• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The New Law, the Pimp, the Girl & Hotel 81

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,
we'll see how Subhas work with these blokes over Penal Code Chapter XVI, 377D.

I am honestly baffled at how someone like Subhas is a "star" litigator - his oratorical delivery in front of the camera is hardly ground shaking yet his practice seems to have leveraged off the perception of his skills in court.

Anyone here even heard/seen him in action before?

I know of one other lawyer in Singapore who used to be an ex-cop - his waiting room is probably reminiscent of Emergency in any local hospital - sure his cases are not the top white-collar crime types but still, as long as his clients can pay, the volume is enough to keep him extremely busy and constantly in demand in those circles.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He probably already got an agreed reduce charge and leniency for spilling the beans on the customers. 人不为己天诛地灭。

Can't see how he can get away lightly with this. he faces 34 charges - 17 for pimping, 16 for living off prostitutes and one for having sex with a minor, presumably with the same whore.

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't see how he can get away lightly with this. he faces 34 charges - 17 for pimping, 16 for living off prostitutes and one for having sex with a minor, presumably with the same whore.

It depends on the AG chambers.They have the prerogative to take all other charges into consideration and just pursue with just 1 or 2.

Why frame so many charges?Because that will frighten the shit out of him and if he is uncooperative than his lawyers will charge a bomb for his defense pursuing all charges.

Yes,AG chambers plays dirty too.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It depends on the AG chambers.They have the prerogative to take all other charges into consideration and just pursue with just 1 or 2.

Why frame so many charges?Because that will frighten the shit out of him and if he is uncooperative than his lawyers will charge a bomb for his defense pursuing all charges.

Yes,AG chambers plays dirty too.

I am aware of the TIC thing, but I doubt AGC would proceed with just 1 or 2. This case is too high profile to let the pimp off lightly.
Although the MSM were trying to paint the 48 guys as villains, I do find quite a high number of people sympathize with them.
This is commercial sex after all and the girl is no angel.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hahaha....the law in sinkapoor is crystal clear and yet our wise prataman is confused.....lol.
we have licence for everything.....as long as you are licenced, you can do the business legally.....
this applies for brothels, pubs, ktv, 4-d outlets; etc...
if you want to take the risks...the ambit applies....don't get caught.
can u imagine the illegal 4-d operators using the same excuse that 7-11 is selling 4-d...lol.

brother , the word "licence " is atcually call " protection fee " to make " licence " sound legally :wink: . all politicans love to play with words :wink:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am honestly baffled at how someone like Subhas is a "star" litigator - his oratorical delivery in front of the camera is hardly ground shaking yet his practice seems to have leveraged off the perception of his skills in court.

Anyone here even heard/seen him in action before?

I know of one other lawyer in Singapore who used to be an ex-cop - his waiting room is probably reminiscent of Emergency in any local hospital - sure his cases are not the top white-collar crime types but still, as long as his clients can pay, the volume is enough to keep him extremely busy and constantly in demand in those circles.

To me, Subhas is quite ordinary. Definitely cannot perform miracles. He used to chiong nightclubs. Very close to Hai Lok San chaps. After his near-death, he changed his lifestyle. Subhas takes on high profile cases for publicity. How many cases ended in acquittal

Luke Lee? Low Hui Hui? Kertar Singh?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here are 2 key points that don't seem to make this a good law. It seems to be something to please a foreign gallery as pointed out by a forummer.

1) the inability of the accused to defend himself even if he genuinely felt that she was 18 because the law takes away the defence on age
2) she can have sex with anyone as she has crossed the "minor" classification of being above 16 but as she had taken money she is therefore re-classified as minor again. In essence, the law treats her as a minor if she are below 16 and she does not take money but if she takes money than she immediately become a minor if she is below 18..

sounds odd..

This is something that was sent to me for airing.

" a. For many who will be convicted the clincher will be the very issue of not being able to offer a defense that we did not or could not have reasonably, rationally, on the predonrance of evidence known that she was under 18. The only defense left thus is that we did not do it, or we paid for her company and not sex.

b. That presumption applies in the UK, but it kicks in at a fairer age and for a more serious offense, i.e sex with a minor and at 13

c. As far as I can remember within the Singapore Penal Code. There are two sorts of presumption. A presumption which shift the burden of proof, but it means that you can offer a defense i.e in Drug Trafficking. and a presumption which does not allow a defense. which as far as I know exists only within the " Fire Arms Act" for unlawful discharge of a firearm, commercial sex with a minor defined at 18 and sex with a minor under 16.

d. Please note that sex with a minor is treated more seriously under a count of statutory rape with sentences including caning as an example. If any of us had deliberately had sex with an under 16 we would be facing an infinitely more serious charge.

e. So thus comes the logical illogic, If a 16 year old can legally have sex, but she cannot legally sell herself for sex and if she is caught selling sex its her customers who face the music. Yet the customers are limited in their defense even if they can proof she lied or swore blind to them she was 18 in the same manner as a Man who had sex with a minor who cannot offer the same defense. "

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me, Subhas is quite ordinary. Definitely cannot perform miracles. He used to chiong nightclubs. Very close to Hai Lok San chaps. After his near-death, he changed his lifestyle. Subhas takes on high profile cases for publicity. How many cases ended in acquittal

I can't remember his name at the moment - Bayi lawyer that used to own a club back in 2003-2004 (the one with the transparent floor), then had a Satay King business which he revamped to Kebab King in Clarke Quay (before it got taken over by that Persian restaurant) and I think he still owns Sahara Shisha Bar in Boat Quay - good friends with Abbas Saad and they had a number of business ventures together including Sahara...

p.s. should have realized Subhas has been discussed before: http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?20096-SUBHAS-ANANDAN-The-Top-Criminal-Lawyer-in-Singapore

I have heard that Subhas was close to the Sembawang crew (rumors he was a headman once?) and also usual coffeeshop chatter about being the preferred counsel for the Sarajumbo gang..

Last edited:

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal

The one I was referring to is S.S. Dhillon - in 2007 he represented the Aussie who narrowly escaped the death sentence when he was caught with his stash of ganja....I think he also picked up quite abit of work from the influx of Nigerians/West Africans c. 2003 - 2008 who recruited local girls as drug mules and got busted - that has to be one of the saddest knock-on effects of this government's open-door policy.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The one I was referring to is S.S. Dhillon - in 2007 he represented the Aussie who narrowly escaped the death sentence when he was caught with his stash of ganja....I think he also picked up quite abit of work from the influx of Nigerians/West Africans c. 2003 - 2008 who recruited local girls as drug mules and got busted - that has to be one of the saddest knock-on effects of this government's open-door policy.

if im not mistaken S.S Dhillon always handle gangster case .

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is more a businessman interested in the nightlife. Father used to be Olympics supremo in Singapore for decades. Connected to the estblishment and did some legwork for ISD during his Uni days involving marxist conspiracy. Out of the blue, CJ complimented him regarding an appeal. His clients come from nightclub scene. His partner used to the Kwee motors scion.

if im not mistaken S.S Dhillon always handle gangster case .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He is more a businessman interested in the nightlife. Father used to be Olympics supremo in Singapore for decades. Connected to the estblishment and did some legwork for ISD during his Uni days involving marxist conspiracy. Out of the blue, CJ complimented him regarding an appeal. His clients come from nightclub scene. His partner used to the Kwee motors scion.

alot of my ah beng gangster friends likes to enaged him for their gang related case . i dont know why ? is he really good at those gangster related case ?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because of the nite scene link, his name gets passed around. He is not noted for criminal law.

alot of my ah beng gangster friends likes to enaged him for their gang related case . i dont know why ? is he really good at those gangster related case ?

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought he was an ex-copper - his brother is also a high street lawyer based in the suburbs of London - the Malay gangster girls usually go to him as well because he speaks the lingo and as you said, his name gets passed around the nightclub scene - he has done all sorts of weird and wacky representations and earlier this year was involved in the incest case.

Usually very busy with litigation and a sworn bachelor living with his mum.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Extortion by the govt way is called donation.

Hotel 81 - this is the part that I can never understand. This is where the PAP has to understand they are culpable just as the pimp is. Anyone including a moron knows that Hotel 81 and Fragrance Hotel exist and succeed for one purpose - the sex trade. It is transit hotel. I thought it was bit rich and quite suspicious that in the same week that the 48 men were charged, the owner of Hotel 81 decides to donate $2M to NTU. When the PAP were in power in the early years it was common for corporate biggies caught for tax evasion and other transgression of minor laws were asked to donate a sizable sum. It was not corruption but it was done to keep the vulnerable economy going.

me005

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am sure there are other pimps with gals under 18.

anyone wonder why only this okt and his client are targeted. so many other okt are still active.