• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Authentic Forummer

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Who else put their portrait as their avatar? GMS is surely the most authentic member here.

Not many people can recall that during the old delphi days, GMS van was vanadalized and he had to install video cameras in his shop. The abuse he got was legendary. But he soldiered on, plastering his full name on every post, cheering everytime his picture was posted, and being the most authentic forummer till today.

If only that guy can put aside his deep prejudices and get his bearing right again, he'd make a fine politician.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
May our good bro Ah Ram rest in peace. don't worry eastshitndie can get high on curry alone ... we can save the hashes for ourselves hahahaha

I can't say if ah ram can rip . Because he's gone now forever like the dinosaurs .. I just wish all the best to his loves one who is alive .

Seriously , death is very random .. You never know what's going to happen tomorrow . Lets enjoy life to the fullest ..

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find the majority of forummers are authentic. Only a few are not and for various reasons;

1) those who were discredited because of their past activities in this forum. These include those who intended to bring down this forum when it was under Delphi. You see them returning under different nicks from time to time but they know the personalities and history of the past. Also includes those whose identities were revealed and have been associated with silly things.

2) those who in recent years are trying to save the PAP as unlike the SCM, the PAP struggles to control the net. I always wondered why motivates these people. Those who are employed by PA, or dependent on the PAP for tidbits and their livelihood is quite understandable. But the rest I truly struggle with.

But we have been quite lucky we do have forummers that do highlight the good things that PAP has done and are issues driven.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS is indeed an authentic forummer not only because he uses his real name (which is not really a key factor as long as you don't lie), but because he brings in all his real aspirations, fears, bias, ignorance, knowledge, envy, ideals, etc here in all his posts.

We may not agree with him often especially since May 2011, but there's probably no forummer more authentic than he is.

That's his problem. No politician should be authentic. Period.

A politician must be able to control his emotions and keep his cards close to his chest. Gms misses the substance, style and savvy.

My only hope is he doesn't descend into Yap kheng hoe standard. Yap, I'm sure all agree, is another authentic forummer.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

A politician must be able to control his emotions and keep his cards close to his chest. Gms misses the substance, style and savvy.

My only hope is he doesn't descend into Yap kheng hoe standard. Yap, I'm sure all agree, is another authentic forummer.

Authentic or not, a politician must position himself so that he can serve the people. GMS is positioning himself as an anti WP critic who is caught up in the past (M-K, etc). He needs to change that image.

You're right, YKH is also authentic. But there are sometimes he's authentic in a good way too. We need guys like him around to mess up the peace and calm from time to time, but of course without sabotaging the opposition through association.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Authentic or not, a politician must position himself so that he can serve the people. GMS is positioning himself as an anti WP critic who is caught up in the past (M-K, etc). He needs to change that image.

Yup.. that's what I'm talking about.. How he positions himself, the image he projects and the people he chooses to associate or take on. Zero savvy. I think his ego is authentic.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yup.. that's what I'm talking about.. How he positions himself, the image he projects and the people he chooses to associate or take on. Zero savvy. I think his ego is authentic.

The man has his faults, and that includes Pinky and his father. He may not be as devious as them however and definitely need more experience being disadvantaged not having a mentor like Pinky.

jw5

Loyal

That's why this thread is about the authentic "forummer".

If I had started a thread about the authentic "politician", my first post would have been:

"............................................................................................"

:biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
You're right, YKH is also authentic. But there are sometimes he's authentic in a good way too. We need guys like him around to mess up the peace and calm from time to time, but of course without sabotaging the opposition through association.

Agree that Yap is authentic in a good way too. He does what he believes and you won't find a fiercer or more authentic critic of the pap anywhere.
May not always be sensible or logical, but he does and says what he thinks.
I don't know him personally, but he has written enough posts here and in delphi that showed he has a kind heart too.

Definitely not suitable as a potential political candidate though.

LauKow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Comrade, not fair leh. You get wendy, I get Auntie. Can take turn or not? Don't worry about my liver. I eat lots of pig liver to improve my liver. You should try too. Deep fried liver with soy sauce and onion, followed by 1 litre of German dark lager. Shiok!

Bro, watch your uric acid level. Do not let gout attack you. Once they did, it is almost a life time denial of rich food.

Take care.