his checkbook out. Happy days.

As set out by FIFA back in December 2013 the winners, either Germany or Argentina, will receive $35 million in prize money from soccer’s world governing body. The total amount of prize money rose by a whopping 37 percent to $576 million for the 2014 tournament from the $420 million handed out during South Africa 2010.

[ RELATED: WC final set, Argentina-Germany ]

Even the runner up will bag $25 million, while Brazil and the Netherlands will battle it out in the third place match for a cool $22 million… the loser, and subsequent fourth place team, still get $20 million.

So, what about the USA? What did Jurgen Klinsmann’s men earn after their hard-fought journey to the round of 16?

$9 million.

Every team who got knocked out of the round of 16 made $9 million. As for those teams who made the quarterfinal stage, they each received $14 million. So, in theory, the U.S. were a Chris Wondolowski chance away from bagging an extra $5 million in prize money. Too soon?

$9 million isn’t bad though, right? Coupled with the $1.5 million FIFA gave all 32 nations for ‘preparation costs’ I’d say that the U.S. Soccer Federation certainly did okay out of qualifying for the 2014 World Cup. Plus, look at all the sponsorship deals the U.S. signed and everything else that comes with enhanced exposure after the record TV numbers.

However, here is where it gets interesting. The 16 nations who were knocked out at the group stages, how much do you think they got? The answer is $8 million.

So even if the U.S. felt like they made a monumental leap forward, prestige wise, in qualifying from the ‘group of death’ and making the knockout rounds, they only received $1 million more than Cameroon, Honduras or Australia who all finished bottom of their groups without a single point in the tournament.

Does that seem a little unfair? Perhaps. Regardless, if FIFA is dishing out prize money, it don’t see any teams complaining.

Anyway, here is the list in full as to how much money each team made from the 2014 World Cup. Do you think this is the fairest way of splitting up the humongous pot of money? Any other suggestions?

PRIZE MONEY WON AT 2014 WORLD CUP

1. TBD – $35 million

2. TBD – $25 million

3. TBD – $22 million

4. TBD – $20 million

5. Colombia - $14 million

6. Belgium - $14 million

7. France - $14 million

8. Costa Rica – $14 million

*** ELIMINATED AT ROUND OF 16 ***

9. Chile - $9 million

10. Mexico - $9 million

11. Switzerland - $9 million

12. Uruguay - $9 million

13. Greece - $9 million

14. Algeria - $9 million

15. USA - $9 million

16. Nigeria – $9 million

*** ELIMINATED IN GROUP STAGE ***

17. Ecuador - $8 million

18. Portugal - $8 million

19. Croatia - $8 million

20. Bosnia - $8 million

21. Ivory Coast - $8 million

22. Italy - $8 million

23. Spain - $8 million

24. Russia - $8 million

25. Ghana - $8 million

26. England - $8 million

27. South Korea - $8 million

28. Iran - $8 million

29. Japan - $8 million

30. Australia - $8 million

31. Honduras - $8 million

32. Cameroon – $8 million

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/10/world-cup-winners-to-receive-35-million-in-prize-money-what-did-the-us-get/

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
brazil-netherlands-600x338.jpg

I hate to burst the bubble of Brazil fans and South Americans looking forward to watching Saturday’s Third Place Final between Netherlands and Brazil, but most of the world couldn’t care about the game.

The game is a glorified friendly, and it always has been and always will.

In future years, few people will remember who finished third in the 2014 FIFA World Cup. Winning a third place medal has little to no meaning to the footballers or the majority of soccer fans.

For Brazil, today, it’s a chance to finish the tournament on a positive note, and to try to finish the tournament with their heads held high.

For Netherlands, it’s a game that doesn’t mean anything. The footballers will not want to get injured for the upcoming club season, so you’re not going to see the committed tackles you would normally see in a typical World Cup game. Plus, you’re likely to see some players start today that haven’t had much playing time this tournament.

Here are the thoughts of Netherlands manager Louis Van Gaal regarding today’s game:

”I think that this match should never be played.
I’ve been saying this for 10 years. But anyway, we will just have to play that match.”

Netherlands star striker Arjen Robben was asked how he felt about playing in the Third Place Final. He responded:
”They can keep it.
“Only one prize counts and that is becoming world champion.”

I agree with both Robben and Van Gaal.

I’ll be watching the Third Place game because I love soccer and it’s my job, but it’s one of those games that are completely meaningless. The result means nothing. Yet, FIFA continues to play the game every four years.

The Third Place Final kicks off at 4pm ET today between Netherlands and Brazil on ESPN and Univision.

Read more at http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/07/...s-completely-meaningless/#WvqyVJE7MpBB8X2R.99

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST_20140712_SPTNEY_487136e.jpg

3rd place play-off: Brazil v Netherlands

BRASILIA - Neymar has called on his Brazil team-mates to salvage some of their battered pride by beating the Netherlands in today's third-place play-off.

He sobbed on live television as he talked about the fractured vertebra that forced him to miss the semi-final drubbing by Germany, claiming that he could have been paralysed by the challenge from Colombia's Juan Camilo Zuniga.

"If I had been struck two centimetres lower, I could have been in a wheelchair," the 22-year-old said, wiping his eyes, before revealing that Zuniga had phoned to apologise. "I bear no grudges."

Although he missed Brazil's 1-7 humiliation with injury, Neymar was dragged into the inquest when his agent, Wagner Ribeiro, tweeted a devastating critique of Luiz Felipe Scolari calling the Brazil coach "an old jerk, arrogant, repulsive and ridiculous".

The forward said: "I don't agree with what he said and if I see him today, I'll shout at him."

Today's match could prove to be Scolari's last in charge.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sp...-rallies-troops-20140712#sthash.L8w1WMdn.dpuf