• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Samuk Resign

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Samuk used its power to amend rules and law to fit in his own way and for his benefits. just like LKY. That is fair and unshallow? He is elected fair and square because of the spillover merit of thaksin. His capabilities is far from good.

Thais are different from sinkies and they do not need to wait for elections to throw out someone useless. That is called courage. By the time they wait for elections to held , there will be no chance to get rid of the useless one.

But of course , what does sinkie understand?

1)Just becoz he change rules and law doesn't mean anything. More importantly, is it within his power to do so?

2)He was legally elected by the pple.

3)Don't tell me the poor farmers who support him doesn't know any better. This is a democracy, everyone can have his say. The majority pple chose him. Just because a small bunch of rich elites doesn't like him doesn't give them the right to kick him out.

Best part is PAD know it stands no chance in a real elections and are using underhanded means to kick them out and form their own governemnt. If the PAD wins, it signifies a win for the elites. The poor will lose their voice. This is not a democracy. Its an abuse of democracy, its making a mockery out of it

Please do not mistake Thailand's current situation with that of the Philippines where "pple power" toppled the previous president. There is a big difference between everyone in the country wanting a change as oppose to only a small bunch of elites who wants change.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just becoz he change rules and law doesn't mean anything. More importantly, is it within his power to do so?

i disagree. It means a lot. The changing of rules is for his own benefit or for the people. There is a big difference and is more important.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i disagree. It means a lot. The changing of rules is for his own benefit or for the people. There is a big difference and is more important.

It happens all the time with the Singapore Government. Perhaps Singaporeans have gotten used to it as the norm. But it's neither right nor normal. The government is voted in serve the people, not to serve itself.

Last edited:

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
1)Just becoz he change rules and law doesn't mean anything. More importantly, is it within his power to do so?

2)He was legally elected by the pple.

For the sake of the argument, what if it is really true that the votes of the poor have been literally bought with money? Surely, democracy in this case is just in name and not in spirit?

For the sake of argument, if I am an absolutely corrupt dictator siphoning trillions out of the national wealth, I don't mind throwing a few millions of dollars to the poor so that they will vote for me. It is just loose change to me!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It happens all the time with the Singapore Government. Perhaps Singaporeans have gotten used to it as the norm. But it's neither right nor normal. The government is voted in serve the people, but to serve itself.

The thing is the sinkies will not understand such logic, that is why they are sinkies. I remember there is a long post on why people die die must vote the ruling party, all those are selfish, care-for-myself-first kind of reason.

That is why if PAP rules, we can estimate major percentage of them are sinkies.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For the sake of the argument, what if it is really true that the votes of the poor have been literally bought with money? Surely, democracy in this case is just in name and not in spirit?

For the sake of argument, if I am an absolutely corrupt dictator siphoning trillions out of the national wealth, I don't mind throwing a few millions of dollars to the poor so that they will vote for me. It is just loose change to me!

ohhh wise words...

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
thaksin they say corrupt..

samuk they say corrupt..

maybe no more good n honest politicians in thailand liao :biggrin:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
thaksin they say corrupt..

samuk they say corrupt..

maybe no more good n honest politicians in thailand liao :biggrin:

maybe people who are like tonychat. good, honest, non-corrupt. whiter than a piece of white paper. but hor, he not siam kia. :p

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe, just maybe PAPAYA should go thailand & try their luck:biggrin:

this one? BUEY SAI lah
that one? BUEY SAI lah

how about that person? HOW CAN EH SAI?
that one's who and who? Wah lau, eh sai meh?

KN%$#@^!
then you tell me TIANG EH SAI lah:p

ksterk

Alfrescian
Loyal
this one? BUEY SAI lah
that one? BUEY SAI lah

how about that person? HOW CAN EH SAI?
that one's who and who? Wah lau, eh sai meh?

KN%$#@^!
then you tell me TIANG EH SAI lah:p

LKY & LKY Jr can LA.
Ask them go la. cofirm first wk tio gun down by them liao:biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Referendum?

Latest turn of events, after this afternoon's cabinet meetup. Going public?

Referendum on the crisis

The government on Thursday approved an up-or-down national vote of confidence with a referendum that will ask every voting citizen the question: Do you want the government to continue in office?

Minister of Culture Somsak Kiatsuranond briefed the media on the proposal after the special cabinet meeting.

No date has been set for the vote, approved only in principle by the cabinet. The Council of State is to work out ballot questions and details of the referendum, a process Mr Somsak indicated could take a few weeks.

He said the cabinet members see a referendum that asks several questions - even giving voters an opportunity to comment on the ongoing political crisis and standoff in Bangkok. Questions might include whether voters approve of the government, want it to resign, or favour a new election.

"Prime Minister Samak (Sundaravej) sees this as the best solution," said Mr Somsak.

The ballot will ask one simple question, whether voters want the government to stay in power, Mr Somsak said