• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

thai ppl are stupid ...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually out of th3 4 main regions that thailand is divided into only 1 region should be fair skinned and those are from the north of thailand lose to the chinese border. Even though the other 3 main regions of thai are dark skinned i believe they are pretty different. Khun issan or the northeast have closer roots to cambodia and speak a type of thai that even most thais don't understand. The central thais those from bkk and surrounding regions are pretty tanned too. It's the southern thais that i believe not thais don't trust hence the saying khun tai(southern thais) jai dum have a black heart. I suppose it's due to the majority of southern thais being muslims and many thais especially in the 3 southernmost states like pattani in the malay peninsula are actually malays that took up the thai culture. Issan thais are dark skinned too but they are considered to be kind hearted amongst all thais but also the most backwards and more in tune with cambodia since it's closer to cambodia.

I do believe there's obviously going to be some sort of class divide amongst the thais especially if you notice most higher classed thais aren't really dark skinned but i don't believe it's just due to skin color. it's more likely due to which region of thailand they come from.

i agree on the different region of thai those dark skinned comes from . i used to have a thai gf when im staying in thai . i love surfing and the beach but my ex thai gf always tell me not to get so dark cause her family dont like dark skinned ppl .

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually out of th3 4 main regions that thailand is divided into only 1 region should be fair skinned and those are from the north of thailand lose to the chinese border. Even though the other 3 main regions of thai are dark skinned i believe they are pretty different. Khun issan or the northeast have closer roots to cambodia and speak a type of thai that even most thais don't understand. The central thais those from bkk and surrounding regions are pretty tanned too. It's the southern thais that i believe not thais don't trust hence the saying khun tai(southern thais) jai dum have a black heart. I suppose it's due to the majority of southern thais being muslims and many thais especially in the 3 southernmost states like pattani in the malay peninsula are actually malays that took up the thai culture. Issan thais are dark skinned too but they are considered to be kind hearted amongst all thais but also the most backwards and more in tune with cambodia since it's closer to cambodia.

I do believe there's obviously going to be some sort of class divide amongst the thais especially if you notice most higher classed thais aren't really dark skinned but i don't believe it's just due to skin color. it's more likely due to which region of thailand they come from.
Issan has shared roots with Laos, as seen from issan dialect and culture.....Cambodia only has limited influence namely in the southern issan provinces like surin, sisaket and buriram where the people speak another different dialect similar to Khmer. these 3 places also got the darkest skin people....though most generally regard issan people as dark skinned....some issan people like those from NongKhai are actually very fair.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree on the different region of thai those dark skinned comes from . i used to have a thai gf when im staying in thai . i love surfing and the beach but my ex thai gf always tell me not to get so dark cause her family dont like dark skinned ppl .

We all natural like fairer than darker LOL

cleyeo

Alfrescian
Loyal
why thai Mookata ( thai BBQ ) stove is round ? its difficult to bbq the meat cause the meat will fall into the soup !!!

Come on bro,
I dont think it is nice to call other people stupid !!
Every people/country has their own culture of eating or living. For example, if you go to Lombok, you will see part of their house items, such as pot, hard bed are made from cow dunk. Are we going to say they are stupid/crazy ?.

just my 2-cent input.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Issan has shared roots with Laos, as seen from issan dialect and culture.....Cambodia only has limited influence namely in the southern issan provinces like surin, sisaket and buriram where the people speak another different dialect similar to Khmer. these 3 places also got the darkest skin people....though most generally regard issan people as dark skinned....some issan people like those from NongKhai are actually very fair.

Therefore what drifter mentioned about dark skinned ppl is it about all dark skinned thais regardless of where they come from?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ramseth said:
Female teachers were good. You wouldn't want to know what happened to me with female teachers. Your bro would know but he's not around now.

Clarification: I'm not implicating that Fook Seng is a Scroobal clone. It's just coincidental.

Try harder.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Therefore what drifter mentioned about dark skinned ppl is it about all dark skinned thais regardless of where they come from?
Yes ALL Thais have the michael jackson mentality.....openly or secretly all wants a fairer complexion.....i used to know a black beauty......she was very beautiful and had dark skin...somewhat like a local malay-indian mixed.......she was very self-conscious about that and now aware of her beauty as no thai guys gave her a 2nd look....i showered her with the attention she deserved and she returned the favour :biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Come on bro,
I dont think it is nice to call other people stupid !!
Every people/country has their own culture of eating or living. For example, if you go to Lombok, you will see part of their house items, such as pot, hard bed are made from cow dunk. Are we going to say they are stupid/crazy ?.

just my 2-cent input.

im sorry if i sound rude . but designing the mookata stove is not about culture or living style . the design of the stove is not user friendly at all .

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im sorry if i sound rude . but designing the mookata stove is not about culture or living style . the design of the stove is not user friendly at all .
Agree the design is lousy for the consumer but good for the bosses. Light Aluminium with holes. Cheap to buy and easy to clean but food easy to slide off. They improvise it by making dented holes to hold the food. If they stick to the original cast iron design, it will be too costly for the bosses. Cast iron woks are expensive and difficult to maintain.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Agree the design is lousy for the consumer but good for the bosses. Light Aluminium with holes. Cheap to buy and easy to clean but food easy to slide off. They improvise it by making dented holes to hold the food. If they stick to the original cast iron design, it will be too costly for the bosses. Cast iron woks are expensive and difficult to maintain.

you talk sense ..i like logical post .

the faultly design of the woks is not only the use of aluminum material with or without holes . why cant they design a flat area for bbq instead so that the meat will not slip off ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you talk sense ..i like logical post .

the faultly design of the woks is not only the use of aluminum material with or without holes . why cant they design a flat area for bbq instead so that the meat will not slip off ?
This wok design was adopted from the Korean's reverse wok. The original reverse wok is made of cast iron and too expensive to go commercial and maintain. The original reverse was designed to be convex shape so that the excess oil on top can flow down to the gutters below keeping the food less oily on top. If the surface is flat, the food will be too oily as the oil cannot flow downwards.

Unfortunately, the smart or stupid businessmen capitalise on the design and ignorance and call it a "2 in 1" (BBQ and steamboat). The gutter become the steamboat portion. And even more unfortunately, it became popular in LOS. I used my own original reverse wok for private parties and they are good. If eat outside, I just bear with it.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes ALL Thais have the michael jackson mentality.....openly or secretly all wants a fairer complexion.....i used to know a black beauty......she was very beautiful and had dark skin...somewhat like a local malay-indian mixed.......she was very self-conscious about that and now aware of her beauty as no thai guys gave her a 2nd look....i showered her with the attention she deserved and she returned the favour :biggrin:

It's true. All wish to be fairer. Unti LKY got a grandson who's the fairest of them all.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This wok design was adopted from the Korean's reverse wok. The original reverse wok is made of cast iron and too expensive to go commercial and maintain. The original reverse was designed to be convex shape so that the excess oil on top can flow down to the gutters below keeping the food less oily on top. If the surface is flat, the food will be too oily as the oil cannot flow downwards.

Unfortunately, the smart or stupid businessmen capitalise on the design and ignorance and call it a "2 in 1" (BBQ and steamboat). The gutter become the steamboat portion. And even more unfortunately, it became popular in LOS. I used my own original reverse wok for private parties and they are good. If eat outside, I just bear with it.

well , they could just design the bbq area to 10 degree slide enough to let the excess oil to flow down . that way its easy to bbq the meat preventing the meat from slipping down .

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well , they could just design the bbq area to 10 degree slide enough to let the excess oil to flow down . that way its easy to bbq the meat preventing the meat from slipping down .
Drifter, have to say. When it comes to design, the Japanese and the Koreans still number 1. The Thais are good in improvising designs to meet their needs. The Chinese even better, steal designs and make it their own. Remember many years ago, some Thais working in SG adopted a liquor distilling techniques using PVC pipes and ended up one dead.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Drifter, have to say. When it comes to design, the Japanese and the Koreans still number 1. The Thais are good in improvising designs to meet their needs. The Chinese even better, steal designs and make it their own. Remember many years ago, some Thais working in SG adopted a liquor distilling techniques using PVC pipes and ended up one dead.

Thais are the founders and champions of imitation products. It was only in later years after PRC opened up that PRC caught up with the trade. :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i think eroupean design is better then the japanese . japanese is good at designing their packaging product :wink:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think eroupean design is better then the japanese . japanese is good at designing their packaging product :wink:
Nope, Europe in the past was superior in design especially Germans but no longer. Japan and Korean leads now. US is somewhere in between. The rest prefer to adopt. You can tell this just from the sales of cars worldwide. Europe at best is good in fashion and furnishing now and maybe, arts.