• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The official OZ bashing thread.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: More leaving Australia than ever before!

Well, America is already in one, way earlier than Australia isn't it?

That says it a lot about the measure of economical management in the Bush administration, really.

P.S Australia's economy will be affected; no-one's immune. But Australia could be avoiding recession, because natural resources that's in high demand is still in high demand. And there's a lot of efficiency in the mining market.

Bro, its no use arguing with an idiot. You'll just be going down to his level. The best is to ignore this moron like you have mentioned earlier.

xdecepticon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Americans do not give a shit about the rest of the world. You are right about the lack of nukes in Iraq. But I am sure glad Bush had the balls to smoke those ragheads out of their caves. Unlike Clinton who just had the balls for Monica.

Besides under Bush the unemployment rate in the states is actually lower than Clintons. The rest of the world can curse and swear but like I said, why would the americans care about you?

Bush is one arrogant lot...invaded Iraq even without the full endorsement of UN. Desperate people do desperate things cos tat time US economy in shit state! So to divert domestic attention, Bush came up an excuse...a sickening intelligence report...WMD? Osama in cahoot with Saddam? Thousands of life were at his disposal. If Saddam was really a thorn, Bush could have engage Mossad to do the job! U dont burnt down the whole mosquito net juz to eliminate a mosquito. Come judgement Day, Father/Son Bush will have to face and answer to his Lord Jesus. :rolleyes:

Besides under Bush the unemployment rate in the states is actually lower than Clintons? Dude, u sure u got the numbers right? Sure, spending power was great then. But dont judge a book by its cover. The truth is out now! Look at their economy state now. And whos the President?

Americans do not give a shit about the rest of the world? Yes, tat I agree. Karma coming their way. :biggrin:

xdecepticon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anyone who suggest the invasion because they are somehow related to Osama and 9/11 is disillusioned and deluded. I won't say more, because I know the best comeuppance will be an Obama win.

I look foward to the day after the election when Obama's announced as the winner, and your subsequent reaction.

I second to tat. I did watch youtube, something related to 9/11. It suggested conspiracy at work...nothing to do with Osama.

Peace and not War. Enough with the Republican, Mccain no different fm Bush.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ha ha , did I said all those? For eight years no one dared attack the US. Thanks to Bush.
The planning of 9-11 was during Clinton years but because of
the booming economy fuel by dot coms and silicon v, americans forgave Clinton blow job.

If there's one word to describe your rebuttal, its "superficial".

I mean, c'mon. You think that just because Iraq and Afghanistan, Al-Qaeda was bogged down in these places? In contrast, the invasion of Iraq, and the Middle East problem in Palestine only gave extremist groups like Al Qaeda more reasons to get former moderates to join them. In fact terrorist groups have grown in the last 7 years since 9/11.

The only reason on why they haven't attacked the US is due to superior intelligence. But the US is consistently playing defence. Even in Iraq, the US is playing defence; they had to approach former enemies in the Sunni insurgency and turn them with money, in order to use them to suppress the AQM, while persuading Iraqi Shiite leaders like Al-Maliki that the tactics would be good. And if not for Al-Sadr calling for a ceasefire with Americans, violence would not have gone down.

And btw, the US during the Clinton years, had had intelligence on Al-Qaeda. In fact the time when Al-Qaeda was growing was also the time when the Clinton administration was under siege because of Monica. Sure Clinton has had some fault, but so did the Republicans for focusing too much on getting rid of Clinton on unjustified grounds, while ignoring Al-Qaeda, dismissing Clinton's warnings that the group was getting dangerous.

In the end, when Bush took over, and was passed information by the Clintonites about Al-Qaeda and their offshoots, but Bush & Cheney was more interested in another Star Wars and with Iraq and Saddam. George Tenet even detected smoke hinting of an attack by Al-Qaeda on mainland US soil in July 2001 or so- but Rice chosen to sat on it, and didn't inform Bush, who didn't care.

So in the end, my friend, in short, is there any justification in implying that Iraq was worth invading? The facts don't support your case. And besides, I have read Bob Woodward's books on the Iraqi war. Have you? Or are you just so immersed in McCain's negative ads that you haven't?

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, its no use arguing with an idiot. You'll just be going down to his level. The best is to ignore this moron like you have mentioned earlier.

Well, I have some positive news about Australia..

Something for Singaporean-turned-Aussies to salivate:

Sky News Australia:
Rudd moves to protect economy
Updated: 13:40, Wednesday October 15, 2008

Pensioners, families and first home-buyers will receive more than $10 billion in Federal Government handouts as part of Kevin Rudd's bid to trigger a Christmas spending spree aimed at insulating the Australian economy against a global recession.

Addressing the National Press Club in Canberra, Mr Rudd said that the ongoing global financial crisis was 'testing times for us all.'

'I know that many Australians are deeply concerned about the future,' Mr Rudd said.

'Make no mistake: this is the single greatest threat to our economic security in a generation. And it's the most significant upheaval in the global financial system in our lifetime.'

'But my message to the nation today is that while while these winds of ill-fortune have battered Australian institutions and shattered confidence across the world, the Australian financial system remains strong,' he said.

Mr Rudd said that the government had acted decisively, responsibly and early to form a national course of action to see the crisis through.

'Our country and our economy will prevail, in part, because the time the government has been in office we have been planning ahead,' he said.

'In the May budget, we used a built a strong budget surplus to buffer against future turbulence abroad,' he added.

Almost half of the $21.7 billion budget surplus will be pumped back into the economy, he said.

Mr Rudd suggested the government might loosen the budget purse strings further, saying the government was determined to take 'whatever action is necessary in the future' to maintain stability of the Australian financial system and underpin economic growth.

Under the rescue plan, one-off handouts include $4.8 billion to all pensioners and carers, and $3.9 billion to low and middle income families.

The package also includes a doubling of the $7,000 First Home Owners Grant until June next year, or $21,000 for first home buyers purchasing newly constructed homes.

Mr Rudd was also critical of the lending standards, risk management and corporate governance of major financial institutions around the world.

He said the blame lay with 'obscene failures in corporate governance which rewarded greed without any regard to the integrity of the financial system.'

'These failures weren't limited just to businesses on the margins of the financial system. They happened in our major global financial institutions - the Wall St investment banks that were the pillars of the global financial system,' Mr Rudd said.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

I believe 9/11 did happen. The hoax was the one peddled by Bush about Saddam having WMDs and links with Al-Qaeda, to justify the invasion.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal

If there's one word to describe your rebuttal, its "superficial".

I mean, c'mon. You think that just because Iraq and Afghanistan, Al-Qaeda was bogged down in these places? In contrast, the invasion of Iraq, and the Middle East problem in Palestine only gave extremist groups like Al Qaeda more reasons to get former moderates to join them. In fact terrorist groups have grown in the last 7 years since 9/11.

The only reason on why they haven't attacked the US is due to superior intelligence. But the US is consistently playing defence. Even in Iraq, the US is playing defence; they had to approach former enemies in the Sunni insurgency and turn them with money, in order to use them to suppress the AQM, while persuading Iraqi Shiite leaders like Al-Maliki that the tactics would be good. And if not for Al-Sadr calling for a ceasefire with Americans, violence would not have gone down.

And btw, the US during the Clinton years, had had intelligence on Al-Qaeda. In fact the time when Al-Qaeda was growing was also the time when the Clinton administration was under siege because of Monica. Sure Clinton has had some fault, but so did the Republicans for focusing too much on getting rid of Clinton on unjustified grounds, while ignoring Al-Qaeda, dismissing Clinton's warnings that the group was getting dangerous.

In the end, when Bush took over, and was passed information by the Clintonites about Al-Qaeda and their offshoots, but Bush & Cheney was more interested in another Star Wars and with Iraq and Saddam. George Tenet even detected smoke hinting of an attack by Al-Qaeda on mainland US soil in July 2001 or so- but Rice chosen to sat on it, and didn't inform Bush, who didn't care.

So in the end, my friend, in short, is there any justification in implying that Iraq was worth invading? The facts don't support your case. And besides, I have read Bob Woodward's books on the Iraqi war. Have you? Or are you just so immersed in McCain's negative ads that you haven't?

Dude, why are you tiring yourself. Let me make it clear to you. The USA under Bush wanted to show whos boss in the world and not to mess with them. Whether there was any justification to attack Iraq is secondary.

Terrorist do not need justification when they bombed Bali. Bush just gave these losers much more to loose.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bush is one arrogant lot...invaded Iraq even without the full endorsement of UN. Desperate people do desperate things cos tat time US economy in shit state! So to divert domestic attention, Bush came up an excuse...a sickening intelligence report...WMD? Osama in cahoot with Saddam? Thousands of life were at his disposal. If Saddam was really a thorn, Bush could have engage Mossad to do the job! U dont burnt down the whole mosquito net juz to eliminate a mosquito. Come judgement Day, Father/Son Bush will have to face and answer to his Lord Jesus. :rolleyes:

Besides under Bush the unemployment rate in the states is actually lower than Clintons? Dude, u sure u got the numbers right? Sure, spending power was great then. But dont judge a book by its cover. The truth is out now! Look at their economy state now. And whos the President?

Americans do not give a shit about the rest of the world? Yes, tat I agree. Karma coming their way. :biggrin:

I got only one thing to say. THE UN IS A GROUP OF SPECTATORS LA NO POWER AT ALL

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, I just think Bush had a lousy excuse. He thought that by invading, he would make US stronger- but the irony happened instead. He didn't understand the politics in the Middle East, and thought he did, even though he's a complete neophyte in foreign affairs- as Bob Woodward's State of Denial book published in 2006 revealed.

Well, you don't understand the history of the Middle East, and you know absolute zilch about middle eastern politics, then its wise to step back and ask whether is it realistic to re-shape the Middle East and hence make America stronger.

Instead, because he didn't know, America got sucked into the real midst of middle eastern politics and religious conflict, and that made America weak. And that reduced the amount of leverage America had with North Korea and with other countries, including allied countries in Asia and Europe.

In any case, Bush failed. And with McCain seeking more enemies, real and imagined, and with a Bush-lite Sarah Palin, another foreign affair neophyte, it would be a long nightmare again if they are elected. Its with this reason, Sens. Obama and Biden must win.

Anyway lets keep this an immigration thread.

I hope we sincerely keep to this common bargain after my reply above.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

so those who think that Austrailia is a good place to migrate should really read it carefully. why so many Austrailian are getting out when you want to get in.
something must be wrong somewhere.

As an Australian- Ex-sinkie .. let me share the insights.

An overseas Australian will be taken care should crisis strikes - Australian govt will charter a flight and ensure you return home safely.. Rudd also announced your deposit is guaranteed regardless the amount.. you are eligible to claim benefits and heaps more..

The only setback is when you reach the age of earning an income.. ATO factor.. hence, it is viable for Australians to be working overseas, earning $$$ and eventually settle down back in Australia.. have kids.. and start a family..

There is a saying.. "you still call Australia home".. ppl do come home eventually.. coz Australia is a great country..:smile:

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal

As an Australian- Ex-sinkie .. let me share the insights.

An overseas Australian will be taken care should crisis strikes - Australian govt will charter a flight and ensure you return home safely.. Rudd also announced your deposit is guaranteed regardless the amount.. you are eligible to claim benefits and heaps more..

The only setback is when you reach the age of earning an income.. ATO factor.. hence, it is viable for Australians to be working overseas, earning $$$ and eventually settle down back in Australia.. have kids.. and start a family..

There is a saying.. "you still call Australia home".. ppl do come home eventually.. coz Australia is a great country..:smile:

i am surprised you dare show your face here. now that the australian dollar - your good friend has crashed 50% in two months, property markets crashing, stress level rising, taxes, cost of living topping world charts, and now china demand for mining slowing and copper, etc crashing you dare say anthing positive about that overtaxed racist craphole called australia? i hope your coming recession and correction teaches you some reality.

shame on you. you could have gone to a better country. too bad your dollar is almost worthless.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

i am surprised you dare show your face here. now that the australian dollar - your good friend has crashed 50% in two months, property markets crashing, stress level rising, taxes, cost of living topping world charts, and now china demand for mining slowing and copper, etc crashing you dare say anthing positive about that overtaxed racist craphole called australia? i hope your coming recession and correction teaches you some reality.

shame on you. you could have gone to a better country. too bad your dollar is almost worthless.

Hmm....your argument seems to be falling since the US$ is equally weak still, and that's because of the budget deficit, and the lack of confidence in the American economy.

And it must be said that when you resorted to such excessive insults, it shows you're losing your case. Axe was being nice to you, and yet you acted in such an impulsive, impatient manner.

I feel so sad for you, honestly.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Regardless of what you say about Australia, it's a pretty sure bet the country will still be around in 50 years time. I can't say the same for Sinkieland. :p

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal

Regardless of what you say about Australia, it's a pretty sure bet the country will still be around in 50 years time. I can't say the same for Sinkieland. :p

Good to know that Australia is a safe bet for the next 50 years. I hope the monkeys would take over earlier but then let's give the Australian a chance to run the country by themselves for a while.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haha.. as the matter of fact, I am ready to enter into the "chicken" market within 6mths.. this time the investment shall be in Melbourne. So did I score badly after i arrived ? My recent chicken audit & assessment suggested otherwise.

I asked my son if he regrets leaving Sin.. guess what's his answer ? My wife dont give up her Fin Controller job in Sin for nothing.. So you think we are suffering ? think harder.. hahaha

Last edited:

depeche

Alfrescian
Loyal

wow...you are doing very well...you must be a very good aussie to contribute enough to ATO...well done , mate!

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

wow...you are doing very well...you must be a very good aussie to contribute enough to ATO...well done , mate!

Australian dont have to contribute much to ATO if they start to use their brains.. there are instruments such as negative gearing, tax rebate, depreciation claim, family trust to distribute wealth.. etc...

We all receive benefits from the govt.. and the govt guarantee our deposits in this crisis.. what more can we expect from a benevolent govt ? paying tokens to ATO is juz another appreciation from us - Australian citizen :smile: