• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where do mosquito parties get funding to contest the GE?

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Contesting the GE is not cheap for the Opposition. Election deposit per candidate is $16k.
Then a candidate needs a minimum of 10 helpers to assist in campaigning for 10 days (including the Cooling Day and GE day). Calculated at, say $100/- per helper per day, it will amount to $10k.
Other logistics (hiring of lorries, PA system, renting of rally premises, printing of banners, pamphlets, tentage) will be a minimum of $20k. Total up and it will come to $46k. Round it off at $50k, a conservative figure. For an independent mosquito politician it will be $50k, and for a mosquito party fielding many candidates it will be in multiples of $50k. How many politicians have this money to play dice with politics? Any sugar daddy?

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone thinks only pappies have resources and supports.
Oppo. can field multiple candidates mean there are silent majority who want to see fairness, justice, responsibilities and accountability.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am proud to say I chipped in and contributed to the deposit for amk Grc team the last time around.
This time round I want to do more and volunteer as a counting observer. Heard that vile pappies most likely to cheat in this area.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The vote spoilers aka 3rd rate oppos r supported by the pappies to destroy democracy...look at fat desmond in the PEBE..he pay students to b his helpers n he lost his deposit....so lets say his campaign cost is 30k...tat is peanut $ to the pappies to b a vote spoiler.. if lets say fat desmond ask for public donations..who will donate? The 1 % of his voters? I doubt so...

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am proud to say I chipped in and contributed to the deposit for amk Grc team the last time around.
This time round I want to do more and volunteer as a counting observer. Heard that vile pappies most likely to cheat in this area.

You should sponsor chicken rice.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Contesting the GE is not cheap for the Opposition. Election deposit per candidate is $16k.
Then a candidate needs a minimum of 10 helpers to assist in campaigning for 10 days (including the Cooling Day and GE day). Calculated at, say $100/- per helper per day, it will amount to $10k.
Other logistics (hiring of lorries, PA system, renting of rally premises, printing of banners, pamphlets, tentage) will be a minimum of $20k. Total up and it will come to $46k. Round it off at $50k, a conservative figure. For an independent mosquito politician it will be $50k, and for a mosquito party fielding many candidates it will be in multiples of $50k. How many politicians have this money to play dice with politics? Any sugar daddy?

$50K is just small investment money... when you tio elected , the payback is $16K x 12 x 4 = $768K.

Easily $700K for the 4 years of MP work.

Why do you think so many mosquitoes are sucking at the opportunity?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
$50K is just small investment money... when you tio elected , the payback is $16K x 12 x 4 = $768K.

Easily $700K for the 4 years of MP work.

Why do you think so many mosquitoes are sucking at the opportunity?

Not forgetting to mention those appointment of directorship in numerous companies, etc... The list goes on :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: