• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Temasek Holdings wants Temasek Review website to change its name

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
It depends on where the court is located. TR is not based in Singapore and TH has no way to win. The only question is whether TR would relent to protect their admins' privacy and anonymity. TH is gambling, this time not with investments but with the hope that TR values their anonymity more than TH values its reputation (since it will likely lose).

All TH has to do is to take court action where TR is based and as long as TR is unable to make representation, The rest is history.

There is no need for TH is win. TH already won when TR and their "team" is unable to appear in public.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
All TH has to do is to take court action where TR is based and as long as TR is unable to make representation, The rest is history.

The question is where is TR based. Does anyone know? Quite inconvinent for TH to take action using info that is only known to Sg Intelligence.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question is where is TR based. Does anyone know? Quite inconvinent for TH to take action using info that is only known to Sg Intelligence.

Because TR is in cyberspace, there is no laws in cyberspace whatsoever as technically, there is no goverment inn cyberspace.

But TR is hosted by someone and all TH has to do is find out where is the hosting server and take action from there.

TH is pretty powerful, no small server company would want to run a risk against them.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
74.82.180.11 is TR ip address, Great Britain

That is just the server IP. It used to be in China. Now it has moved to UK. That's just cheeky cause the UK courts had previously ruled against the PAP in a number of high profile political cases.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is just the server IP. It used to be in China. Now it has moved to UK. That's just cheeky cause the UK courts had previously ruled against the PAP in a number of high profile political cases.
TH/TR case is not about political issue.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
TH/TR case is not about political issue.

The UK courts will probably see it as such. Also there are some high profile exiles there.

And that's assuming TR wants to stand still. TR has shown that money and resources is not a problem and the site can be migrated at the drop of a hat. The last time it was done in about 48 hours.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The UK courts will probably see it as such. Also there are some high profile exiles there.

And that's assuming TR wants to stand still. TR has shown that money and resources is not a problem and the site can be migrated at the drop of a hat. The last time it was done in about 48 hours.

Mr Goh Meng Seng, you are hoping that it will happen, aren't you?

I hope TH will just sue Joseph Ong. With the evidence overwhelmingly against him, an injunction will be obtained and he will end up being in contempt of court. Let's see if Joseph is as enticed by prison life as his idol the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan.

ButtHead

Alfrescian
Loyal
To clear this once and for all. Dr Joseph Ong should just lodge a police report claiming that he is not the owner of TR. To strengthen this, he should then swear infront of the commissioner of oaths with a signed document.

If he lied, then he would be charged with false report. But if it is the truth, it would stop others from thinking otherwise.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
After having called TH's bluff, TR continues to thumb their nose at the PAP. They do not look like they are going to back down and comply.

The PAP is looking increasingly weak and lame in the face of TR's defiance.

Interview request from a PhD researcher from Flinders University in Australia

http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/1...archer-from-flinders-university-in-australia/

Following the initial misleading article on TNP and subsequently TH’s “request” article published by various Main Stream Media, our editorial team has received numerous request for email interviews from journalists and researchers from all around the world.

Among them, Ms Natasha Cowan, a PhD student from Flinders University in Australia has sent us a series of questions which we reproduce verbatim below with her kind permission:

Her email request:

To the editors of Temasek Review,

My name is Natasha Cowan and I am a doctoral researcher (PhD student) from the Department of International Relations at Flinders University, Australia. I am conducting my research on the internet and political communication in Singapore, especially the use of the Internet by citizens and political opposition for reaching out to citizens and working within the confines of the strong-state.

As a highly popular alternative news site on Singapore, I would be greatly appreciative if you would be able to answer the questions overleaf and return the answers to me via email ([email protected]). Please note that if there are any questions you do not feel comfortable with answering, you are free to skip them, but it would be of most benefit to my research if you are able to answer the questions as comprehensively as possible.

Please note that this is for academic use only and will not be supplied to any media institution by myself but I do not object if you would like to reproduce the questions and comments on your website verbatim.

I thank you for your time and hopeful cooperation.

Natasha Cowan

Her questions for our editorial team:

1. When did the Temasek Review (under your editor-ship) begin and what are the main aims of the blog/website?

2. Has the growth of Temasek Review exceeded your initial expectations? What is the desired future of Temasek Review?

3. While it is understandable that contributions may be anonymous to facilitate more active contributions to the site, why do the editors and operating staff remain anonymous or use pseudonyms?

4. When articles are produced in-house, what types of time commitment does it take for fact-checking or research for an article?

5. What kind of fact-checking takes place on articles produced by contributors?

6. What is the policy for selecting what articles are produced on the website? Is there a priority of certain issues over others?

7. What is the relationship with the political opposition or political and social activists with Temasek Review; in other words, are some political parties or issues prioritized or given greater coverage than others?

8. What is the relationship between Temasek Review and other alternative news sites like The Online Citizen, New Asia Republic? Is there much information sharing or collaboration or is it reposting of articles between sites?

9. Temasek Review has been gaining more publicity in international media as an information source, how does this affect the reputation of Temasek Review?

10. If there was an option to turn Temasek Review into a more mainstream press like Malaysiakini has done in Malaysia, would you pursue it?

11. What is your moderation policy on comments and articles left on the site? How do you deal with inflammatory racial and religious comments, or users attacking each other, spam or ‘trolls’ and ‘flamers’?

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have expressed interest in our site and for writing in. Please be assured that our editors will respond to each and every one of them soonest possible.

Amanda Tan

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
After having called TH's bluff, TR continues to thumb their nose at the PAP. They do not look like they are going to back down and comply.

The PAP is looking increasingly weak and lame in the face of TR's defiance.

As a highly popular alternative news site on Singapore, I would be greatly appreciative if you would be able to answer the questions overleaf and return the answers to me via email ([email protected]). Please note that if there are any questions you do not feel comfortable with answering, you are free to skip them, but it would be of most benefit to my research if you are able to answer the questions as comprehensively as possible.

Amanda Tan

Sometimes I think this Temasek Review has "a bunch of amateur editors". Look at how they revealed the student's email?

I think TR should come out with more of such articles, then more shit will be dug out from TR and we shall see how the "identities" are going to be exposed.
Don't ever think you are safe behind the monitor. Net Paedophiles can even be caught.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that is the plan, then TR will be leading TH on a merry chase all over the world.

Just get that company that host TR.

You can change the IP, but to move one webhost from one hosting company to another in such a short time of a few days is both counter-productive and very soon, no one would want to take up TR's name when they would question why is this name moving from one host to another.

All TH has to do is to take one big legal action on the one hosting company and you will see the rest refusing to host TR. And then, we will know who is really behind TR because the hosting company will have to revea name and sources of payment.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
All TH has to do is to take one big legal action on the one hosting company and you will see the rest refusing to host TR. And then, we will know who is really behind TR because the hosting company will have to revea name and sources of payment.

It's not that simple, TH maybe some big shot in singgiland but they do not have jurisdiction all over the world, let alone cyberspace.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
You will be amaze, sometimes $$$ can do wonders :p:p:p

No challenge on $$$ does wonders but it doesnt work all the time. If they could they would have done that long ago and not just a name change. These people are no morons, they know their odds and where they stand.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
No challenge on $$$ does wonders but it doesnt work all the time. If they could they would have done that long ago and not just a name change. These people are no morons, they know their odds and where they stand.

In this case, money will do wonders and especially when its a civil suit......Joe Ong better get ready to run road.