• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Winning back Aljunied is impossible

atham

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lovely sharing with no hidden agenda. Thank you for the sharing. I respect the many POLITICIANs and talents in SDP. One day, the curse shall be lifted and the frogs shall turn into princes. Mr Chiam ST did not have it easy in his initial years. He was bulLEEd. He persevered and turned into a prince. My best wishes to Mr Chee SJ and team members.
The downside is I am without job after discharged. Base on many policies in fav of ft, it will take sometime b4 I could get a decent job. So overall, i am still cursing all those bad policies lol

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The downside is I am without job after discharged. Base on many policies in fav of ft, it will take sometime b4 I could get a decent job. So overall, i am still cursing all those bad policies lol

That's reality DONE TO many Singaporeans by the PAP. Medisave is our money. PAP makes the people feel as if no money is paid. The PAP has Singaporeans PAID upfront and the people don't have a choice to say NO. Policies like not allowing a person to use his own money in moment of need is questionable and inhumane. Many people are cursing and cursing.

atham

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's reality DONE TO many Singaporeans by the PAP. Medisave is our money. PAP makes the people feel as if no money is paid. The PAP has Singaporeans PAID upfront and the people don't have a choice to say NO. Policies like not allowing a person to use his own money in moment of need is questionable and inhumane. Many people are cursing and cursing.
Its their usually tactics to kill few birds with one stone. Lock cpf,
1. Can used your monies for their own investment.
2. We will not be able to spend all b4 we die, gv us slowly, so there wun be sociable problem, thus saving social welfare packet. ( same for charity show, u pay more the country social welfare save pocket)
3. Foreigners see sg no beggers or homeless ppl, say it's govt very welfare very good. Even hk got ppl slp under bridge n jp got ppl slp live in tentage at parks.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its their usually tactics to kill few birds with one stone. Lock cpf,
1. Can used your monies for their own investment.
2. We will not be able to spend all b4 we die, gv us slowly, so there wun be sociable problem, thus saving social welfare packet. ( same for charity show, u pay more the country social welfare save pocket)
3. Foreigners see sg no beggers or homeless ppl, say it's govt very welfare very good. Even hk got ppl slp under bridge n jp got ppl slp live in tentage at parks.

Yes, these are what the scheming, self-serving PAP LEEders have DONE TO Singaporeans. It will come in useful. Thank you.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u really believe the bullshit teochew factor the govt approved media was sprouting over the years? I lived in punggol and was forced relocated to hougang in early 80s. most hougang electorate were from punggol. if u check GE result over the years, punggol voters voted resoundingly to pap since 1965. so why in 1991, the voters turned against pap?

the real reason was after forced relocation, many lost their only mean of income and fell into hardship. being illiterate or not kangtang speakers, many find it difficult to find work. Only jobs available were low paying manual work, while being farmers or fishermen also hardwork but the income were better and also can live off the land and sea. Moving to hdb mean everything also must pay. To make matter worse, they see their old lands abandoned(land bank) without development so many were bitter why they kenna forced out with only pittance compensation. so in 1991, 53% voted for WP LTK as a protest vote. I still remember watching the rally at the ave 5 park jogging track while LTK spoke on top of a lorry that was parked in blk 326 carpark. He was an unknown then so why 53% voted for him, a swing vote of 12% from 1988 result? life was really hard during 1980s recession and the ex-punggolites suffer the brunt of it.

by the way, I not teochew. my old man and mom voted for LTK in 91 and never look back.

it the same thing as the old chengsan estate which is practically also hougang. but the main dialect group in chengsan is hokkien, not teochew, so cannot use the teochew factor as a reason to explain why WP is popular over there.

Always tot hougang was a opposition strong hold because the people there are middle class and educated and left wing...turns out it's just a bunch of peasants and coolies that got pissed off by something PAP did 40 donkey years ago....no wonder nex always looked like a peasant coolie hub to me....

Sigh...looks like the evidence is undeniable,they only truly vote against PAP if they are affected directly.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the peasants & middle grounds will choose to have jobs over their HDB flats value.

后港人 ... 你们是新加坡人的英雄 :biggrin:

Last edited:

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Always tot hougang was a opposition strong hold because the people there are middle class and educated and left wing...turns out it's just a bunch of peasants and coolies that got pissed off by something PAP did 40 donkey years ago....no wonder nex always looked like a peasant coolie hub to me....

Sigh...looks like the evidence is undeniable,they only truly vote against PAP if they are affected directly.

The people from Punggol only formed a small segment of the new Hougang then. Your second part, highlighted in red. surfaced out a very valid correlation between voting decision and personal feeling. Healthy Food for Thought.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the peasants & middle grounds will choose to have jobs over their HDB flats value.

后港人 ... 你们是新加坡人的英雄 :biggrin:

Agree. Having a secure job is always a primary concern of all family members, especially the head of a family. Flat value is invisible when the house is for the sole purpose of having a home to stay in.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We all want to do good for our country and don’t want our kids to be jobless in next coming 20 years :cool:

Its pertinent to have a job. We also need a home. But cost of hdb flats keep escalating. I wonder how MIW gonna solve skyrocketed prices of pigeon holes. The prices simply cant match with those low salaries tat sinkies are drawing.

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its pertinent to have a job. We also need a home. But cost of hdb flats keep escalating. I wonder how MIW gonna solve skyrocketed prices of pigeon holes. The prices simply cant match with those low salaries tat sinkies are drawing.

I do a quick check on HDB website and the 4-rooms flat BTO at non-mature towns are selling around $300,000 excluding grants.

For young couples, these are still manageable :tongue:

atham

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do a quick check on HDB website and the 4-rooms flat BTO at non-mature towns are selling around $300,000 excluding grants.

For young couples, these are still manageable :tongue:
Those town are wulu until don't know what to say...
I once visited such a town. I took the North South line, change to LRT then took another feeder bus. Its madness! it's a world by themselves, the lifts was beautifully designed machiam condo standard, their corridors is big enough to set up 3 marjong tables!
Where my new neighbourhood near town built barely 5 yrs, we had got a norm lift, if you straighten both hands they almost touches both side of the corridors wall. Its not the land expensive issue, the bloody hdb can plant many little trees surrounding the flats but unwilling to use these space to make a bigger corridors! And cost approx 700k!
Their intention was cleared, if you want cheap, nice n big, F off to wulu town!
And don't u think sg is small no matter how wulu, after 1 or 2 decades, will definitely became developed n property will up. This is where we absolutely wrong! Just look at bt batok, my childhood "sweetheart" shifted there 20 yrs ago. The flats price is way below town.

Last edited:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I once visited such a town. I took the North South line change to LRT then took another feeder bus. Its madness! it's a world by themselves, the lifts was beautifully designed machiam condo standard, their corridors is big enough to set up 3 marjong tables!
Where my new neighbourhood near town built barely 5 yrs, we we got a norm lift, if your straighten both hand almost touches both end of the corridors walk. Its not the land expensive issue, the bloody hdb can plant many little trees surrounding the flats but unwilling to use these space to make a bigger corridors! And cost approx 700k!
Their was cleared, if you want cheap, nice n big, F off to wulu town!
And don't u think sg is small no matter how wulu, after 1 or 2 decades, will definitely became developed n property will up. This is where. This kinda thinking is absolutely wrong! Just look at bt batok, my childhood "sweetheart" shifted there 20 yrs ago. The flats price is way below town.
Bukit batok is low SES area..so price sure no good. But it's a much better place than Jurong West n west coast. Really the arse end ulu shit place

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
I once visited such a town. I took the North South line change to LRT then took another feeder bus. Its madness! it's a world by themselves, the lifts was beautifully designed machiam condo standard, their corridors is big enough to set up 3 marjong tables!
Where my new neighbourhood near town built barely 5 yrs, we we got a norm lift, if your straighten both hand almost touches both end of the corridors walk. Its not the land expensive issue, the bloody hdb can plant many little trees surrounding the flats but unwilling to use these space to make a bigger corridors! And cost approx 700k!
Their was cleared, if you want cheap, nice n big, F off to wulu town!
And don't u think sg is small no matter how wulu, after 1 or 2 decades, will definitely became developed n property will up. This is where. This kinda thinking is absolutely wrong! Just look at bt batok, my childhood "sweetheart" shifted there 20 yrs ago. The flats price is way below town.

Based on you said, so you bought a resale flat at mature estate (city area) for approx 700k ?

And not advisable to apply new BTO flat at very wulu towns.

You rather pay much more for places like Tiong Bahru, Toa Payoh, Eunos or Boon Keng ? :sick:

atham

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on you said, so you bought a resale flat at mature estate (city area) for approx 700k ?

And not advisable to apply new BTO flat at very wulu towns.

You rather pay much more for places like Tiong Bahru, Toa Payoh, Eunos or Boon Keng ? :sick:
My humble advise is neutral. Its depend on what we desire in lives, to saracifice conveniency to save up for future kids use or retirement. Or getting a bto near town so that the whole family is easy to access to town, especially for children turning teenagers. They may want to meet their peers in town n going back home late is not advisable. To an extreme example, some sillyporeans move to jb to save cost, they children woke up early just to come sin for study.