• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Recommend a place to buy Bike?

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking for a mid range bicycle for exercising, any recommendation for a shop will be great.

TIA

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
thks uncle. Read somewhere that you are into cycling right? so any recommendation for say entry level road bike? My MTB was stolen, so thought I try a road bike. Not too ex - economy is bad and I am not that crazy yet.
tia

Get an entry level Trek framewith a Shimano 105 or Ultegra group set. The Trek 1.7 should do nicely.

Trek-17-2009.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i prefer Cannondale or Specialized than trek.

All frames are pretty much the same. Entry level stuff is made in China or Taiwan at OEM factories. They simply build the bike to specs and slap a sticker on before the clear coat. Only the top end frames are made in Europe or the USA.

I recommend Treks to budget conscious individuals because they carry a lifetime warranty.

No brand is going to win you a bike race. It's the legs, the lungs and the heart that determine how fast you can go.

Boonen has been on the Paris Roubaix podium of 3 different brands... a Trek, a Time and a Specialized.

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
And it is SG roads that determine how fast you will go. :biggrin:
as long as there is no nails on the road :smile:.

besides the legs, lungs and heart, not forgetting the mental discipline as well - applicable to forms of sports.

Thanks for all the recommendations, I will check it out.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
ang mo kio block 300 plus there got one bicycle shop. quite famous i heard, go there have a look.

Screwball

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Q" branch, hemnant road.
Collection of unclaimed bikes handed over to the police.
Go there, have a look, and taking home one which you fancy :p

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All frames are pretty much the same. Entry level stuff is made in China or Taiwan at OEM factories. They simply build the bike to specs and slap a sticker on before the clear coat. Only the top end frames are made in Europe or the USA.

I recommend Treks to budget conscious individuals because they carry a lifetime warranty.

No brand is going to win you a bike race. It's the legs, the lungs and the heart that determine how fast you can go.

Boonen has been on the Paris Roubaix podium of 3 different brands... a Trek, a Time and a Specialized.

do they have term for the welding? some have very nice welding, some are shit.