• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore 'soul searching' over economy as COVID surges

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spread of covid.

Since the drive to inject everyone with the immunotherapy, they relaxed measures then the spread of the virus went up. No?

What is a vaccine supposed to do actually? A real vaccine. Not some changed definition of vaccine to make it vaccine.

Like that I can also change definition of what a doctor is then tobelightlight leongsam nirvarq dredd SOS vamjok Ralders all can be doctor also. WTF right?

Imagine if the HPV vaccine meant that people dont get sick from HPV but can still get HPV and spread HPV to everyone. WTF vaccine is that?

The 'vaccine' is supposed to be a prerequisite to tag the 'clean' vaxxed ones with some form of a digital passport. It's part of the Great Reset.

What is inside the vaccine is irrelevant, although it is a great opportunity to use people as lab rats with the experimental vaccines... saves time and money compared to the usual route of clinical trials.

Remember when the vaccines were first rolled out, there were more restrictions and a 'lack of data' about reactions to vaccines. Now data isn't lacking anymore. Kudos to the lab rats. :thumbsup:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
The 'vaccine' is supposed to be a prerequisite to tag the 'clean' vaxxed ones with some form of a digital passport. It's part of the Great Reset.

What is inside the vaccine is irrelevant, although it is a great opportunity to use people as lab rats with the experimental vaccines... saves time and money compared to the usual route of clinical trials.

Remember when the vaccines were first rolled out, there were more restrictions and a 'lack of data' about reactions to vaccines. Now data isn't lacking anymore. Kudos to the lab rats. :thumbsup:

I am still waiting to die from the vaccine. I really really want it to kill me. That was one of the other reasons I took the vaccine.

Still waiting. Damn sian.

Frankly I think everybody is fucking just anyhow talking and making claims left right centre. All bullshit.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spread of covid.

Since the drive to inject everyone with the immunotherapy, they relaxed measures then the spread of the virus went up. No?

What is a vaccine supposed to do actually? A real vaccine. Not some changed definition of vaccine to make it vaccine.

Like that I can also change definition of what a doctor is then tobelightlight leongsam nirvarq dredd SOS vamjok Ralders all can be doctor also. WTF right?

Imagine if the HPV vaccine meant that people dont get sick from HPV but can still get HPV and spread HPV to everyone. WTF vaccine is that?
Pfizer cheated.thats what it is.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am still waiting to die from the vaccine. I really really want it to kill me. That was one of the other reasons I took the vaccine.

Still waiting. Damn sian.

Frankly I think everybody is fucking just anyhow talking and making claims left right centre. All bullshit.
Try dating a widow whose husband died due to mysterious circumstances.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spread of covid.

If this is your understanding of vaccine then 5 years of NUS education was wasted on you .

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If this is your understanding of vaccine then 5 years of NUS education was wasted on you .

The definition of a "vaccine" has changed recently.

The traditional understanding of what a vaccine is :

1. Biology
  2. Biology Article
  3. Vaccine Definition

Vaccine Definition​

A vaccine is defined as any substance which is used to stimulate the production of antibodies, in-turn providing immunity against one or few diseases

A vaccine is defined as a biological preparation formulated to provide acquired immunity for a particular disease. Usually, vaccines contain a weakened or killed form of the disease-causing agent, its surface proteins or its toxins. When this preparation is introduced into the human body, the immune system is able to recognize the threat and destroy it. Moreover, the body will “remember” the threat and can initiate an appropriate response if encountered in the future.

The process of administering the vaccine is called vaccination. It is responsible for the eradication of many diseases – especially infectious diseases such as smallpox and chickenpox. The term “vaccine” is derived from the Latin word “vaccinus”, from “vacca”, which means “from cows”. Edward Jenner coined the term for the technique where, he injected individuals with a mild form of cowpox, thereby rendering them immune to small pox

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Ok I am sorry.

So vaccination and immunity had nothing to do with reducing the actual spread of the infectious agent?

I probably need a refresher.

https://immunizebc.ca/what-are-vaccines

What are vaccines?​

print this page
45288422_l.jpg
Vaccines are products that protect people against many diseases that can be very dangerous and even deadly. Different than most medicines that treat or cure diseases, vaccines prevent you from getting sick with the disease in the first place.
You will see the terms vaccines, vaccinations, and immunizations used across this site. The following is a simple guide to help you remember their definitions:
  • Vaccines are products that produce immunity to a specific disease. When you are immune to a disease, it means you are protected against that disease (you can be exposed to it without becoming sick). Most vaccines are given by injection (needle), but some are given orally (by mouth) or nasally (sprayed into the nose).
  • Vaccination is the act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.
  • Immunization is the process by which a person or animal becomes protected against a disease. This term is often used interchangeably with vaccination.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok I am sorry.

So vaccination and immunity had nothing to do with reducing the actual spread of the infectious agent?

I probably need a refresher.

https://immunizebc.ca/what-are-vaccines

What are vaccines?​

print this page
45288422_l.jpg
Vaccines are products that protect people against many diseases that can be very dangerous and even deadly. Different than most medicines that treat or cure diseases, vaccines prevent you from getting sick with the disease in the first place.
You will see the terms vaccines, vaccinations, and immunizations used across this site. The following is a simple guide to help you remember their definitions:
  • Vaccines are products that produce immunity to a specific disease. When you are immune to a disease, it means you are protected against that disease (you can be exposed to it without becoming sick). Most vaccines are given by injection (needle), but some are given orally (by mouth) or nasally (sprayed into the nose).
  • Vaccination is the act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.
  • Immunization is the process by which a person or animal becomes protected against a disease. This term is often used interchangeably with vaccination.
Good heavens how far have you degenerated

you better remember as a doctor you are held to higher standards .

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Very sorry.

Can you please share a refresher?

Thing is these days the internet filled with so much misinformation and even CDC change definitions of vaccines I also cannot remember liao.

I honestly remembered telling patients that if they are vaccinated then it means they wont be able to pass the virus to other people.

For example in the past I would have patients who are pregnant, and somehow had not been vaccinated against Rubella. They would ask me whether they can have friends visit who have been vaccinated against Rubella. I would tell them yeah that's fine chances are the friends who are vaccinated would not be passing rubella to them.

Same with HPV Gardasil vaccine. If someone was vaccinated they would ask me whether they could contract HPV and pass it to other sexual partners. I would say no they won't.

SO ALL THIS FUCKING WHILE I HAVE BEEN WRONG! SHIT MAN!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
https://www.chop.edu/centers-progra...The types of HPV in,wouldn't spread the virus.

Can a person spread HPV to someone after getting the HPV vaccine?​

The HPV vaccine protects against nine types of HPV. Two earlier versions protected against two or four types. The types of HPV in the vaccine protect against the most common causes of cancer and genital warts. If, after being vaccinated, a person is exposed with a type of HPV that was included in the vaccine, he or she is unlikely to be infected and, therefore, wouldn’t spread the virus. However, if a vaccinated person is exposed to an HPV type not in the vaccine, they could potentially be infected and spread the virus to others.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Looks like after MMR vaccination we tend to expect a DECLINE in cases not an increase as per the "covid vaccine"

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/rubella

WHO response​

WHO recommends that all countries that have not yet introduced rubella vaccine should consider doing so using existing, well-established measles immunization programmes. To-date, four WHO regions have established goals to eliminate this preventable cause of birth defects. In 2015, the WHO Region of the Americas became the first in the world to be declared free of endemic transmission of rubella.

The number of countries using rubella vaccines in their national programme continues to steadily increase. As of December 2018, 168 out of 194 countries had introduced rubella vaccines and global coverage was estimated at 69%. Reported rubella cases declined 97%, from 670 894 cases in 102 countries in 2000 to 14 621 cases in 151 countries in 2018. CRS rates are highest in the WHO African and South-East Asian regions where vaccination coverage is lowest.

In April 2012, the Measles Initiative – now known as the Measles & Rubella Initiative – launched a Global Measles and Rubella Strategic Plan which covers the period 2012-2020. The Plan includes a series of global goals for 2020.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very sorry.

Can you please share a refresher?

Thing is these days the internet filled with so much misinformation and even CDC change definitions of vaccines I also cannot remember liao.

I honestly remembered telling patients that if they are vaccinated then it means they wont be able to pass the virus to other people.

For example in the past I would have patients who are pregnant, and somehow had not been vaccinated against Rubella. They would ask me whether they can have friends visit who have been vaccinated against Rubella. I would tell them yeah that's fine chances are the friends who are vaccinated would not be passing rubella to them.

Same with HPV Gardasil vaccine. If someone was vaccinated they would ask me whether they could contract HPV and pass it to other sexual partners. I would say no they won't.

SO ALL THIS FUCKING WHILE I HAVE BEEN WRONG! SHIT MAN!
They don’t have CME in Canada ? Get your info from CME instead of from the halfwits in this forum . Jesus ….

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

I think you must be very young and junior. That's why you got taught and remember the new latest definition of vaccine.

Whereas I am more old timer out of date washed out physician only remember the old definition.

Ok lah. Consider I learn new things now.

Vaccinated already still can get the virus and spread it to others. Just that you don't get sick.

So must change advice now. Vaccinated already does not mean you wont carry the virus and infect others. So should test EVERYBODY ALL THE TIME so we can protect the unvaccinated.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I think you must be very young and junior. That's why you got taught and remember the new latest definition of vaccine.

Whereas I am more old timer out of date washed out physician only remember the old definition.

Vaccinated already still can get the virus and spread it to others. Just that you don't get sick.

So must change advice now. Vaccinated already does not mean you wont carry the virus and infect others. So should test EVERYBODY ALL THE TIME so we can protect the unvaccinated.

So pregnant woman might as well not bother about getting the german measles vaccine because they can still catch Rubella based upon the new definition of what a vaccine is.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am around your vintage . My only advantage is being in an environment where I can interact with all specialities . Share updates and developments , and most important of all the latest gossip on which senior consultant is shagging which resident or admin assistant.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
So pregnant woman might as well not bother about getting the german measles vaccine because they can still catch Rubella based upon the new definition of what a vaccine is.

I think the older vaccines like the ones that pre-date the covid "vaccine" I would still use the old definitions and give the same advice.

But any new vaccines, you have to look at it differently from now on.

So the new definition is just about vaccines protecting the INDIVIDUAL. Ie lower mortality lower morbidity maybe no symptoms.

However vaccines are NO LONGER of any use to reliable control and reduce infection rates - based on the new definitions.

So next time any epidemiologist talks about using vaccines as a way to reduce infections rates, reduce cases, prevent epidemics, tell them to go for a refresher on what a vaccine is.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
To summarize, with the new definition of what vaccination means, you can throw away the association of "herd immunity" with vaccination as well.

Either 100% are vaccinated then all are conferred protection against the disease or anyone not protected is at risk because the virus will be endemic among the vaccinated.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I am around your vintage . My only advantage is being in an environment where I can interact with all specialities . Share updates and developments , and most important of all the latest gossip on which senior consultant is shagging which resident or admin assistant.

I can provide some sound advice.... get the 11 speed Shimano Di2 it is bulletproof. Ultegra is even more robust than DuraAce but of course if prestige matters go for the top of the range.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can provide some sound advice.... get the 11 speed Shimano Di2 it is bulletproof. Ultegra is even more robust than DuraAce but of course if prestige matters go for the top of the range.
I used it before . Totally bomb proof. Never derailed. With SRAM red I derailed twice already .

Unfortunately if I were to buy the Pinarello F then vanity dictates I spec it with the 12 speed . When you can’t ride that well you gotta at least look good

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
And to add : for all intent and purposes Ultegra is way beyond adequate. Dura Ace is just that extra bit of bells and whistles . But like i said : for me cycling is also about the vanity . Very shallow I know . Please sue me