• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Hunger Games Trailer HD 2012

Are you going to watch Hunger Games in theatre?

• Yes, I will definitely watch it in the theatre

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No, i will download, buy dvd/blu-ray instead

• No, not interest in teenage movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dsc01220.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please, wear this, black polyester jacket with coating and inner fleece jacket with orange strips at underside and a mockingjay pin. Dun wear stupid t-shirts like superman, so no class.

hunger-games-movie-image-jennifer-lawrence-ew-scan-02.jpg

As you might know, Trish and I went to ‘The Hunger Games’ snow globe at The Cathay yesterday.

Currently, these Hunger Games fans in Singapore have expressed their interest in joining us for this unofficial meet up.

1) Natalie Goh
2) E Zo
3) Hazel
4) Shareen
5) Nadhirah
6) Queenielyn

Date: 25 November 2011, Friday
Time: 12pm
Meeting Point: Dhoby Ghaut MRT station exit to Plaza Singapura. There is a bubble tea shop in Dhoby Ghaut MRT station exit to Plaza Singapura. We will meet up at the empty space beside the bubble tea shop.

Program for the day
1) Lunch – As 12pm is the peak lunch time period, we will look for a place that will be able to accommodate all of us as well as our budgets and preferences instead of deciding on a place now. We will spend lots of time chatting about everything related to The Hunger Games and beyond that too.
2) Head over to The Cathay for photo taking in ‘The Hunger Games’ snow globe. We might walk around before that but it all depends on that day.

This is a very casual meet up event. Just think of it as a chance to meet more Hunger Games fans! I don’t know about you but I would love to chat with fans all about Hunger Games! If you would like to join in, feel free to meet up at the meeting point on that day! However, it would be good to give us a heads up before that though, such as leaving a comment under this post, tweet us at @HungerGamesSG, leave a post on our Facebook page or send us an email at [email protected]. If not, we wouldn’t know that you are coming and we might have left the meeting point.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
New Hunger Games Photo; Will the Movie Warrant Sequels?

A new photo from Lionsgate's upcoming adaptation of The Hunger Games has been released online from — where else? — Business Insider, of course!

Much like another previously released photo, the latest image reveals lead character Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) in the forest with her bow and arrows, only this time the photo shows Katniss taking aim.

Hunger Games won't be released until March of next year, but the studio has a lot riding on the franchise. A release date has already been scheduled for its first sequel, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and there's a plan for possibly four movies in total. However, should The Hunger Games not succeed at the box office, it could be an endgame for the franchise.

While talking to Bloomberg (via ComingSoon) about Lionsgate's financial future, CEO Jon Feltheimer admitted that a lot of the studio's future is riding on The Hunger Games.

"Hey, we’ve got something really special here," said Feltheimer while watching the movie's teaser trailer. "We would be disappointed if we didn’t make three or four movies."

Lionsgate hasn't had the best year at the box office. Take for instance, the studio's two September releases: MMA drama Warrior, while a critical success, failed to earn back its budget, and the thriller Abduction, despite the presence of Twilight star Taylor Lautner was also a disappointment. Both of those movies followed — gulp — August's Conan the Barbarian which barely made back half its budget worldwide. It doesn't take a Hollywood insider to realize that Lionsgate has its future invested in the success of The Hunger Games.

Still, Feltheimer has faith. Despite needing the movie to crack the $100 million "blockbuster status" in the U.S. alone to justify a sequel, the CEO has a lot of faith in The Hunger Games. "There’s just too much heat for this property around the world," said Feltheimer.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
have you seen the trailer.

there seem to be some editing error somewhere.
earlier i talk about the arrow, which taken by two shots, and she did not hit the center on her own, her instructors probably shoot at point blank range.

I also saw something about her hair. During the reaping, when she walk up to talk to prim and stop by the peacekeeper, she shake her head while she volunteer, her hair is mess up, but then the camera zoom into her face and her hair are back to nice and neat again. See the trailer again, see if you can catch that.

some other movies which have some editing problem.
http://feedbox.com/articles/45

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube_share;eAWODq_dMFI]http://youtu.be/eAWODq_dMFI[/video]

[video=youtube_share;IN1XuRA3Hnc]http://youtu.be/IN1XuRA3Hnc[/video]

[video=youtube_share;O8nqiapPtVA]http://youtu.be/O8nqiapPtVA[/video]

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If any film caught Internet fire this year, it was most certainly the big-screen adaptation of Suzanne Collins' young-adult novel "The Hunger Games." Though the film had been optioned by Lionsgate way back in 2009, 2011 was the year fans finally saw all the pieces come together, from casting the titular tournament's 24 tributes to a teaser tidbit and full-length trailer.

As such, MTV News is taking a look back at all things "Hunger Games" with a list of the franchise's best moments from 2011 (in chronological order). Let the Games begin!

X Marks the Release Date
The year began with a bang when Lionsgate announced in late January that "The Hunger Games" would swoop into theaters March 23, 2012. Lionsgate set that particular date in its crosshairs hoping to capitalize on spring breaks and Easter weekend for the (mostly) family-friendly release.

Jennifer Lawrence Is Katniss Everdeen
The Reaping then began in earnest, with seemingly every young Hollywood actress vying for the coveted role of District 12's female tribute. Would it be Hailee Steinfeld? Kaya Scodelario? Abigail Breslin? In the end, MTV News had the pleasure of revealing that then-20-year-old Jennifer Lawrence, who nabbed an Oscar nomination for her work in 2010's "Winter's Bone," would enter the arena as the much-loved heroine.

But Who Will Play Peeta and Gale?
Similar speculation followed the casting of Katniss' two love interests — fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark and hunting buddy Gale Hawthorne. Nine young actors were reportedly in contention for one of the two roles, including "Weeds" star Hunter Parrish and "Wizards of Waverly Place" actor David Henrie, but, ultimately, Josh Hutcherson landed the role of Peeta while Liam Hemsworth won Gale.

First Look at Lawrence as Katniss
Salivating fans didn't have to wait too long for their first taste of Lawrence as Katniss, as she posed for the cover of Entertainment Weekly, flaunting the tribute's soon-to-be-iconic uniform. The styled snap quieted many critics who'd said the actress was too blond, too tall, too pretty or too whatever for the role.

Cinna Will Rock
There were no shortage of casting announcements in spring 2011, but none seemed to catch watchful fans off guard more than that of Lenny Kravitz landing the role of Katniss' stylist Cinna. But, really, it made a lot of sense, considering the musician's fondness for fashion. "I like clothes, and I like playing with clothes. Every now and again, you go south. It's all good. I enjoy fashion as an art," he told MTV News.

The Mockingjay Catches Fire
In a nifty bit of promotion, Lionsgate released the first "Hunger Games" poster in July, and it was literally on fire. Well, sorta. The one-sheet depicted Katniss' infamous talisman — a mockingjay pin — wreathed in glowing flames. The eye-catching motion poster definitely gave fans something to chew on while they waited for more first looks.

We Spy Two "Hunger Games" Hotties
Following in co-star Lawrence's footsteps, the men of "The Hunger Games" landed their own EW cover story, in which Hutcherson took the opportunity to quiet a few nagging concerns about his stature."Jennifer's not 2 feet taller than me!" he told the magazine. "If anything, maybe she's a half-inch taller."

November 2013 Is "Catching Fire"
We hadn't even seen a frame of the first film yet, yet Lionsgate announced a November 22, 2013, release date for the follow-up, "Catching Fire." With "The Twilight Saga" taking its final winter bow in 2012, it looks like "The Hunger Games" is poised to be the new holiday tentpole.

A Tasty Tease
All those cover images and promotional stills went only so far to sate fans' appetites. A cinematic preview was in order, and we at MTV were happy to deliver. During the closing moments of this year's Video Music Awards, viewers were treated to a 30-second sneak peek, following Katniss as she sprinted through the arena's blazing forest, with Gale's words of encouragement resounding in her ears. Sure, the bite was short, but it was still satisfying.

First Full-Length Trailer
Nearly three lean months followed before the first full-length trailer made its entrance into the arena. And boy, was it worth the wait. From the tearful reaping to the Games' taut opening moments, the clip was one of our top teases of the year, offering a promise of the big-screen awesomeness to follow.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Danny Elfman, the man behind the iconic scores for most of Tim Burton's films, may not be heading to Panem.

The Academy Award-nominated composer has reportedly dropped out of "The Hunger Games," according to Variety. Elfman is said to have left the production for scheduling reasons, as he is currently working on the music for "Dark Shadows," and "Men in Black 3."

Lionsgate declined to comment, but a source close to the production confirmed Elfman's departure due to scheduling conflict with MTV News.

James Newton Howard, the composer responsible for dozens of famous scores, including "Batman Begins," has reportedly taken the reins from Elfman in what was described as a smooth transition. The change will have no effect on the post-production and release schedules for the film. Newton Howard has scored an impressive eight Academy Award nominations over the years for films that include "Defiance, "Michael Clayton" and "The Village."

Elfman was set to collaborate on the adaptation of Suzanne Collins' young-adult novel with T-Bone Burnett, the songwriter who won an Oscar for his work on 2009's "Crazy Heart." Burnett will reportedly remain on the production as the film's executive music producer. Burnett had previously raved to MTV News about working with Elfman on the project, telling us in August of his collaborator, "He's got an incredible space he's put together. It's the most incredible studio I've ever seen and he's got drums and marimbas and a cimbalom — just crazy instruments everywhere. We're just going to go over there and rock out. I think we're just going to play together. We're going to do it together."

Howard, meanwhile, has more than a full plate of upcoming projects. Among his future musical endeavors are two of next year's biggest films: "Snow White and the Huntsman" and "The Bourne Legacy."

"The Hunger Games" is set for release on March 23, 2012, and stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth, with Gary Ross directing.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some countries watch it earlier than USA, some watch it on 11 april, LOL. This is unreasonable.

Australia – 22 March 2012

Belgium – 11 April 2012

Brazil – 23 March 2012

Canada – 23 March 2012

Finland – 23 March 2012

France – 21 March 2012

Estonia − 23 March 2012

Germany – 22 March 2012

Greece – 22 March 2012

Hong Kong – 22 March 2012

Hungary – 22 March 2012

Italia − April 13, 2012

Netherlands – 29 March 2012

Norway – 23 March 2012

Philipines − 21 March 2012

Portugal – 26 March 2012

Poland − 23 March 2012

Russia − 22 March 2012

Sweden – 23 March 2012

Turkey − 23 March 2012

UK – 23 March 2012

USA – 23 March 2012

Singapore − 22 March 2012

Spain – 20 April 2012

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Hunger Games – London Film Premiere Planned For March 14, 2012
Posted on January 17, 2012 by Celine

According to UKFilmPremieres, the premiere of The Hunger Games movie is planned for Wednesday, March 14, 2012. Celeb arrivals likely to be between 5.15pm and 6.15pm.

There’s no official press release/confirmation yet from Lionsgate.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
New hunger games trailer
<param name="movie" value="http://cdn.playwire.com/bolt.swf">
<param name="wmode" value="transparent">
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true">
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">
<param name="flashvars" value="configuration=http://cdn.playwire.com/9540/embed/34982_e.xml">
<embed id="playwire_player_34982" name="playwire_player_34982" src="http://cdn.playwire.com/bolt.swf" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="configuration=http://cdn.playwire.com/9540/embed/34982_e.xml">
</embed>
</object>

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
article-2095792-1191AE65000005DC-585_634x476.jpg

article-2095792-1191AEA9000005DC-129_634x506.jpg

article-2095792-1191AD69000005DC-768_634x475.jpg

Reaching fever pitch: New Hunger Games trailer continues to ratchet up the hype for hotly-tipped adaptation

Movie bosses are hoping it will be a blockbuster movie franchise in the mould of Twilight.

And they are continuing to ratchet up the hype for The Hunger Games, with a new trailer giving further insight into how the popular book series is being adapted.

This teaser focuses on Jennifer Lawrence's heroine character Katniss Everdeen, an ordinary girl from Panem - a post-apocalyptic North America - with the film being set more than 700 years in the future.
It starts with her comforting her little sister Primrose, giving her a special pin she got her as a gift.

She tells her: 'As long as you have it nothing bad will happen to you, I promise.'

Katniss lives with her mother and sister in District 12, one of the poorest districts which surround the controlling central Capitol.

As punishment for a previous rebellion, every year one boy and one girl between the ages of 12 and 18 from each district are selected by lottery called 'the reaping' and forced to participate in the brutal Hunger Games, a televised event in which they must fight to the death.
On the upside, people who volunteer for the draw get extra grain and oil for their family.

Unfortunately for Primrose, her name is drawn by Capitol employee Effie Trinket, even though it was her first entry.

Katniss is distraught after dodging the bullet for years, and offers to take part in her sister's stead.

Before she begins training for the event she is given a pep talk by her close friend Gale, who is played by Liam Hemsworth, who says: 'you're stronger than they are.'
He also promises to protect her family.

She is then seen on a talk show alongside Stanley Tucci's character Caesar Flickerman for her televised pre-Games interview.

He asks her: 'What did you say to your sister when you volunteered at the reaping?

She replies: 'I told her that I would try to win for her.'

He mockingly replies: 'And try you will.'

The start of the games is then shown, with fellow contestant Peeta Mellark, played by Josh Hutcherson saying: 'I just keep wishing I could think of a way to show them they don't own me. If I die I wanna still be me.'
In many ways it looks similar to the popular Arnold Schwarzenegger 1987 film The Running Man, in which the muscle man took part in a deadly game show where criminals can win their freedom by evading armed and deadly stalkers.

The best-selling Suzanne Collins novel takes place in a similarly dystopian world.

Jennifer has said she is very excited about the prospect of going from indie favourite to movie star if the film is a hit.

She said 'I knew that as soon as I said "yes," my life would change.'
And I walked around thinking "It's not too late, I could still go back and do indies. I haven't said "yes" yet, it's not too late.'

However the prospect of stardom was too tempting to turn down, and she eventually took the role.

She added: 'I love this story and if I had said no, I would regret it every day.'

The picture is set to be released on March 23.