• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Switching to motorbikes in Singapore ?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
or get a harley davidson in california for usd11k to usd13k:

It always amazes me how so many are willing to make supreme sacrifices such as giving up on owning a proper home and a car so they can continue to live in that humid, boring, overcrowded shit hole which is a sorry excuse for a country.

It's not as if it's the only habitable place on earth. In fact, it's the exact opposite. I can't think of worse place on earth to spend the rest of my days.:rolleyes:

20 years ago, it could still be called "home" despite the warts. Fast forward to 2010 and it is now occupied territory. The foreigners pretty much completed the invasion 5 years ago. They are now consolidating their position before they cleanse the country of all traces of the past.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far has anyone thought of switching to motorbikes for your daily commuting ?

If a car is too expensive to own and maintain, and squeezing with your fellow PRCs and kelings is a No No, then perhaps motorcycles will be the best alternative.

What say you?

I am a bike rider. Take my advice: Don't Ride Bike. In Singapore.

In the past 3 months, I watched 5 bikers get knocked off their bikes by 4-wheelers. I had 1 near-miss myself. No time to report the woman driver involved to the police.

Don't do it. Singapore roads now too wild and crazy, I find it dangerous even when driving my car. Bike? You will not survive your first year in 1 piece.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It always amazes me how so many are willing to make supreme sacrifices such as giving up on owning a proper home and a car so they can continue to live in that humid, boring, overcrowded shit hole which is a sorry excuse for a country.

It's not as if it's the only habitable place on earth. In fact, it's the exact opposite. I can't think of worse place on earth to spend the rest of my days.:rolleyes:

20 years ago, it could still be called "home" despite the warts. Fast forward to 2010 and it is now occupied territory. The foreigners pretty much completed the invasion 5 years ago. They are now consolidating their position before they cleanse the country of all traces of the past.

i am amazed too at the foolhardiness. as a transit stop, it's endurable for a couple of hours or the most days. but as a home for the real man, it's a hellhole. you can't be anywhere tranquil now without rubbing shoulders with some sweaty riff raffs or brushing buttocks with some ugly broads. there's no moment of silence or serenity. the rat cage is so small everybody hears everybody groans or farts. otherwise, there is the inevitable and undying jackhammer. at least where we are, we ride bikes for leisure on a quiet, uncrowded saturday. we don't need bikes for work or business. they become toys and hobby, and not a necessity. usd20k for a boat for pleasure; usd8k for an offroad all-terrain 4-wheel for fun; and there's still room in the garage for a convertible, just in case we need to take the lady out for a spin. and the air is fresh, clean and breathable, with vegetation, space and scenery all around. that's the real man's dream of living the real life. and it's do-able for less than half the price of a shithole in sg.

AhBeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to ride a bike all my life throughout the army days and working for awhile in Singapore and thereafter I left SIngapore.

Today I have a nice car and my wife has a nice van.............and a few beautiful kids in the private schools............overseas....much better life.

Riding a bike was good until the 90's..........but I noticed the last time I was back in Singapore.....the streets have become very dangerous. I would nou t recommend the motorbile things in Singapore......might as whell migrate and have a better life.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You spastic maggot :oIo:

It's so easy to lie on the internet. :oIo:

In order to gain our trust, you have to take a picture of your 3 cars in Japan and show us. :oIo:

do you need a photo of my cock to prove that i have one ? nobody post their own photo in this forum if i want to lie i might as well use internet photos or my friends photos ...asshole . :wink::oIo:

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
been riding a bike since i was 16...never involved in a major accident until i downgraded to a kup..was hit by a drunk driver..some bruises and a broken left leg..from then onward..i buy a bigger cc bike...in singapore road..the smaller cc bikes are the most risky..either underpowered or their braking system sucks....anyway no matter whether you drive..ride or walk..any moment you can just die..its a matter of when n how..:biggrin:

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instead of switching your mode of transport, why don't you switch countries and keep the car?

It's for my occasional visit to Singapore, since my relatives are all in Singapore. But even for a month or so, I dread squeezing with PRCs and IIs in public transport.

I have not been back for years, and I have really lost touch with the traffic conditions in Singapore.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
let's go for coffee when you are back.:wink:

It's for my occasional visit to Singapore, since my relatives are all in Singapore. But even for a month or so, I dread squeezing with PRCs and IIs in public transport.

I have not been back for years, and I have really lost touch with the traffic conditions in Singapore.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If car too expensive and don't like public transport. Then bike is a choice.
There pros and con.
Pro
1. Cheaper to buy and maintain
2. Easy to find parking.
3. Cheaper parking rate and fuel cost( usage cost)

Con
1. Rain very dangerous ( best find shelter at road side if heavy rain)
2. More dangerous than car and public transport

If you have budget and lincense buy bigger CC. Can tour Malaysia up to Veitnam trip. Will be very adventure and unforgotten memory. That the best part of it. If don't have friend or tour riding group. There lots of biker group in Singapore. All are welcome to join. No one will laugh at anyone even if 1st timer big or small biker( because all are starting from smaller bike/cc) . They will take care of the new member advice them on safety, riding skill and even maintenance .

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember in SSDC, they have this skilled biker riding course where you can play around with the bikes. For instance, they will teach you how to react when you skid and i think you are really supposed to skid and react accordingly during the course.:cool:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Con
1. Rain very dangerous ( best find shelter at road side if heavy rain)
2. More dangerous than car and public transport

It doesn't need to be wet. All it takes is a small patch of spilled diesel.:eek:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An old time rider ever told me when I was just beginning to ride,Class 2B then... According to him, his theory is this but he told me in hokkien, "no matter how big your bike is, when you engage a corner( as in "kup corner") at 40KM/hr and if there is puddle of water, sand or oil, sure skid!"

It doesn't need to be wet. All it takes is a small patch of spilled diesel.:eek:

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
An old time rider ever told me when I was just beginning to ride,Class 2B then... According to him, his theory is this but he told me in hokkien, "no matter how big your bike is, when you engage a corner( as in "kup corner") at 40KM/hr and if there is puddle of water, sand or oil, sure skid!"

this is why riders are suppose to dress for the ride...:smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I fully understand the risk of riding a bike compared to a car.

Just curious. How many of you who have spoken against riding a bike actually possess a Class 2 licence ?

The option of riding a bike strikes me after my stay in Taiwan. Everybody seems to be riding a bike. And if you compare Taiwan's traffic to Singapore, I tell you Singapore is so orderly.

Long, long ... ago when I was young I drove a motorbike in Spore. Back then I remember getting into a couple of accidents e.g. hitting an oil patch, when the car in front stopped suddenly, hydro planning out of control when it was raining,... Accidents do happen :(

Now in my latter years it's even more dangerous with alot of cars on the road driven by alot of imptaient people. I don't drive a car anymore but remember the fender benders which would have been worse if I was on 2 wheels.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal

where I came from, we threw dry mung bean on the road bend to get rid of midnight hell riders :mad:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
btw, I remember when I was still a primary school kid, I ever saw the nite riders gather near Jurong Drive in, before the race started, they were ambushed by the police. Heard some of their bikes were confiscated and so on.

where I came from, we threw dry mung bean on the road bend to get rid of midnight hell riders :mad:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

it amazes me that u can divert every thread into 'por angmor lumpar' thread :oIo:

War Criminal

Alfrescian
Loyal
nowadays car too slow. everywhere jam jam jam. cars go slower than i walk. because of construction for underground MRT line, road accidents, special events like F1, YOG, etc...

and the number of cars on the road will only increase. more and more jams i foresee. now expressways are always at snail pace during peak hours; and if got accident, game over.

bikes are now the fastest mode of transport. i got a driving license but am gonna take a riding license. got a military 2B license (unconvertable though) so know what its like.