• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The New Law, the Pimp, the Girl & Hotel 81

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is more a businessman interested in the nightlife. Father used to be Olympics supremo in Singapore for decades. Connected to the estblishment and did some legwork for ISD during his Uni days involving marxist conspiracy. Out of the blue, CJ complimented him regarding an appeal. His clients come from nightclub scene. His partner used to the Kwee motors scion.

Is this chap based at Manhattan House?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
alot of my ah beng gangster friends likes to enaged him for their gang related case . i dont know why ? is he really good at those gangster related case ?

The other gangster lawyer I know is one Surian or Sulian based at People's Park Centre. Once a lawyer uses some Hokkien vulgarities and act and speak gungho, most of these uneducated clients or potential clients 'die-father' impressed. That's the reality.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because of the nite scene link, his name gets passed around. He is not noted for criminal law.

Yes, night scene link brings in businesses. I recall one lawyer CLed for drug connection being the 'leading' lawyer for gambling, SS and violent offence cases. Edmund Wong, I think.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The other gangster lawyer I know is one Surian or Sulian based at People's Park Centre. Once a lawyer uses some Hokkien vulgarities and act and speak gungho, most of these uneducated clients or potential clients 'die-father' impressed. That's the reality.

Indian lawyer? think he defended my friend before. Surian Sidambaram.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes his track record not very good......all kena jia6 jia6 sentences

There are many such lawyers around. Tell you not to PG, coz they learn less. Tell you to fight even when you don't stand a chance. All they want is $$$. My friends asked me to intro lawyers to them when in trouble. I daren't. Many 48s in the profession.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many such lawyers around. Tell you not to PG, coz they learn less. Tell you to fight even when you don't stand a chance. All they want is $$$. My friends asked me to intro lawyers to them when in trouble. I daren't. Many 48s in the profession.

I have never met or known a lawyer with a conscience in my entire life. If you can name one please let me know.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hotel 81 - this is the part that I can never understand. This is where the PAP has to understand they are culpable just as the pimp is. Anyone including a moron knows that Hotel 81 and Fragrance Hotel exist and succeed for one purpose - the sex trade. It is transit hotel. I thought it was bit rich and quite suspicious that in the same week that the 48 men were charged, the owner of Hotel 81 decides to donate $2M to NTU. When the PAP were in power in the early years it was common for corporate biggies caught for tax evasion and other transgression of minor laws were asked to donate a sizable sum. It was not corruption but it was done to keep the vulnerable economy going.

the H81 conspiracy theory sounds very interesting and believable.