• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

STI index

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hiya was wondering if any of you out there can advice me if what a friend of mine told me got a valid point of just talking cock?

The STI keep falling its a good time to dump some $ into it as its very low now. Given that in 2 to 3 yrs time the economy will pick up again I can make around 200 to 300% at least. STI consist of all the blue chip companies in Sg sure won't belly up one lah. If STI were to go kaput then SG will go kaput too very safe one lah.

So what u thing guys? :confused:

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
The market has not reach the bottom yet, the botteom is 3 years away somewhere in 2012. Be very careful with your money, watch out for oct 2009,

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hiya was wondering if any of you out there can advice me if what a friend of mine told me got a valid point of just talking cock?

The STI keep falling its a good time to dump some $ into it as its very low now. Given that in 2 to 3 yrs time the economy will pick up again I can make around 200 to 300% at least. STI consist of all the blue chip companies in Sg sure won't belly up one lah. If STI were to go kaput then SG will go kaput too very safe one lah.

SDP & chee's company are the ones who love to see sgp kapoot! whichever they are doing, they try to bring our country down in a most disguised self-righteous manner.

DON'T WORRY. SINGAPOREANS ARE RESILIENT. WE HAVE SURVIVED THE PAST, WE SHALL OUTSHINE THE FUTURE!!:smile:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... The STI keep falling its a good time to dump some $ into it as its very low now. Given that in 2 to 3 yrs time the economy will pick up again I can make around 200 to 300% at least. STI consist of all the blue chip companies in Sg sure won't belly up one lah. If STI were to go kaput then SG will go kaput too very safe one lah. ...
200-300%? ... cannot la ... gd stocks hv nt dropped dat much 4 u 2 hv dat type of gain later ...

if u wanna buy now, b mentally prepared 2 c dem drop further ...

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal

Back in the late 80's, Nikkie approached 40,000 mark. It dropped for 3 yrs to 14000. The rally from there only reached 22000, took 4 years, but is nowhere near 40,000 mark. The economic climate has changed and more evidently, it confirmed what some people in the 80's thought. "It is the most overpriced piece of shit".

Fast forward to 2008, where the STI reach 3800. Assumming that Singapore will survive this recession, you can try to accumulate some shares here and down to probably 1200. But DO NOT expect it to go back to the high for decades. Probably the range set for the next few years will be topside 2000-2200 only.

And given the change in Global conditions, it will probably dropped lower even if we get there (2000)

Whats your risk, Singapore tanks with it. Thats why those who can are hoarding cash to last more than a lifetime, so they can safely start life anew elsewhere. The self-preservation instinct is strong.

If you have a little money, you may take a risk. If you have a lot of money, you should spread it out in various other currencies so that if we do not get thru this crisis, you have enough USDs to buy a ticket out of here, SGDs will not do then.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
got $ invest lor,,, worst come to worst,, be like LKY,,, take a long term view of 10-20-30 years,,,, unlikely will go kaput la,,,,

Even if opposition forms the next govermnment,,,, investments wil still be safe

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
got $ invest lor,,, worst come to worst,, be like LKY,,, take a long term view of 10-20-30 years,,,, unlikely will go kaput la,,,,

Even if opposition forms the next govermnment,,,, investments wil still be safe

Very optimistic. You really think we can weather 10 yrs of shit. With so much reserves gone, the buffer period will be much shorter.

We will go kaput if this drags for 10 yrs.