• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why do we need gas attendants in Singapore?

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Running low on gas so got to pull up at the nearest gas station. No gas attendants around so got to do everything myself. No prob. Later got to thinking why we need gas attendants in the first place? When I drive in the US, I have to pump myself and pay by credit card automatically. Petrol already so expensive, why do we need to this cost to it? Of course I realize my suggestions means a lot of Ah Peks may be out of work but this should not distract from my question.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Running low on gas so got to pull up at the nearest gas station. No gas attendants around so got to do everything myself. No prob. Later got to thinking why we need gas attendants in the first place? When I drive in the US, I have to pump myself and pay by credit card automatically. Petrol already so expensive, why do we need to this cost to it? Of course I realize my suggestions means a lot of Ah Peks may be out of work but this should not distract from my question.

wtf, create employment for people u complain?

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
they go in cycles

long time ago: singaporeans were doing the gas work
then with the influx: foreigners too over
then with retrenchments: singaporean uncles returned to work
then they got bored and left: replaced by foreigners again
now a mixture - bored uncles but still foreigners dominate at the gas stations

but this is normal lah

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's what you think. So many blurcocks out there who drive cars do not know how to pump petrol. Some of them, after pumping, forget to take the nozzle out and youtube videos, you can find some blurcocks drive off with the nozzle still stuck into their car's butt hole.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

wtf, create employment for people u complain?

Yes to give sinkies displaced by FTs another option.
Security guards, cleaners, taxi drivers getting a bit boring...

NW basically answered this question very well.

Fuck FT and the fucking 60.1% dumb fucks.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The young and the impressional are almost all raise by maids. You don't expect them to tuck their maids everywhere they go, do you?

A Shankar

Alfrescian
Loyal
There will always be young pretty girls with their nice pedicure nails pulling up to the gas station in a sports car.

You expect them to do the dirty work?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The same question would be asked, why do we need manual car wash?? didn't they convert the manual car wash to automatic & in the past years I noticed convert it back to manual? that means car wash involves people, who will shampoo & wash & dry & do a little polishing of the car?

Why?? have you noticed? to provide employment for the "guess what race", this is the same for petrol (gas) station attendant, to provide employment for the elderly.

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's what you think. So many blurcocks out there who drive cars do not know how to pump petrol. Some of them, after pumping, forget to take the nozzle out and youtube videos, you can find some blurcocks drive off with the nozzle still stuck into their car's butt hole.

old uncle one of the blurcocks. ok i can't smell the petrol - feel faint. Once i drove off with the nozzle still in my butt hole. the company wanted to sue me. i drove off.not my fault what. i blurcock and they did not check my car before they waved me off. many of the old uncles there are also blurcocks.

but in some stations, we can see pretty china meimei:smile:...wow a bonus!!!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In US you have to pay a deposit first before you can pump gas.
This is to make sure you don't pump and run,..without paying:wink:

The attendants are there as security guards, to keep an eye in case some people are tempted.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
old uncle one of the blurcocks. ok i can't smell the petrol - feel faint. Once i drove off with the nozzle still in my butt hole. the company wanted to sue me. i drove off.not my fault what. i blurcock and they did not check my car before they waved me off. many of the old uncles there are also blurcocks.

but in some stations, we can see pretty china meimei:smile:...wow a bonus!!!

I'll glad buy you petrol to smell, you want 95/98 or vpower. I can get you avgas 100 too if you like!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'll glad buy you petrol to smell, you want 95/98 or vpower. I can get you avgas 100 too if you like!

aiyah i don't want to fight with you liao lah. i surrender okay. i go die first before you and your clones kill me. i surrender.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
aiyah i don't want to fight with you liao lah. i surrender okay. i go die first before you and your clones kill me. i surrender.

if you are truly dead you can't even reply to this, only fools will listen and believe your half truths and insidious lies

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
In Thailand most gas stations have many attendants. However, Bangchat, a local petrolchem company do have a few gas stations without any attendant that give 3% discounts. Thought its a good idea.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if you are truly dead you can't even reply to this, only fools will listen and believe your half truths and insidious lies

ok ok we are talking about gas..only you speak the truth here..i told u i surrender liao...i know you want me to die..die die lor no problem one...but don't be a gay necrophil like that rabid dog u know who...haha ...die liao hor...

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is what cameras are for. Over here if you don't pay, they will report it as theft to the police with the video.

The attendants are there as security guards, to keep an eye in case some people are tempted.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The same question would be asked, why do we need manual car wash?? didn't they convert the manual car wash to automatic & in the past years I noticed convert it back to manual? that means car wash involves people, who will shampoo & wash & dry & do a little polishing of the car?

Why?? have you noticed? to provide employment for the "guess what race", this is the same for petrol (gas) station attendant, to provide employment for the elderly.

Bro halsey02 may I divert a little about FT and manpower issue and discuss a little about carwash?

Auto carwash is harmful to your car paintwork. It creats micro scratches from the very first time you put your car in a auto carwash. You think you don't see it but under the sun it become very obvious, those swirls you see. Having said that manual washing can also cause this if the you are not careful using the same sponge with the wheels or when you drop your sponge on the floor. Another very harmful thing to do to your auto paintwork is dusting your car with a feather duster or that thing that look like a mop. To remove the micro scratches the only way is to use polishing compound which contains very mocro abrasive to remove a very thin layer of your paint then followed by fine-finishing. I know this pretty well because I produce my own compound and buff for the Thailand market but only use by professional bodywork shops not retail. In Thailand most people go for manual carwash so its very rare you can find automatic carwash.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I actually like this system very much. People say they don't know what petrol to use, where is the filling cap etc etc then I say they need to bloody learn la its not rocket science right or not always must spoon-fed, sigh.

Last edited: