• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Hunger Games Trailer HD 2012

Are you going to watch Hunger Games in theatre?

• Yes, I will definitely watch it in the theatre

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No, i will download, buy dvd/blu-ray instead

• No, not interest in teenage movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Screen-shot-2012-02-06-at-11.21.53-PM-640x462.png

On last night’s Hunger Games Fireside Chat podcast, I discovered something I had missed in all the movie news last week: Lionsgate has released the official Hunger Games merchandise! Confoundingly, it’s being sold through what I thought was the defunct video store chain Hollywood Video, but they went all out on this stuff. It’s everything that a dedicated fan would want: Clothing, accessories, props, and action figures.

We pulled our favorite pieces from the collection; when I say “insane,” I mean it less critically and more “I can’t believe they thought of that!” Because it shouldn’t be a secret that if I had more money, I’d probably buy half the stuff here.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
merch1-398x400.jpg

Katniss' Jacket ($120)
OK, this is badass. We've seen Jennifer Lawrence in the movie version of this jacket since the first shot of her as Katniss, and it just feels right. You can't deny that this is the Hunger Games equivalent of Harry Potter robes, and those are still selling! (There's also a cheaper version for $50.)

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
merch7-315x400.jpg

Fleece Throw ($25)
What's hilarious is that even though this looks like something a kid would buy, judging by the books' dark material, the studio knows it's adults who'll be buying this to put on their couches and beds.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
merch2-274x400.jpg

Training Shirt ($50)
The jacket is one thing, but this represents a whole other level of detail. This is a replica of the shirts worn by the tributes in this new photo, and that reason alone makes me want to buy one. Looking like the characters is a smart way to drive sales... and couldn't you imagine wearing this to the gym and pretending like you were trying to impress the Gamemakers?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
merch3-236x400.jpg

Action Figures ($18)
A bit pricey for a first-run action figure, but if you want to reenact The Hunger Games in the comfort of your room, then it's worth snatching up the figures of Katniss, Peeta, and Gale. But let's see some more for the main tributes, not to mention Effie and her great outfits!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
merch10-575x380.jpg

Peeta Pillowcase ($15)
In the "home decor" category, you have the chance to sleep right next to Josh Hutcherson.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
merch6-347x400.jpg

Knitted Phone Cover ($10)
For this, I'd probably recommend you find a higher-quality alternative (not to mention made with love) on Etsy.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
katniss meet cinna for first time

<div><iframe frameborder="0" width="576" height="324" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/movies/site/player.html#browseCarouselUI=hide&vid=28527069&startScreenCarouselUI=hide&repeat=0"></iframe></div>