• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Recommend a place to buy Bike?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looking for a mid range bicycle for exercising, any recommendation for a shop will be great.

TIA

http://www.20incho.com/index.shtml

<CENTER>
mainpics.jpg
</CENTER>

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
No brand is going to win you a bike race. It's the legs, the lungs and the heart that determine how fast you can go.

Boonen has been on the Paris Roubaix podium of 3 different brands... a Trek, a Time and a Specialized.

And of course you ride a?

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking for a mid range bicycle for exercising, any recommendation for a shop will be great.

TIA

bro, u cycle for high intense , middle or just leisure? for me i just bought a MTB from any uncle bicycle shop cost 90dollars, i change to road bike tyre and use it for few yrs, had used those bike to complete one triathlon( no more particpate cause fucking ex),i even use it to malaysia,... and aware of sg road traffic, not bicycle friendly at all, always fix front and rear light for night cycling. enjoy ur cycling.....:smile:

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
if it is just for exercising, why not try your friendly neighbourhood bicycle shop? I got mine for about $300, with emphasis on a good set of brakes, rear lights.

Quite a good bike until it got stolen :mad:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
if it is just for exercising, why not try your friendly neighbourhood bicycle shop? I got mine for about $300, with emphasis on a good set of brakes, rear lights.

Quite a good bike until it got stolen :mad:

A $300 bike??? My brake pads cost more than than that!:rolleyes:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Quite a beauty...have you actually had a go on one of these?

I rode a road bike many many yrs ago.... Given up riding till 2000 start riding MTB till 05/06. Rode a Norco back then but try out my friend Trek/Cannondale/Ellsworth/Santa Cruz/Specialized/Yeti....All belong to the same guy... U can imagine how much he spend on bike...:eek:

Although the size doesn't suit me... It's heaven and earth diff in term of performance compared to my Norco. Especially when the going get tough... u really feel the diff...:biggrin::biggrin:

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ehh why u recommend Cycleworx???

Something fishy dey.

The poster looking for mid range bike. Prices at cycleworx abit on the high side and they usually specialize in top of the line Pinarello rd bikes.

The thread stater better off looking at neighbourhood shops like Hup leong, C2C cycle etc for mid-range bikes.... Or better still, if he does not mind second hand bikes, can check out the 2nd hand market place at togoparts.com. Sometimes can get pretty good deals there and the bikes are usually in ok condition despite being 2nd hand.

Happy bike hunting!

Cheers!

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ehh why u recommend Cycleworx???

Something fishy dey.

The poster looking for mid range bike. Prices at cycleworx abit on the high side and they usually specialize in top of the line Pinarello rd bikes.

The thread stater better off looking at neighbourhood shops like Hup leong, C2C cycle etc for mid-range bikes.... Or better still, if he does not mind second hand bikes, can check out the 2nd hand market place at togoparts.com. Sometimes can get pretty good deals there and the bikes are usually in ok condition despite being 2nd hand.

Happy bike hunting!

Cheers!
I've actually visited togoparts before I asked for more recommendations. I am not ruling out buying a 2nd hand one :smile:. Anyway, thks for introducing me to cycleworx, although I haven't visited the shop yet, I've got a feeling it maybe on the high side for me. Just need to do regular exercise, so don't mind a little torture as long as my legs, lungs and heart get the work out.... and sweat out the stress as well :smile:.

thks everyone for your inputs.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
U can try Tay cycle, Hup Leong or C2C... can look at Giant...Aust $1199... Can check with Tay c how much he sell...

giant_defy_3_2009_blue_silver_black.jpg

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously a good bike, good enough for soemone to steal :biggrin:

I'm surprise no one has suggested a very good bicycle lock. Maybe get 2 or 3 to secure each wheel & frame :smile:

I did use a bicycle lock but a friend who is a police detective told me that these people used quite niffy equipment that can break the locks in a jiffy.

But 2 or 3 to secure each wheel & frame? Did not think of that.

Anyway it was a good bike, able to navigate singapore roads quite well.

The other bikes all looked quite impressive. But I have a strong suspicion that they are beyond my budget.