• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Winning back Aljunied is impossible

atham

Alfrescian
Loyal
With heaps of foreign workers. It worse than low SES. It's a slum
Slum, Yes agreed. However we can't deny the high rental. My msian col rented a shared room there. $450! 2 in the room $900. Landlord is a msian, PR. "Specialized" in renting room out. $2700 a month for full house, cctv everywhere the hse so tenant can't suku suku laid in the living room when owner not at home.. owner seldom come back as they hv property in jb.
This open another can of worms lol.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Slum, Yes agreed. However we can't deny the high rental. My msian col rented a shared room there. $450! 2 in the room $900. Landlord is a msian, PR. "Specialized" in renting room out. $2700 a month for full house, cctv everywhere the hse so tenant can't suku suku laid in the living room when owner not at home.. owner seldom come back as they hv property in jb.
This open another can of worms lol.
Heaps of m&ds n other foreigners benefit from pap policies

atham

Alfrescian
Loyal
Always tot hougang was a opposition strong hold because the people there are middle class and educated and left wing...turns out it's just a bunch of peasants and coolies that got pissed off by something PAP did 40 donkey years ago....no wonder nex always looked like a peasant coolie hub to me....

Sigh...looks like the evidence is undeniable,they only truly vote against PAP if they are affected directly.
As you mentioned its 40 years ago. What pap did bad to their lives may hv mostly forgotten. The crucial part is how wp can still hold on to hougang for that long?
LTK nv lost any seats he won. This guy is a sincere guy. He gets a truck to patrol his ward every single block everyday. Whenever they saw a wake at the void deck, they will send out a wreath. If LTK is free, he will even be present to provide his condolences, ppl get most touched in times like these.
this is just one of the many things he did for his ward.
I hv a testimony on Sylvia lim too, related by one of her residents whom was grateful to her. Sylvia attended a wake (could be a wp policy? to visit wakes whenever possible to provide comfort n relief to the family) knowing that the deceased family needed supported, few days after the wake, Sylvia pop up at the family home and asked if they needed any form of help.
Many 70% may says this is wawang, but do papies mp even bother to do such wayang? Do they hv the TIME to wayang given their commitment to money making for themselves. With 10s over directorship waiting for their attention.

atham

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the peasants & middle grounds will choose to have jobs over their HDB flats value.

后港人 ... 你们是新加坡人的英雄 :biggrin:
Sad to realise that every Singaporean hope to see hero anywhere but in their own ward.

Hopefully more ppl become hero n cheong.. best a few wards taken by oppies n make pap scare so will release some goodies to us.
BUT our own ward we want pap, anything screw up in our life can get mp write letter. Pap mp letter more powerful than oppies n will build a better infrastructure, my flat price will up.
人家充當英雄,咱們坐壁上观。
有著這樣的思想,新加坡人可能不自取滅亡嗎?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As you mentioned its 40 years ago. What pap did bad to their lives may hv mostly forgotten. The crucial part is how wp can still hold on to hougang for that long?
LTK nv lost any seats he won. This guy is a sincere guy. He gets a truck to patrol his ward every single block everyday. Whenever they saw a wake at the void deck, they will send out a wreath. If LTK is free, he will even be present to provide his condolences, ppl get most touched in times like these.
this is just one of the many things he did for his ward.
I hv a testimony on Sylvia lim too, related by one of her residents whom was grateful to her. Sylvia attended a wake (could be a wp policy? to visit wakes whenever possible to provide comfort n relief to the family) knowing that the deceased family needed supported, few days after the wake, Sylvia pop up at the family home and asked if they needed any form of help.
Many 70% may says this is wawang, but do papies mp even bother to do such wayang? Do they hv the TIME to wayang given their commitment to money making for themselves. With 10s over directorship waiting for their attention.

i hope the fate of the future of opposition and this country depends on more than just one guy attending funeral wakes and giving out condolences to strangers and doing the rounds in his own ward,there has to be something more than that.....people has to vote according to their ideals and beliefs and ideology and a hate for PAP just like they do in other countries....liberals and conservatives.......yes a person's character is important but at the same time we got to understand his ideals and beliefs and policies to determine whether or not hes the right person,its ideals and beliefs that shape a country,that makes USA what it is,Canada,australia etc......i mean what if i stay in mountbatten?i have no idea what LTK is up to in his ward,i cannot experience or feel his sincerity,how am i supposed to make my voting decision in my constituency?people's voting choice has to depend more than just who handed out oranges or who gave them ang pows during chinese new year......it has to be based on important issues in this country and what they believe an ideal society should be.......of course there is going to be hardcore right wingers like matrix two from edmw who believes in u reap what u sow,every man for himself.....but thats better than being a IB.

this LTK apparently he has clung on to his ward for more than twenty years,but apparently has done very little to expand his political base outside of hougang?something wrong with his strategy?and i heard wp seems to be the lite version of PAP........judging from their silence and

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
We all want to do good for our country and don’t want our kids to be jobless in next coming 20 years :cool:

Right on. In fact, all Singaporeans desire to, regardless of race, creed or colour. People who stage to fit and fix are the ones who realLEE have the hidden agenda. These are the unscrupulous, cunning intrigants who would stop at nothing to achieve their goals.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad to realise that every Singaporean hope to see hero anywhere but in their own ward.

Hopefully more ppl become hero n cheong.. best a few wards taken by oppies n make pap scare so will release some goodies to us.
BUT our own ward we want pap, anything screw up in our life can get mp write letter. Pap mp letter more powerful than oppies n will build a better infrastructure, my flat price will up.
人家充當英雄,咱們坐壁上观。
有著這樣的思想,新加坡人可能不自取滅亡嗎?

To most Singaporeans, it doesn't matter whether the value of his/her HDB flat is $50,000 or $500,000. It's only a paper value. The higher the value, the primary beneficiary is non other than the PAP-led government and its LEElated LEEches. It's sad that not many are aware of the PAP's golden taps strategy. Make the people feel they are rich, and they will happiLEE pay and pay higher for everything.

Public housing, a caring and competent government will maintain valuation. Unless denouncing citizenship or selling away without replacing, Singaporeans would benefit more and live more comfortably if the pricing is between $50,000 and $80,000. Singaporeans should think for themselves and they would understand better.

atham

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hope the fate of the future of opposition and this country depends on more than just one guy attending funeral wakes and giving out condolences to strangers and doing the rounds in his own ward,there has to be something more than that.....people has to vote according to their ideals and beliefs and ideology and a hate for PAP just like they do in other countries....liberals and conservatives.......yes a person's character is important but at the same time we got to understand his ideals and beliefs and policies to determine whether or not hes the right person,its ideals and beliefs that shape a country,that makes USA what it is,Canada,australia etc......i mean what if i stay in mountbatten?i have no idea what LTK is up to in his ward,i cannot experience or feel his sincerity,how am i supposed to make my voting decision in my constituency?people's voting choice has to depend more than just who handed out oranges or who gave them ang pows during chinese new year......it has to be based on important issues in this country and what they believe an ideal society should be.......of course there is going to be hardcore right wingers like matrix two from edmw who believes in u reap what u sow,every man for himself.....but thats better than being a IB.

this LTK apparently he has clung on to his ward for more than twenty years,but apparently has done very little to expand his political base outside of hougang?something wrong with his strategy?and i heard wp seems to be the lite version of PAP........judging from their silence and
Frankly i think wp is better than don't hv kinda thingy, though I can feel his sincerely.

I am a simple guy and can't write bombastically like u did. From a simple man prospective, I would be looking forward to ppl like CST kinda man in the parliament, he dare to speak up almost everything that is not right. He would question until he gets a satisfy answers.
However given the current parliament, if he turn out to be "too outstanding" I am sure he will be "fixed" in no time.
欲加之罪何患无辞. The one in power finds no lack of reason to accuse (frame) his opponent.
It's really difficult for wp to balance between soft and aggressive approach. JB Jeyaretnam is a very good example.
Sometimes I don't blame wp for "hv better than don't hv" kinda party.
LTK shows no threat to Pap, in order to survive, in order to be in parliament to speak up when absolutely necessary.
Pap papa Lee also finds him no threat, thats why leave him alone n even praise him at times. But not for CST..

atham

Alfrescian
Loyal

To most Singaporeans, it doesn't matter whether the value of his/her HDB flat is $50,000 or $500,000. It's only a paper value.
In theory wise i agreed with u WHOLEHEARTEDLY. In realistic term, I did see ppl selling their home at 600k+ n buy another wulu home for 300k+.. Many ppl only see their own temp gain and refused to accept what evil lies ahead. Giving a chicken wing but take back a whole, this saying was invented since 20 to 30 years ago and YET...by knowing ain't enough, the temptation is too good to reject..who cares at a later stage they take back a chicken....not knowing do it in ignorance can be forgiven but knowing what is harmful, yet do it... Sad for Singaporeans...
人造孽不可活

Last edited:

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
In theory wise i agreed with u WHOLEHEARTEDLY. In realistic term, I did see ppl selling their home at 600k+ n buy another wulu home for 300k+.. Many ppl only see their own temp gain and refused to accept what evil lies ahead. Giving a chicken wing but take back a whole, this saying was invented since 20 to 30 years ago and YET...by knowing ain't enough, the temptation is too good to reject..who cares at a later stage they take back a chicken....not knowing do it in ignorance can be given but knowing what is harmful, yet do it... Sad for Singaporeans...
人造孽不可活

A handful, yes, but never the majority.
As for repaying with a whole chicken for a piece of chicken wing, yes it's sad and the people must be awakened to see the real truth.