• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shebby Singh(Gallego99) now a big shot at Blackburn Rovers

jw5

Loyal
Shebby has just signed Nuno Gomes from Braga and Leon Best from Newcastle. :biggrin:

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Shebby very the powderful......

Looks like he is enjoying himself at Blackburn....

Steve Kean faces sack if Blackburn Rovers lose three in a row

Blackburn Rovers manager Steve Kean has been warned he will be sacked if he loses three games in a row early on in the new Championship season.

Rovers dropped from the Premier League last season but Kean kept his job.

He faced criticism from some Blackburn fans, who have staged regular protests against him and the club's owners.
Director of football Shebby Singh said: "If, after three games, we have dropped nine points, then we'll only have a 50% chance of getting promoted."

Blackburn begin their Championship campaign away to Ipswich before home games against Hull and Leicester.
Kean has signed seven players since being relegated from the top flight, including Leon Best for £3m, Danny Murphy on a free transfer and Dickson Etuhu for an undisclosed fee.

Singh, a former Malaysian international player who was brought to Ewood Park by the club's owners Venky's in June, added: "I was possibly one of the worst critics [of Kean] last season.

"I'm sure the manager didn't like me much, but I say it as it is.

"I am working with the infrastructure that is already there and people need to prove to me that they can do their jobs."

In May, Singh wrote a column for the New Paper in Singapore in which he said Kean should be sacked, but he said he will not judge the manager on what has happened in the past.

Asked if he has the power to sack Kean, Singh said: "Yes. If the results are not forthcoming, I put the pressure on the manager and the players."

jw5

Loyal

Maybe the Venkys told him that he would be sacked if the team loses 4 in a row. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal

Mwahahahahhahahahahahha!!!!!

Article from espnsoccernet:

Singh says sorry to Kean

Blackburn manager Steve Kean and midfielder Morten Gamst Pedersen have received apologies from the club's global advisor, Shebby Singh, for remarks he made about them at a fans' forum.

Singh, who represents owners Venky's at Ewood Park, told supporters at the event in Blackburn on Saturday that Kean would "definitely" be sacked if Rovers lost three matches in a row at the start of the season. He then claimed Pedersen did not contribute to the team.

Kean, along with Venky's, was the subject of numerous supporter protests as Rovers lurched to relegation from the Premier League amid mounting on and off-pitch problems.

The fans' forum was held in an attempt to improve communication with supporters. Supporters cheered when Singh unequivocally told them the unpopular Scot could be axed - but he backtracked on Monday and said he was sorry if he had hurt the manager's feelings.

"I would like to send an apology to Steve Kean because some things were said on Saturday," the Malaysian said. "I think they would have hurt Steve Kean's feelings, and for that I sincerely apologise.

"Some things are said in jest that don't come across like that when repeated, but I am not making excuses. I apologise for hurting any feelings."

He had also hit out at Norwegian Pedersen - long a popular figure with Blackburn fans - saying: "Morten Gamst Pedersen used to be a fantastic left winger. Unfortunately, he has not reinvented himself as a central midfielder. He has lost his legs - he's not been contributing to the team.

"We want people who can run and run, and keep running for 90 minutes for the cause. We are not here to entertain big names, I am sorry, and this is why teams fail."

But he apologised for that, too - saying he had been outspoken because he was making an attempt to reconnect with supporters who feel they have been alienated from the club by the Venky's ownership.

"I would also like to apologise to Morten Gamst Pedersen for what was said. There are no excuses and Morten is a great character," he said.

"My blunt honesty sometimes upsets people and sometimes rubs people up the wrong way. I am making efforts to bring the club back to the fans and, in trying to do that, I have gone too far. I am trying to find the middle ground."

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Egg on his face!!!Bayi screaming for attention and wants to show who is boss. Knn, he'd be better off flipping prata.

jw5

Loyal

Mwahahahhahaha! Morten gets a laugh, and probably not the last one. :biggrin:

Extract of article from espnsoccernet:

Morten Gamst Pedersen silenced his critics to earn Blackburn a 2-1 win they barely deserved against an unfortunate Leicester side.

Rovers' global adviser Shebby Singh earlier this month labelled the Norwegian "a pensioner'' - something which was met with criticism from boss Steve Kean and the Professional Footballers' Association.

Singh apologised afterwards but this afternoon Pedersen, 30, rolled back the years with a superb 79th-minute strike - celebrated with the aid of a walking stick - which extended Blackburn's unbeaten start to the npower Championship season.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry, but I really have no time for this Malaysian. I know a lot of people rate him as a pundit on ESPN but not me.
Championship football will be as good as it gets for him at Blackburn.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Shebby won ........ finally ......
Actually, Steve Kean didn't do badly so far. Blackburn was top until the lost last week.
Even then, it is third and there is still a long way to go.

Steve Kean 'forced to resign' as Blackburn Rovers manager

Steve Kean says he has been "forced to resign" as manager of Championship side Blackburn Rovers.

The Scot, 44, has left Ewood Park with immediate effect because his position had become "untenable", he said in a statement.

Blackburn owners Venky's held talks with Kean at the weekend following a 2-1 home defeat by Middlesbrough.

Kean said earlier on Friday that he believed the talks had been "positive and constructive".

Rovers managing director Derek Shaw insisted he knew "nothing" about Kean's departure immediately after the release of his statement, before Blackburn later confirmed the Scot's resignation.

Rovers were relegated from the Premier League in May but are third in the Championship table after taking 14 points from their first seven matches.

Kean had been in charge of the Lancashire club since December 2010 when he replaced the sacked Sam Allardyce.

The statement, which was issued through Kean's lawyers on Friday, said: "For reasons that I cannot discuss on legal advice, it is with deep regret, given my hard work and service for the club for a number of years, that I have been forced to resign as manager of Blackburn Rovers Football Club with immediate effect, due to my position as team manager becoming untenable.

"I wish to thank all the players and coaching staff for their great support and the majority of the fans, who now see their club heading towards an automatic promotion position back to the Premiership. I wish the club all the very best for the future."

A large number of Blackburn supporters have held protests against Kean for much of his 21-month reign, but he had continued to retain the backing of Indian owners Venky's.

There were more calls for his exit from a sizeable majority of the home crowd throughout Friday's loss against Middlesbrough, which was Rovers' first defeat of the Championship season.

A fans' boycott has led to attendances at Ewood Park falling significantly, with the 13,405 crowd against Middlesbrough more than 9,000 down on the average crowds they were attracting in the Premier League last season.

Former Scotland striker Kevin Gallacher, who helped Blackburn win the Premier League title in 1995, says it is vital for the club to unite following Kean's departure.

"I know a lot of the fans will be out celebrating tonight," he told BBC Radio Lancashire. "But there are two halves to a football club, and they haven't joined together at Blackburn for the last 18 months.

"They've got to get the boardroom right, they've got to get the management right and they have got to work together - and not just with each other, but for the people of Blackburn."

Following Kean's appointment, Rovers only avoided relegation from the Premier League on the final day of the 2010-11 season with a 3-2 victory at Wolves.

However, he was unable to save them from the drop last season, ending the club's 11-year stay in the top flight.

General Veers

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

EXCLUSIVE: Spurs chairman Levy slams door shut on Sherwood's Rovers return

By NEIL ASHTON PUBLISHED: 21:45 GMT, 30 September 2012 | UPDATED: 21:51 GMT, 30 September 2012

Daniel Levy has turned down an official approach from Blackburn for Tim Sherwood, the Tottenham technical co-ordinator. The Spurs chairman, who will speak to Sherwood about his future this week, does not want him to quit the club. Blackburn are ready to offer Sherwood, who captained the club to the 1995 Premiership title, the job of reviving their fortunes following Steve Kean's resignation.

article-2210902-15432015000005DC-564_468x309.jpg

Not on my watch: Daniel Levy turned down an official approach from Blackburn Rovers

Owners, the Venky family, are banking on the emotional pull of Blackburn to convince Sherwood to return as their manager. The 43-year-old is their favoured option, but they cannot get through the front door at Tottenham after Levy rejected their advances on Sunday.Sherwood, who is happy with his role developing young players at the north London club, has never had any managerial ambitions. The former Spurs midfielder has been working with the club's young players and putting a development structure in place since he joined the coaching staff in October 2008.

His next logical move at White Hart Lane appeared to be the vacant role of technical director, but manager Andre Villas-Boas insisted last week that Sherwood would not be promoted to the position.When questioned over the weekend, Sherwood said: 'That's all they are - just rumours. That's all I know about it. 'I've got a great job where I am. There is nothing to consider. It's just speculation. 'I love what I do. I'm happy at the football club, it's a great project.'

article-2210902-150EF2FB000005DC-697_468x349.jpg

No chance: Levy (left) is a notoriously tough negotiator

article-2210902-0000424D00000CB2-143_468x484.jpg

Remember this? Sherwood (centre) captained Blackburn as they won the Premiership in 1995

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Club legend Shearer open to Rovers approach as pundit eyes return to management

By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER PUBLISHED: 05:39 GMT, 1 October 2012 | UPDATED: 05:39 GMT, 1 October 2012

Former England captain Alan Shearer is considering a return to management with Blackburn Rovers, the club with whom he won the Premier League title in 1995. The Match of the Day pundit can only call on the managerial experience of his brief and unsuccessful stint at the helm of Newcastle three years ago, yet is confident of restoring Rovers to the top flight. Shearer, who scored 112 league goals for the Lancashire outfit during his playing days, previously turned down the opportunity to take over at Ewood Park before Paul Ince's ill-fated spell.

article-2211076-15485280000005DC-935_468x300.jpg

Big name: Alan Shearer would like the chance to replace Steve Kean and manage Blackburn Rovers, the club he helped win the Premier League title in 1995

article-2211076-00EE6B8E00000190-240_468x286.jpg

The striker has flirted with a return to the dug out before, namely with Cardiff 15 months ago, but, according to the Daily Mirror, is so keen on this latest opportunity that Iain Dowie, his No 2 at Newcastle, and one-time strike partner Mike Newell have already been sounded out about joining the backroom team.

Shearer's only competition for the position vacated by Steve Kean is former team-mate Tim Sherwood, who Sportsmail revealed has been denied the chance to speak with Rovers' global advisor Shebby Singh, something Shearer will do this week.

The 43-year-old is the favoured option, but they cannot get through the front door at Tottenham after Levy rejected their advances on Sunday. Sherwood, who is happy with his role developing young players at the north London club, has never had any managerial ambitions.

article-2211076-15432015000005DC-835_468x286.jpg

Competition: Blackburn made a formal approach to Tottenham for Tim Sherwood

The former Spurs midfielder has been working with the club's young players and putting a development structure in place since he joined the coaching staff in October 2008. His next logical move at White Hart Lane appeared to be the vacant role of technical director, but manager Andre Villas-Boas insisted last week that Sherwood would not be promoted to the position. When questioned over the weekend, Sherwood said: 'That's all they are - just rumours. That's all I know about it. 'I've got a great job where I am. There is nothing to consider. It's just speculation. I love what I do. I'm happy at the football club, it's a great project.'

jw5

Loyal
Poor Henning. :(

espnsoccernet.com

Berg set to be named Blackburn boss

Blackburn's global advisor Shebby Singh is awaiting approval from Indian owners Venky's on the appointment of Henning Berg.

Berg was interviewed and has agreed to the deal in principle to return to Ewood Park and manage the club where he won the first of his three Premier League titles back in 1995.

But the appointment is set to come after an abortive and contentious move for Harry Redknapp in the last 24 hours in the long-winded process of finding Steve Kean's successor.

ESPN sources have been told that Redknapp's agent Paul Stretford held talks with Singh when the former Spurs boss became agitated that he was being publicly declared a candidate and that he was up for interview.

Redknapp was concerned that, if he was wanted, he should be offered the job, not interviewed for it. In addition, Blackburn was not high on his list of clubs for his next move into management, and the club couldn't afford his services.

Redknapp told ESPN that he was playing golf in Dorset when it was disclosed that he was wanted for an interview with Blackburn. After telling ESPN that he would rather be on the course than be interviewed for the role, Redknapp went on television to emphasise the point that they were not the club for him.

The ESPN source said: "Harry Redknapp's representative made contact with Blackburn, and by all accounts the conversation didn't go well."

The source added: "Blackburn have now finally made up their minds and the appointment, though, needs to be approved by Venky's."

Rovers supporters have already expressed their doubts about the credentials of Berg, who has had two unsuccessful spells as a coach with Norwegian clubs Lyn Oslo and Lillestrom.

The fans that campaigned for Kean's removal have been dismayed at the club's moves for untried managers such as Tottenham coach Tim Sherwood and Fulham assistant Billy McKinlay.

The recruitment process took another unexpected turn when Rovers were linked with a move for former Argentina coach Diego Maradona. While the ESPN source has questioned the validity of that story, it appears that Singh did talk to Maradona's advisors, if only to gauge his interest.

Former Queens Park Rangers manager Paulo Sousa, currently at Hungarian club Videoton, and Southampton boss Nigel Adkins have been mentioned as stand-by candidates in the event of the move for Berg falling through.

But it will be the list of managers who either turned down Blackburn or were mentioned in dispatches, rather than the man who is eventually appointed, which will linger long in the memory.

Bernt Schuster, Giovanni Trapattoni, Mick McCarthy, Gianfranco Zola, Alan Shearer, Jurgen Klinsman and Maradona were all reported as targets following Kean's departure, while Redknapp, Sherwood, Glenn Hoddle and Molde's Ole Gunnar Solskjaer were among those who turned them down flat.

Former Blackburn midfielder Garry Flitcroft was also being considered. Raddy Antic and Javier Clemente both applied. Sven-Goran Eriksson was named as a candidate, as were former Barcelona and Chelsea full-back Albert Ferrer and ex-Lazio coach David Ballardini.

Some of those names applied, some were sounded out through third parties, while others were beyond the possibility of ever joining Blackburn.

At least Berg has Blackburn connections, having had two spells as a player from 1993-97 and 2000-03, before returning to his homeland to begin his coaching career.