• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will Tan Kin Lian run for president this time?

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Former NTUC Income chief Tan Kin Lian indicated in the past that he might be interested in run for president.

So far there seems to be no news about him.

Will he run for president this time?

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Former NTUC Income chief Tan Kin Lian indicated in the past that he might be interested in run for president.

So far there seems to be no news about him.

Will he run for president this time?

Why you want this lau cheebye to be SG president?

Did he do anything for Sinkies when he was CEO of INCOME??????

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why you want this lau cheebye to be SG president?

Did he do anything for Sinkies when he was CEO of INCOME??????

Back then he was still a PAP man. No much to expect from him.

I don't know what happened after he left but he had since aligned himself with the opposition. Maybe doing so may boost his chances of becoming president.

Right now it seems he is pretty quiet about this.

HulkSmash

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't know what happened after he left but he had since aligned himself with the opposition. Maybe doing so may boost his chances of becoming president.

TKL is not an accountant. He's actually an Actuary. Very credible and highly possible if he enters the arena.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems the best way forward is to join PAP for a few terms and get public profile. Then after that, leave and start posting some alternative views online. After that, voila, your political stature becomes higher than LTK or CSM. Not trying to stir shit but its something that I have noticed... not sure if thats a good thing. IE opposition supporters embracing ex-PAPsters so willingly. Will take developments with a pinch of salt and adopt a wait and see attitude.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

Murderer for 30 years and Monk for 2 years

Enough to trick Sinkies?????????????

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems the best way forward is to join PAP for a few terms and get public profile. Then after that, leave and start posting some alternative views online. After that, voila, your political stature becomes higher than LTK or CSM. Not trying to stir shit but its something that I have noticed... not sure if thats a good thing. IE opposition supporters embracing ex-PAPsters so willingly. Will take developments with a pinch of salt and adopt a wait and see attitude.

Are you referring to Scroobal ?

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
TKL does in fact qualify for the presidential post. I'm pretty sure he's interested to be the President but something's holding him back. My guess is he has some skeletons in his closet.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think any who is eligible and has the interest should run for Presidency.

However voting should not be made compulsory for the President Election. Let those who are interested do the voting. Those not interested should not be forced to do so.

Tan Cheng Bok will not win the President Election.
George Yeo will not win the President Election.
Tan Kin Lian will not win the President Election.
Andrew Kuan will not win the President Election.

Still one of them or any others will win the Election. Let the voters decide. The President post is hardly crucial to our welfare as it is a non-political post and for a President to comment on government policy is inappropriate unless such responsibility falls under his purview.

My preference is for Lee Kuan Yew to assume the post of President. But then sometimes his words can cause a diplomatic row and because of that, I have my reservations. George Yeo will make a good President as he has the poise, stature and experience in foreign relations to carry the post through and make a good impression for Singapore in the eyes of other nations.

I am not sure about Tan Cheng Bok whom I have on good authority grows orchids and keep kois. Tan Kin Lian and Leong Sze Hian may be good President-materials.

Since we are at this topic, why not Lim Hwee Hua? It will certainly appease the women's wing of the PAP and AWARE.

So many choices. All I am voting is that voting is not compulsory.

cobragold

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Kin Lian reported to have taken the nomination forms for president. Hopes he runs for it as he will have alot of support as he is daring enough to ask how much is in the bank, and the PM will shake in his pants.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My preference is for Lee Kuan Yew to assume the post of President. But then sometimes his words can cause a diplomatic row and because of that, I have my reservations. George Yeo will make a good President as he has the poise, stature and experience in foreign relations to carry the post through and make a good impression for Singapore in the eyes of other nations.

Objectively speaking, I agree, George Yeo would make the best president among the candidates simply coz he has relevant experience however I want to see a Non-PAP man as President just to check on the Money. It's been 10 yrs since we've had someone I trust enough to look after the money

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
If dont vote during this presidential election, will our name kenna struck off registra and need to register for future GE?

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
why all the candidates are pap or pap-linked? tan cheng bock was pap. tan kin lian was ntuc, which is also pap! i want peter lim the remiser king to be president! so good with money, sure can watch our reserves. someone else big shot from banking industry also can.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
i want peter lim the remiser king to be president! so good with money, sure can watch our reserves...

Erms... I can assure you that you will not want peter lim to be your president.... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: The skeletons in the closet are so much until you need to buy a whole warehouse to contain :biggrin: